Search results

1. richntacoma

What do you play when 1st asked

Depending on the person, "The Way You Look Tonight, The Ramon's "Sheen is a Punk Rocker", Lana Del Rey's "Gods and Monsters" or Neil Yong's "Out of the Blue" (Hey Hey My oh My" s
  2. richntacoma

SOLD!: Kiwaya KS-1

And random sellers from Amazon set up their ukes well, right? At Elder, this uke is $285, with tax that is into the 300s. General rule of thumb, unless you find something unethical or strange, perhaps such a comment is unneeded? Ed is also an awesome dude, and far more reliable than random...
  3. richntacoma

Has anyone bought a cheap uke overseas just to practice?

I am in Colombia right now, and am traveling with two ukes (1920 Weymann and an Outdoor uke). If anything happened to either, I would get another--I don't ever want to have a day without the joy of playing uke. Life is short--do it.
  4. richntacoma

Kamaka White Label - how old is it

I am no expert on the year, but that one looks like it is in great shape.
  5. richntacoma

Playability . Easy Playing , Easy Strumming Ukuleles ?

By far, my easiest playing uke is my Dave Talsma soprano.
  6. richntacoma

NUUD - Black Bear Soprano Koa Pineapple

Oh man, what a find. I can't wait to play this on a Sunday during uke group when I am back!!! Wow..
  7. richntacoma

Are Rosewood Tops a thing?

I recently purchased an all Rosewood (Top included) Nakanishi PM-10 Rosewood Soprano. I got to play it a few days before my trip, and I thought it was nice. The action is a wee bit high for my best, so I did not play it a ton, but I thought the tone was pretty nice and it was certainly not a...
  8. richntacoma

Mun Ebony and Ancient Sitka Tenor

That is amazing and all, but please don't let it distract you from a certain Blackwood soprano 🦄
  9. richntacoma

1950s Kamaka Soprano Sold

Well, my bump did not work! I bought it. Time for it to go to Jake Wildwood for some love and then home to Tacoma, lol.
  10. richntacoma

1950s Kamaka Soprano Sold

Bump for this sweet little uke in need of a home.
  11. richntacoma

Where to buy a ukulele in Atlanta GA?

This. So this.
  12. richntacoma

How to not get ripped-off in a ukulele buying transaction

I was actually thinking more existentially.
  13. richntacoma

Nothing is more valuable than time.
  14. richntacoma

"It's really that simple" is really that condescending. Every heard of difference of opinion?
  15. richntacoma

It also helps to be able to This, this is why I do not accept PayPal. Given that I have to use paypal to some degree for my coaching practice, accepting Paypal would in effect take 20-25 percent off the sale price. There are many other ways to verify someone. Reputation here, having their work...
  16. richntacoma

Why Mango?

Nothing is prettier than Ann Margret. Except Mila Kunis.
  17. richntacoma

Too many questions

Nobody is having a go at him-- I think everyone agrees he is an amazing Luthier, a great contributor to the forum, and by all accounts a super guy. People have given some feedback about his business practices, which he can take or ignore--such is the nature of an internet forum. You post, you...
  18. richntacoma

Too many questions

1) Ken is a grown ass adult--he can do whatever he wishes. 2) If Ken wants to use Ebay...see above 3) If Ken chooses to not respond to people, they will feel discounted and naturally so (and that has nothing to do with demandingness, it is a basic thing when one chooses such a platform...
  19. richntacoma

SOLD...David Hanson Cripple Creek Red Cedar/Koa Soprano F/S

Well one can always get another one https://cripplecreekmandolins.com/ Just not at that price (Although David's ukes are very, very well priced)
  20. richntacoma

SOLD...David Hanson Cripple Creek Red Cedar/Koa Soprano F/S

This baby is sold pending payment. Off the hook Jim, and now I can pay for (mostly) my two new (old) Japanese ukes, lol.