Search results

1. greenie44

Hi chris24global - I would like to buy your Kala baritone. I recently entered the world of...

Hi chris24global - I would like to buy your Kala baritone. I recently entered the world of baritones with a higher end luthier bari, but I want one to practice on more regularly without worrying about it, so this fits the bill perfectly. Please let me know if it is still available. If it is...
  2. greenie44

Looking for a good ukulele store in London UK

Hi all - A friend of mine is just starting out on uke and lives in London. I was thinking about pointing him towards an in-person store for his first uke, and immediately thought of Duke of Uke, but it looks like it is currently closed. Can anyone recommend another good place in the London...
  3. greenie44

Godin MultiUke, OFF THE MARKET

I have this exact uke, and I love it. Plays great, and the separate pickup for each string gives a really clear sound. Don't need two though Mike <g>.
  4. greenie44

Season 540- PUNKS NOT DEAD

Here's the classic number from a band I really liked, the Undertones. I'm thinking it's punk for sure. Not sure which story I like better about this band and this song. The first is that it was reportedly John Peel's favorite song of all time. There's a case to be made, as they say. The...
  5. greenie44

Season 540- PUNKS NOT DEAD

Great - Television! I might be doing a number this week, but not Television, who were one of my fave bands from the era. (And still love Verlaine's solo stuff)
  6. greenie44

SOTU 537 – “Hell Hath No Fury Like a Woman Scorned.”

I haven't been around Seasons much lately, but having just met Ila on Saturday, and seeing she is such a lovely person, I thought I would give it a go this week, even though angry women songs are not really my sweet spot. But I stumbled across this one, which turns out to be an interesting...
  7. greenie44

Your favorite ukulele playing youtubers?

Wow - I went through the whole list and no mention of Benny Chong - the greatest jazz ukulele player I ever heard. He doesn't have a YouTube channel, but you can search for some clips of him, like this one. But don't bother trying to play like him - I don't know if anyone can!
  8. greenie44

SOLD: Kanile'a KSR ST Super Tenor Deluxe

Good luck on your sale. BTW, I used to have one of these, and never took to it - until I changed the strings to linear from re-entrant. The uke positively came alive!
  9. greenie44

Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

Couldn't make it yesterday - family affairs - but would love to join next time!
  10. greenie44

Collings UT2K for sale

Here is one more picture and is the sound sample video.
  11. greenie44

Collings UT2K for sale

This was the first magical ukulele I ever bought. Getting this Collings UT2K was an enormous step up for me, and it added a whole new level to my playing and sound. But I have a few other ukes which I play a lot more, and this wonderful instrument should find a new home. Not a lot to say about...
  12. greenie44

Hi Ron - Thanks for the note. Curiously I am not in the market any more, but because I bought...

Hi Ron - Thanks for the note. Curiously I am not in the market any more, but because I bought a custom baritone that Kimo used to own. It's a beaut. - Rick G.
  13. greenie44

Hi Ron - I would be interested in hearing about your tenors for sale. I love LdfMs - have two...

Hi Ron - I would be interested in hearing about your tenors for sale. I love LdfMs - have two myself, including the only 6 string Luis ever made. Also would like to hear about the others. Thanks in advance. - Rick G.
  14. greenie44

Season 520: 10th Anniversary Dance Party Extravaganza!

Dance . . . dance . . . . DANCE! Short and kinetic for you all!
  15. greenie44

Season 518 - Eire

The exhalted Season Master (this week) approved this song as being suitably Irish. I present you The Blood, done originally by the popular Irish band The Frames.
  16. greenie44

SOTU 516 "TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT ..."

Well, one thing I would like is for women who attend my ukulele performances to stop going crazy and throwing things at me on the stage - a plea offered up in this original song by my pal the Mr. Juback Show. Lyrics included here - Control yourselves ladies, we're no Tom Jones Hold on to your...
  17. greenie44

Season 506-Now, THAT'S scary...

When I first read the theme, I thought, oh, that's easy - being alone. But I reconsidered, since sometimes being alone is actually preferable. And even loneliness is not that scary. But what is really scary is when you are lucky enough to not be alone, and that person leaves. It's a gaping...
  18. greenie44

Season 505 - S-P-E-L-L-I-T-O-U-T

Just made it under the wire, and this is kind of a weird one. When I first heard this tune, on a Big Star live album, I loved it, but I didn’t really know what it was about, since the lyrics were pretty much shouted. I tracked them down and they were, well, not very politically correct, to say...
  19. greenie44

500! The Songs of Ukulele Underground

I saw her last week here in AZ and the same. Even heard an incredible Staples song from 1965 that I am dying to learn.