Search results

1. J

Misi vs LR baggs 5.0

Does this setup still have the misi sound hole mic?
  2. J

FS: Romero Creations TT6: Price Drop

Price drop to $500 plus shipping in the ConUS. This needs a new home!
  3. J

NUD: The Rebel Double Creme Mango soprano (Gloss finish)

That's a gorgeous uke. Flame and curling in the wood is amazing.
  4. J

FS: Romero Creations TT6: Price Drop

This is a solid mahagony with spruce top Tiny Tenor 6 string guilele. 17" tenor scale length with 20" radiused fretboard to make those barre chords easier. It has an ~ 2" nut width, 3" body for a rich full sound with long sustain. Tuned A-A Comes with Romero Creations case, extra set of...
  5. J

** NO LONGER LOOKING ** Want to buy a Rebel soprano

I have a Rebel mango double creme in concert if you're interested.
  6. J

Why Mango?

It's so interesting listening to Pepe's explanations of the different woods he works with and his instrument ideas. A real down to earth guy with his many accomplishments.
  7. J

Why Mango?

Wow! That's a beauty.
  8. J

Review: Pono UL Terz Guitar (or Steel String Guitalele)

Yes...I would like to know why also. I enjoy my B6 immensely.
  9. J

Has an amp changed your uke playing?

Great info...thanks. I get quite nervous myself when recording. My fretting fingers get tense, and I can't move them as quickly as I would normally. May have to look into this more.
  10. J

Has an amp changed your uke playing?

Nice playing! What pickup do you have installed? I can see where it would improve one's playing with looping/backtracks, etc.
  11. J

A Visit to the Dark Side...and Now a Frequent Visitor!

Larry, I kinda look at it as the 'bright side'. I picked up a small guitar a few months back and am having a great time playing it. As a bonus it has really helped my uke playing as far as speeding up chord changes. I'm going through some of the Justin Guitar courses online which are pretty good.
  12. J

Half step down

I tuned a concert down a half step. I was using the Worth brown extra tension strings, and the tension felt very good for me.
  13. J

Over 3,000 Songs

Impressive! Thanks
  14. J

Demo- Pono Baby Baritone

Is the string tension a bit higher with the CF-35/WC set, or higher with the Romero's? Thanks for your demonstrations...very informative. How do you think each would work on a concert?
  15. J

The Guitalele, Mini, Kiku, Ukitar, Guilele, "Six course small bodied instruments" thread

I was a bit skeptical about the UG2's on the B6 tuned E-E, but am pleasantly surprised with them now. As they stretch and are retuned they tend to increase in tension a bit more. They work quite well with the baritone sized guilele's.
  16. J

Review: Pono UL Terz Guitar (or Steel String Guitalele)

I purchased a Luna baritone case that my B6 fits into. Kala also makes they're baritone model ABB case that I understand works as well but not easy to locate.
  17. J

I don't think this is cool at all

Can we please put this to rest.
  18. J

Demo- Pono Baby Baritone

I put a set of Pepe's strings on a Kala elite tenor and they sound great.
  19. J

NGD Ibanez tenor guitar

Thanks for that bit of info. Will have to check into that one.