Search results

1. iDavid

What little guitar is this?

Saw this guy on idols and really enjoyed his song. What guitar is this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKeug67-Qmg thanks!
  2. iDavid

Sound-ports on concerts?

I have a sound port on my Kinnard Tenor and love how it brings the sound to me as I play. I assume the same would be true of a concert, but want to make sure I am not missing something. thoughts on sound-ports on concerts?
  3. iDavid

How low is low?

How low can action be set at the first fret and still be good to go? Can I carbon fiber/ ekoa instrument be set lower than wood, due to it not changing with weather conditions?
  4. iDavid

Favorite Baritone?

Looking into getting a really nice baritone. suggestions?
  5. iDavid

Zero Fret: Pros and Cons?

What do you all think about a fret on a uke? I heard it makes it easier to fret at the first position.
  6. iDavid

Another Kinnard Build :)

and the Glam-shots!
  7. iDavid

and here she is being set-up... Love getting these pictures!
  8. iDavid

Thanks for all the complements. Mr. Kinnard is truly talented. Even the neck looks stunning.
  9. iDavid

Just keeps getting better and better :cool:
  10. iDavid

Coming Along Latest pictures! Just keeps getting better and better :cool:
  11. iDavid

Body-work Just got this update from Kevin!
  12. iDavid

Latest pictures... I love getting the updates, such a nice extra!
  13. iDavid

I hope so ;) more pics
  14. iDavid

My Kinnard build is up a running! It has been a pleasure to work with Kevin. I have sent endless emails and learned much about wood combos, just a great experience thus far. Tenor: 13 fret Top Material: Red Cedar Back and Sides: Honduran Rosewood Binding: Curly Koa Rosette: 3 rings Bridge...
  15. iDavid

Sound side port?

What do you guys think of them? Benefits? Drawbacks?
  16. iDavid

What is your favorite wood combination for a tenor?

I know the build has more to do the sound than the wood, but I am curious which wood combination people like the best. Which guitar as such, I am an all Mahogany guy. When it come to ukes, I am not really so sure.
  17. iDavid

Did someone say, "Baby Brother"? over at Kinnard

Just saw this and thought I would share the info, but I really have no info.... However, the picture is fantastic. http://kinnardukes.com/Pictures.html
  18. iDavid

Thoughts on current Martin Ukes

I got to play a Martin 2 Tenor. The store was pretty busy, so I couldn't hear it all that well, but it seemed pretty nice. I really loved the neck, very easy to play. Any thoughts on the different models. Are they worth the money?
  19. iDavid

Ubass set-up?

I've played a few ubasses over the last couple of days and really like them. I was wondering if they need to be set-up or if they come from the factory set-up fairly well. I am looking for an all mahogany fretless which I can't find in stock, so it seems I may need to order one.
  20. iDavid

Uke Size and tension?

I was noticing that my soprano is WAY easier to play barre chords on compared to my concert, and the concert is easier than my tenors. Is the tension just less on the smaller instruments? Is it the shorter scale length that makes it easier? OR, is it the width of the fretboard. Both the soprano...