Search results

1. F

SOTU 563 "What's in a name?"

hehe..I have a feeling these BBC boys that you and Val are talking of didn't have a Collins Concise Dictionary in their back pocket as I'm currently wielding in a vain attempt at wordiness :)
  2. F

No whalebone is safe when the Scrimshawers of the Ukulele start a carvin'! A Thunderhead T from TCK A GriGri G from Gugu & Gorilla An Ignis Fatuus of I's from Ila A Bremsstrahlung B from BEVOMU A Widdershins W from Wee Ginga Yin An Unassailable U from Ukefoote A Juvenescent J from Justaguest.
  3. F

haha...it was the fried cabbage I had with my corned beef last night.
  4. F

And so the Lettermen and Letterwomen apply their craft. a Flatulent F from Flatbaroque a Pulchritudinous P from Pabrizzer a Welkin W from Wee Ginga Yin an Upstanding U from Ukecan1 a Lodestone L from LimousinLil a Xenoglossian X from Xommen
  5. F

I also gave you X men W as a choice for that reason:)
  6. F

An "F" song. Tenor uke tuned down 3 steps. I went to find chords and thought " ???"..realised I'd found wrong "Fox on the Run". Sweet's song not Manfred Mann. Both good songs but completely different. Is it Thanksgiving? Enjoy if so.
  7. F

Posting early cause I have a busy morning. What’s in a name? This week your forum name will dictate what songs you can do. There will be a few options. OPTION 1 The first letter of your forum name must be the first letter of the title of any song you choose to do. My forum name is...
  8. F

just wondering...seasonal anticipation syndrone

Did you assume a Nom de Plume?……..
  9. F

Season 562 - Poetry in Song

Here's a Robert Frost poem about the Dog Star set to music with a video of a star dog - Ruby the Greyhound. She's having a brief respite from eating my shoes and remote controls to take some exercise with her good friend Curious George the Monkey,
  10. F

Cheers Joo. You mentioned a couple of my favourites. Raymond Carver and Wallace Stevens. I set the first 4 stanzas of Steven's " The Man with the Blue Guitar" to music. It's an epic with 33 stanzas..but the even the first 4 work as a song. On my Kala tenor 8 string capoed on fret 3 for a...
  11. F

This is a really well thought out and creative theme..good on ya Joo!
  12. F

SOTU 561 "MORAL TURPITUDE"

"If you give this man a ride sweet family will die" Doors song on plugged in Guitalele. Val best wishes to your poor husband.
  13. F

SOTU 561 "MORAL TURPITUDE"

Good on ya Val. Who doesn't love a clown??..................me for one.
  14. F

Steve I’ll do 563. Cheers John.
  15. F

Season 560 - Home Again

Thanks Ylle. I found this traditional song today with Johnny Cash and Nick Cave doing a duet of it. On guitarlele, motu sopranino (prize from Ylle) and banging foot on a tambourine.
  16. F

Season 559 - Everybody Plays the Fool

Thanks Jim. Here's a Dylan from Nashville Skyline.
  17. F

Season 558 - Uke from the start

Cheers Mikkel! I wrote this during the recent "E" week..but didn't get around to doing it. So will now. Original song' Lyrics on tube.
  18. F

Week 557 - For Four: 444 Revisited

Chris may have run into a problem in the recording process.. when a problem comes along..you must whip it!
  19. F

Here's another Beck cover on Baritone. Vid is some classic thriller movie stills. Some famous , some obscure. See how many you can pick. Makes a change from my noggin anyway.
  20. F

Cheers Joko. Here's a Beck song. On baritone with CFAC tuning. Some garageband guitar added too.