Search results

1. Ukecaster

Old Martin M600 strings

Got this unopened set of Martin uke strings in the case of an old uke, labeled "M600 Ukulele Modified Trued Nylon". These obviously pre-date the current flouro Martin M600 strings. Anyone know when these were offered for sale? Being nylon , the gauges are fatter than the current Martin...
  2. Ukecaster

The Lili'u Project

Saw this vid today, nice music, soothing, with some HI music history
  3. Ukecaster

Ukulele Uff

Saw this one today, where he tries out a guy's home made uke. Sounds like he's been playing it forever!
  4. Ukecaster

You know you're getting old when....

You stop getting life insurance emails, but instead get ads titled: "Your Burial Insurance". They can kiss my ass (if they can get inside the coffin, and past all the Ukes I'll be buried with). 😀
  5. Ukecaster

Pono PT

Saw a Pono PT mahogany tenor online recently, looked good. Never heard of that model before, must be an older model, I assume. Anyone know about these, and how they compare to more recent models like the Pono MT?
  6. Ukecaster

Pickup noise

What style pickups have the least extra noise from fingers/hands brushing the top...UST, soundboard mounted transducers or combo pickup/mic versions? Or are they all about the same?
  7. Ukecaster

The Ukulele Craze of the 20s

Saw this video recently. Wanna time travel back to the 20s 😀
  8. Ukecaster

UkeSA Harmony Wow soprano

Well, I've had this Hawaiian made soprano for a couple of weeks, and haven't bonded with it. I'm just too used to the sound and feel of mahogany Martin or Martin style sopranos, so this one is in search of a new home. Made by Alvin Okami (Pops Koaloha) in HI. All solid, with Engelmann spruce...
  9. Ukecaster

Strange ukes

Saw these in my online travels. At least to me, they are strange looking. YMMV. Pretty sure the same guy Dave made both. First one is called Curvalicious. Rather pointy IMO. Second one is TX shaped baritone, maybe the Lone Star bari? .
  10. Ukecaster

Wish I was 12....

...and could play like this! 😀 The first judge (David Foster, I think?), called the uke "basically a toy". No respect, I tell ya...
  11. Ukecaster

Is this a longneck?

They don't say, but say it has 14 frets to the body, which doesn't necessarily make it a longneck soprano. But, it looks like one to me. I always chuckle at the translation errors in their descriptions, like: "there is no scar like a wound"...
  12. Ukecaster

NUD: UkeSA Harmony Wow soprano

I was fortunate recently to find one of these for sale. Have only had it for a day or so, so haven't been able to spend much time with it yet. But the solid Engelmann spruce/pine sound is much different than my usual mahogany sopranos, as you'd expect. This one came with short Peghed...
  13. Ukecaster

Used ukes at Tantan

Saw some nice used ukes on the Tantan site, in Japan. They often have unusual items, seldom seen in US. https://www.tantanukulele.com/%E5%95%86%E5%93%81%E6%A4%9C%E7%B4%A2%E3%82%AB%E3%83%86%E3%82%B4%E3%83%AA/used-vintage/
  14. Ukecaster

Got Worth?

Looking for an unopened set of Worth Clear (Worth CM), High G soprano/concert strings (46" length, enough for 2 soprano sets) I have 2 sets of unopened D'Addario strings to trade even, in CONUS: (1) set of Clear Nylon EJ65S (1) set of Nyltech EJ88S
  15. Ukecaster

Ukulele history in Japan

I was looking at Kiwaya's website, and saw some text about "the ukulele's bitter history in Japan". I had no idea what that meant (still don't); maybe it was just a translation error. Maybe it relates to Western music being banned in Japan during WWII, when there were many uke bands there...
  16. Ukecaster

Famous uke fretboards

I have a nice older Famous FS-1 soprano. Got it 4 years ago used, stupidly sold it, then luckily got it back about 2 years ago. I love it. I always thought the fingerboard was rosewood, but lately, I'm getting some wear, showing the lighter wood below. So, I assume it is a stained lighter...
  17. Ukecaster

Purple Pineapple Sundae

Saw this one on Reverb. Rather unique, if that's your thing. KoAloha Purple Pineapple Sundae Concert Ukulele 2020 with hard shell case...
  18. Ukecaster

Solid ot not?

Saw this different Elite on eBay. Obviously, a lot of work went into making this one. Not sure how this was assembled, but would this be considered a solid uke...
  19. Ukecaster

Carole King medley

I tried to string these 2 songs together. Both written by Carole King and Jerry Goffin in the early 60s. "Will You Love Me Tomorrow" and "Up On the Roof". They made for a fun strum on my soprano uke.
  20. Ukecaster

Kanaka uke

Thought it must be a typo, but nope ...it's a Kanaka. Anyone know of these? https://www.ebay.com/itm/354091773834?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=GF8kYLYzQ5i&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=5tx2BwogTi6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY