Search results

1. hendulele

Another Timms on eBay

He posts on the forum occasionally. I think he said one of those sold 20-some minutes after he posted it. I’m delighted to have mine!
  2. hendulele

How to take the next step?

Yes. I have very good pitch but didn’t know how to breathe or project until I took voice lessons. The pandemic interrupted them and I’ve regressed. But when I was doing those once- weekly lessons, my playing and confidence improved dramatically.
  3. hendulele

Thinking of thinning the herd

Keep the Blackbird and Flight for sure.
  4. hendulele

Season 505 - S-P-E-L-L-I-T-O-U-T

Not much spelling here, Brian, but at least it’s repetitive!
  5. hendulele

Taropatch Brands

Ohana makes a taropatch, all-mahogany. Mim sells them, but I understand she’s taking a several-week hiatus soon to help Mr. Mim recover from surgery,
  6. hendulele

Kiwaya standard vs thinline sopranos

I bought mine used for $160. It wasn’t a steal, there are a few dings, but the seller and I were happy with the price, and it was a great deal. They pop up on eBay and the UU marketplace every now and then.
  7. hendulele

Kiwaya standard vs thinline sopranos

I have an FS-1 with Worth Browns (same as KS-1, just a different label) and love it. They’re such great players and punch well above their price point.
  8. hendulele

WTB Ken Timms Mahogany Soprano

Good luck! I might say you don’t know what you’re missing, but you do!
  9. hendulele

Magic Flea sound

My soprano Flea with koa top and wood fretboard lives beside my sofa. it sounds resonant and a bit rounder than my two special sopranos (a Depression-era Gibson and a Ken Timms), but they’re meant to sound like classic sopranos. The Flea is a great player that doesn’t need babying. My Firefly...
  10. hendulele

SEASON 504- Music as an empathetic friend

Yeah, Irving Azoff, who controls copyright for Eagles and a lot of other artists from SoCal, has minions who can be extremely aggressive about policing YouTube. It sucks, especially if you have no expectation of receiving $$$, and make it clear you don’t, but there it is. It seems that Eagles...
  11. hendulele

SEASON 504- Music as an empathetic friend

Hi Dave and Mel — Thanks a million for doing this. Maybe a little conditional hope would help at this time. Anyway, I love the vibe this one conveys.
  12. hendulele

'Best' Keys for Song Circles, your opinions please

We play a lot more in D these days. It’s not too much of a strain for the baritone or soprano singers. C and G can be an issue for one or the other.
  13. hendulele

NUD: Martin 0XK concert

I wonder if Martin will make a tenor from HPL. I guess sales of the concert may factor in that decision.
  14. hendulele

Right. The fretboard is sipo, same material used on my C1K.
  15. hendulele

They aren’t 2s. I’ve replaced 2s on my Flea and Firefly with 4s and 6s. The tuners on the Martin are definitely not 2s.
  16. hendulele

SEASON 503 "SUPERMARKET SWEEP!!!"

Hi, Val! I thought about a lot of songs before I decided to do another from Rick Estrin and the Nightcats. The band's been based in Sacramento, California, since 1973, when they were called Little Charlie and the Nightcats (Charlie Baty was the guitarist; Estrin the singer/songwriter/harmonica...
  17. hendulele

I don't play up the neck that much, so it's not a big deal to me. I'm OK with the sopranos that are 12 frets only. YMMV!
  18. hendulele

The 0XK concert is laminate koa, friction tuners, comes with Martin padded gig bag. Strap button added. Arrived yesterday from Mim, less than 72 hours after ordering! She's the best. It's for gigging and keeping beside my sofa. No need to keep in a humidified case during the winter, unlike my...
  19. hendulele

Ukulele Business Still Booming: Good News

Despite its well-reported concerns, social media outlets have helped ukuleles and other "folk" instruments gain exposure. Facebook, Instagram, TikTok all feature uke players, pros and amateurs alike. The networking side of social media (including MeetUp) lets people who otherwise would never...
  20. hendulele

Season #502 - Look What They've Done To My Song Ma!

Whew! Snuck this in and got the season number wrong in the recording. I saw fantastic music at the IBMA Bluegrass Live festival this week on the streets of Raleigh, but I did remember this gem from Weird Al.