Search results

1. UkerDanno

NUD: Kamoa E5 GC...

It finally arrived, I bid on this 2 weeks ago, I had a notification on ebay if a Grand concert came up for sale. It is a 15" scale with a 1 3/8" wide nut. Fit and finish is gorgeous as is the solid cedar top. Has a slight rounded back and volume and projection is amazing, it came with Aquilas...
  2. UkerDanno

Ubass tuners...

I have these Ubass tuners I took off of my 2011 Kala fretless solid spruce top, I replaced them with Hipshots, just because I plan on keeping it for a while. There's no brand name, but the stamping reads: DJ:3 on two and DJ:2 on the other two. $40 shipped CONUS...
  3. UkerDanno

Vintage Martin ukuleles...

I've been having an ongoing debate with people on the "Martin Ukulele" facebook page concerning bar frets and when they were used and discontinued. I was told and found backup documentation that in 1933 Martin put the decal on the headstock and in 1935, they went from bar frets to using T-frets...
  4. UkerDanno

Electric experiment?

I've seen several people wanting to try electrifying their ukes, here's a deal to try it out... Won't let me post a link, but go to musiciansfriend and check out the Deal of the Day...Mitchell electric concert.
  5. UkerDanno

NUBD: Kala Acacia...

I recently learned that Kala made an all solid Acacia model in the early days, I saw one on reverb for a decent price, so I jumped on it. It's also the older pre-preamp version, which I prefer. The one I have now is fretless and I like the fretless, but I feel like I'm getting kind of sloppy...
  6. UkerDanno

NUD: Martin Iz...

I've been wanting one of these since I heard about them, or they came out, not sure which. Hesitated because it's a tenor and I always struggled with tenor. Always preferred high G and my Kanile'a filled that slot perfectly. High G works for most of what I like to play, but some songs work...
  7. UkerDanno

Ka-lae ukulele info...

Any info on this? Looks like koa to me. Value?
  8. UkerDanno

NUD: Epiphone Hummingbird tenor...

Been looking for a good low G instrument for years and really haven't had much luck. I'm pretty much a high G guy, but some old rock and country tunes sound good with low G. So, I saw this online and thought it looked cool, so when I sold my EM Ubass, I pulled the trigger. It has a pickup...
  9. UkerDanno

They're coming (flatwounds)...

Should be available any day...
  10. UkerDanno

NUBD: Kala solid spruce top fretless...

Actually got this last Friday? Saw it on ebay and for the price, just couldn't resist, so put my SUB up for sale and it went fast, so I made an offer and it was accepted! Love the fretless and the sound of the FS2. It's an older one from 2011, I believe, without the preamp, just like my EM. I...
  11. UkerDanno

Any speaker experts around here?

I'm sure in the vast knowledge of the people that hang around this forum, somebody has speaker knowledge. I have some Bose 301 series 1 speakers, I've had them for 10 years or so and they've been my only speakers for a couple years. They sound great, but a couple days ago I was listening to Iz...
  12. UkerDanno

adjusting sealed back tuners...

Is there a way to tighten sealed back tuners? A guy at our club got a new uke and one seems to slip? Not sure if that's the problem, but he says it won't stay in tune and it seems to turn more freely than the others... They look like this...
  13. UkerDanno

What brand of tuners are these?

Anyone know what brand these are? Mahalo
  14. UkerDanno

Lyra ukulele...

Anyone have more info on this Lyra ukulele?
  15. UkerDanno

Re-stringing Ubass with round wounds...

Any advice? They're a lot different than the Pahoehoes. I've read in various places to cut 2" and 4"-5" past the tuner post, then stick the end down in the hole in the tuner. I put them on by just wrapping around, but have 6" of excess and afraid to cut off too much! Has anyone done this before?
  16. UkerDanno

FS: Fender Hula girl "Piha'eu" soprano...

SOLD, SOLD, SOLD...Fender Hula girl soprano ukulele "Piha'eu". This is a cool limited edition soprano with a lively tone and great projection. Came from HMS (theukulelesite) so you know it's been setup properly. Strung with Worth Browns. $100.00 shipped CONUS. No case, but I'll double box and...
  17. UkerDanno

FS: Ohana CK-35-8 8-string concert...

SOLD, SOLD, SOLD! For sale is a wonderful sounding Ohana CK-35-8 8-string concert size ukulele. It's like new, all solid mahogany top, back and sides, strung with Living water high G, all unison taropatch style, will include a wound low G string if you want it. It came from Mims Ukuleles, so you...
  18. UkerDanno

FS: Kala KA-ACP-CTG concert...

SOLD, SOLD, SOLD... a like new Kala KA-ACP-CTG, concert size, acacia back and sides, solid cedar top, slothead headstock, includes hard case and pill bottle humidifier. It's strung low G with Living water strings and a wound low G string. Sounds great with low or high G. Will include a set of...
  19. UkerDanno

NBD: Ibanez mikro bass...

I was wanting to experiment with the steel string sound, so a Black Friday deal came up and I ordered an Ibanez mikro bass, 26.4" scale, for a bargain. I had been looking for something with steel strings and actually would really like a Kala solid body, but for the price, I can't beat this...
  20. UkerDanno

WTB: Concert size Mainland or original KPK...

Want to see what is out there...Mainland Red Cedar or Mango or an original KPK, not the ones made by the guy who took over the name. I know where to get new ones, what do you have that is not getting played? :shaka: