Search results

1. GKK

Aquila Low G's are Great!

I've wanted to string up one of my tenors with the Low G but, I've decided to wait until I could purchase another quality Tenor. Yesterday I looked at my Kala Longneck Soprano on the wall and decided to install the low G on it. I went to a local Uke store and they had the Aquila low G string...
  2. GKK

Jake's Sacramento Concert was AWESOME!!!...

Just got back from seeing Jake tonight and he was GREAT!... It was a sold out concert and Jake even acknowledged Dominator and his Wife's 30th Wedding Anniversary! Happy Anniversary Dom!... As I was driving around looking for parking, I saw Jake's Tour Bus which looked very Cool! I wanted to...
  3. GKK

Above and Beyond Customer Service from Andrew at Hawaii Music Supply!!!...

A few weeks ago, I bought a Soprano Islander uke as a birthday present for my sister in law from Hawaii Music Supply (The Ukulele Site). When the uke arrived, it looked and played great but, when I went to put it back in the free hard foam case, I noticed the zipper was missing a tooth and...
  4. GKK

My 1st Major ukulele Goal realized!...

One of my first goals since beginning the ukulele was to someday be able to play (pick) the chords to Jake Shimabukuro's song, "Hula Girl". Hula Girl, is my favorite uke song of all time and I always dreamed of being able to play it one day. While practicing everyday for the past 1 1/2 years...
  5. GKK

How many are satisfied with the Uke you have now?...

I have a Pono Mahogany Tenor MHTSH Uke I use as a daily player and it is Beautiful!!!... I can Honestly say that, it is everything I like in a Ukulele! The sound, gloss finish, wood grain, ebony binding, ebony slotted headstock, abalone rosette, bound fingerboard and smooth frets. This Ukulele...
  6. GKK

My BruceWeiart Tenor soild Acacia wood sound sample.

Here's a one take sound sample I promised I'd make from this previous thread http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?65524-My-new-Bruce-Weiart-Uke-is-here!. I recorded it using my iPhone 4 since that was the simplest way for me. After filing down the Nut slots and lowering the...
  7. GKK

My new Bruce Weiart Uke is here!...

The mailman just delivered my new Solid Acacia Tenor ukulele from Bruce Weiart on ebay!.. One word, AWESOME!... This Uke is Beautiful and the construction is of very good quality! Sound is very bright (with the Aquila strings), volume and sustain average. Action at the nut is 1.5mm and 3mm at...
  8. GKK

Impulse buy!...

I just won this Solid Acacia Tenor Uke from Vietnamese luthier Bruceweiart...
  9. GKK

2012 Northern California Uke Festival!

I'm taking vacation the first week of April so, I was just surfing the internet for somewhere to go and I found this!...http://www.ukulelefestivalnorcal.org/ http://www.ukulelefestivalnorcal.org/2012Flyer.pdf This is an Awesome ukulele festival with very talented local Performers, several...
  10. GKK

Risa Bean Electric Uke.

Has anyone played or bought one of these Solid body Electric Ukes? I saw one of these Risa Bean electric ukulele's at a local Hawaiian day event from a vendor and I can't stop thinking about it. It looked so, cool! It was made just like an electric guitar and was very heavy. The fit and finish...
  11. GKK

Fretted or Fretless UBass differences?

Whats the advantage or disadvantage between a fretted or fretless UBass? Thanks...
  12. GKK

Jake Shimabukuro's Sacramento concert last night.

I just saw Jake Shimabukuro in concert last night here in Sacramento and he was Awesome! His music sounded so, clear, clean and powerful! My wife and I had a wonderful time and she even teared up when he played "Go for Broke". After the concert, he met with everyone and signed Ukulele's...
  13. GKK

Just listed my Kala KA-ST Tenor Uke on Ebay.

For anyone who's interested... I bought another Tenor and don't use this one anymore. Comes complete with a Hard Shell case a JJB Electronics Piezo transducer pick up with end pin jack...
  14. GKK

Where were all the Ukulele players last week in Oahu?!...

When in Waikiki last week, I was all excited to see and hear all the Ukulele performers and singers standing around and just casually strumming in Waikiki but, during our Entire 6 days there, we didn't see one Ukulele player at all anywhere!... The day we landed, Sept 17 they had a Street...
  15. GKK

Back from Oahu and the Koaloha factory tour.

My wife and I just returned from our anniversary vacation in Oahu and we had a Great time! We took the #42 Bus from Waikiki which dropped us off about 250 yards from the Koaloha factory since we didn't rent a car and even though we walked the wrong direction, Mrs. Okami guided us back to their...
  16. GKK

My new to me Pono MHTSH!...

UPS just dropped off my Pono Slothead I bought from UU member bdukes! This Pono sounds so, Sweet with the Fremont Blacklines bdukes installed. I really like this Pono and have to get away from it so, I can finish packing for our flight to Oahu tomorrow morning! Thanks, again bdukes!... Aloha
  17. GKK

Who's going to the Wine Country Ukefest this weekend in Napa California!

My wife just texted me and said there's a Ukulele festival in Napa this weekend. I totally forgot about it and it's a great preview event since we're also, going to Oahu the following week!... Just wondering what UU members are going to be there this year?
  18. GKK

Looking for a Pono Tenor Slotted Head Stock.

I'm looking for either the Pono Tenor Cedar top with Rosewood back and sides or the Solid Mahogany both with the Slotted Head Stock. Thanks
  19. GKK

Can't find any K-Brand Ukes!...

I've been trying to buy a K-Brand Ukulele for awhile and noticed nothing is to be found! Hawaii Music Supply is out of Kamaka's, Kanile'as, KoAloha's, Ko'olau's and even Pono's and Islanders! The only Solid wood uke's I've found where Kala's and Cordoba's. Mike at hawaii music supply said, the...
  20. GKK

What's your string height on the 12th fret?

Measured from the top of the 12th fret to the bottom of the string, how many mm's do you get? I have two Ukulele's that were properly "set up" and I get two different measurments. On my Kala Soprano it's 1.8mm and on my Kala Tenor it's 2mm. Both, sound great. Reading here...