Search results

1. DelGriff

Season 485 - 7 D in a W

Season 485 - 7 D in a W Hi everyone An ever so slightly cryptic title for this week’s theme - you may remember these number/word puzzles were all the rage a while back. The answer to this one is 7 Days in a Week, which may give you an idea of this week’s theme as well as the duration of this...
  2. DelGriff

Season 478 - High & Low & Underground

Welcome to Season 478 of the Ukulele! I am co-hosting this week with my friend and musical collaborator, Lynda - aka BirdsEyeViewOfMyUke. And it’s a theme of two halves. My half is ‘High & Low’ - Lynda will post separately about her half. So - I’m basically after songs that explore the...
  3. DelGriff

Season 462 - Dare To Be Different - like Charley B

Season 462 - Dare To Be Different - like Charley B So, I’m a bit boring. I’ve always been a bit boring. I follow the rules. I conform. I never had a detention at school. I’ve always had a sensible haircut, never had any piercings or tattoos and I’ve always worn sensible shoes. I’ve never had a...
  4. DelGriff

Post your own best Seasons performance of 2020

I started a thread like this at the end of last year and of the year before, and it worked really well. All each of us needs to do here is select and re-post (not re-record!) the one Seasons vid we did this year of which we are the most proud. Should make for another wonderful collection of...
  5. DelGriff

Should a host be allowed to end a season on Saturday instead of Sunday?

There have been several discussions on this in the 2 years I joined the Seasons. As a host I find the second overlapping Sunday rather demoralising as everyone understandably turns their attention and their enthusiasm to the new theme. There’s often only a small trickle of entries and it’s time...
  6. DelGriff

Season 434 - 'Groundhog Year'

SEASON 434 - GROUNDHOG YEAR Good morning, afternoon and evening everybody! So… last July Lynda (bird’s eye view of my ukulele) and I co-hosted Season 388 together, and had a blast doing it. And now we’ve decided to have another go in the hope that you all might enjoy it too this time! ;-) Now...
  7. DelGriff

Season 424 - ‘On The Spectrum’

Season 424 - On The Spectrum All details in the vid - hopefully! :) And this might help: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_spectrum Have fun! :) Playlist
  8. DelGriff

Post your own best Seasons performance of 2019

i started a thread like this at the end of last year and it worked really well. All each of us needs to do here is select and re-post (not re-record!) the one Seasons vid we did this year of which we are the most proud. Should make for another wonderful collection of top-notch performances...
  9. DelGriff

An original

Hi all - I don't often post in this sub-forum, but here's an original I'm particularly proud of. I wrote it as a simple uke song for a Seasons entry last year. It fitted another Seasons theme a month or two back, so I decided to rework it with keyboards and rhythm and I asked Kevin (Mezcalero)...
  10. DelGriff

Season 388 - "Upstairs at Derek's - and Lynda's"

Season 388: Upstairs at Derek’s – and Lynda’s Good morning, afternoon and evening everybody! There’ve been a couple of very successful co-hosted seasons of late, so here’s another. We are bird’s eye view of my ukulele (aka Lynda, BEV and a few other things we won’t admit to on a public forum!)...
  11. DelGriff

Doddington Ukulele Festival (UK)

Not sure if I'll finish work in time to make it, but is anyone going to this: https://www.playinginfaversham.com/2019/03/saturday-22nd-june-2019-doddington.html
  12. DelGriff

Season 377 - “Say Sorry!”

Watch the video above for details! :) Please watch and comment on as many songs as you can. I’ll be doing so on all of them - I’ll add a playlist to the end of this post as soon as they start rolling in. And please enjoy yourselves! :) Don’t forget Kevin’s fab collab season is still running...
  13. DelGriff

Season 359 - "Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick"

Let me firstly say to anyone who started watching the intro vid and was instantly put off by me singing, I stop very quickly so you might want to go back and try again! :p "Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick" was a 1979 UK no.1 for Ian Dury and the Blockheads, and provides a great tagline for my...
  14. DelGriff

Post your own best performance of 2018

As a relative newbie here (not sure for how much longer I can keep saying that!) I don’t know if this has been done before, but I thought it might be interesting for us all to select and re-post (not re-record!) the one Seasons vid we each did this year of which we are the most proud. Could make...
  15. DelGriff

Low G string for tenor uke

Hi all Until recently I only played concert ukes which I fitted with low G red Aquila strings, which served me well. I recently bought a lovely Kala tenor uke - changed the G string to a low G red tenor Aquila but it snapped within a week. I fitted another - same thing happened after a couple...
  16. DelGriff

Season 339 - "Let There Be Light"

Hello everyone, and welcome to my first season as host – I’m expecting great things! I wanted to choose a theme that has some kind of connection to me and my life – I’m a dispensing optician by trade and as the word optician is derived from the word optics, which is the study of light, it seems...
  17. DelGriff

Greetings from Kent in the UK

Hi everyone - never tried a stringed instrument until I got my first uke (a Donner Concert DUC-2) about 6 months ago. I learned piano and clarinet as a kid (a long time ago - I’m 51 now), but it was never this much fun. I’ve found all the help I need online - YouTube and song chord websites and...