Search results

1. K

Good Amazon Deal , New Islander Mango Concert $163.55

I just noticed that The Ukulele Site posted an Islander AC-4 to their website today . If that was a model I wanted , I would pay the $15 higher than Amazon price , plus the shipping , vs. free from Amazon . And order the $40 Full Set-Up .
  2. K

VegasGeorge , I understood the OP's objection as support your local music shop or an independent music shop . Or don't buy a ukulele without set-up . Or all of the above .
  3. K

I'm not really recommending Amazon , I'm recommending Islander . I don't know anywhere on Oahu where you can buy an Islander set-up by the dealer . TUS does not stock them regularly . I contacted a mainland dealer for a uke with set up (not this one) and shipping was $65 . So this Islander...
  4. K

DELETED BY ORIGINAL POSTER
  5. K

Gretsch Longneck Soprano?

Gretsch Standard Soprano
  6. K

Borrow an ‘Ukulele! from Hawaii Public Library

https://www.librarieshawaii.org/2020/09/30/ukulele-lending-program-3/
  7. K

Which mid price would you go for?

A shop that sells both told me Ohana is the better concert and Kala the better tenor . I thought the Ohana concert sounded better . (ck-35 vs ka-smhc) But I liked the neck on the Kala more .
  8. K

Gretsch Longneck Soprano?

Nice n' Jangly !
  9. K

Leolani price

10. K

Leolani price

I thought the point of the OP post was they're both the same , or at least from the same factory . I read Leolani has their own factory . $298 is the list price ; the Leolani sells for $239 at The Ukulele Site .
  11. K

Leolani price

Speaking of the Leolani , the review site Got A Ukulele said : " this is a pretty instrument in looks and sound that I am more than happy to recommend. " https://www.gotaukulele.com/2020/12/leolani-cedar-top-tenor-ukulele-t524g.html
  12. K

Leolani price

There's a street in NYC lined with Indian restaurants one next to another on both sides . The urban legend is that the food for them all comes from one centrally located basement kitchen .
  13. K

Flight WUS-4 Soprano - REVIEW

WUS-3 is similar to which model from Kiwaya / Famous ?
  14. K

Recommended Powered Computer Speakers ?

$250 budget good speech/vocal reproduction You Tube , streaming music , ukulele video lessons , ect...
  15. K

Flight WUS-4 Soprano - REVIEW

Any update on who the builder is?
  16. K

Apps

Ninja Tuner turned out to not be as accurate as it appears . Tried the D'Addario Micro Tuner , but Snark SN-6X is working best for me .
  17. K

Looking for a recommended repair tech/shop for re-string , in Honolulu .

Dan's Guitars and Good Guys Music were recommended . But since I want to try several types of strings it would get pricey quickly . So I did it myself . I consulted a few videos , one which recommended laying the uke on a yoga mat . But I ended up following this one : and added my yoga mat to...