Search results

1. G

S S Stewart Taropatch

finding out this new information and the fact that this taropatch could be a rarity (could be) does it seem ok that someone such as myself with little working knowledge on ukuleles, start on a learning curve. 🤷‍♂️
  2. G

S S Stewart Taropatch

i’m not sure if i’ll string it up or sell it as it is. just where the best place to sell this one i’m not too sure
  3. G

S S Stewart Taropatch

i have been “saved” from a life of endless wandering through countless blogs on line and tired, strained eyes searching shelf after shelf for literature which had anything to do with ukuleles! especially taropatch ukuleles. i am truly grateful to Mr Tom Walsh (The Ukulele Hall of Fame Museum)...
  4. G

uke purgatory

thx
  5. G

uke purgatory

well no one from martin said anything. only a couple members said it wasn’t made by martin. a picture is worth a thousand plus words. show me one like it. other brands have more of the same. thanks for your help
  6. G

uke purgatory

ok i know you’re all tired of my posts looking for info. so i dig a bit and then work on guitar projects then dig for info again. at least this way i won’t get as frustrated. SO…now i find mandolins that look like taropatch ukuleles. what! oh no. then there’s a mandolinetto! wish me luck.
  7. G

uke purgatory

i called jake. he doesn’t think it’s a martin. that’s ok. i’ll try martin again. perhaps just seeing another one like this one will give me a better perspective on value. i’m not averse to doing work on old guitars etc bc i can at least put a value to the name and understand that i am increasing...
  8. G

uke purgatory

i emailed martin but i got no reply. so the search continues.
  9. G

uke purgatory

been trying to find out who built my SS STEWART TAROPATCH. i’ve been stumped. can’t find one similar. who could have made it? questions unanswered. thought maybe the Dali Lama could enlighten me (bit of humour) i just want to see one similar to give me some direction
  10. G

uke purgatory

i just had a thought (didn’t even hurt). i wonder if the Dali Lama could help me out? if anyone knows…he would. if not maybe some meditation and enlightenment
  11. G

uke purgatory

hi friends. well i’m still stuck in “no mans land of irrelevant information” can anyone show me a picture of a S S STEWART taropatch ukulele which looks similar to mine. i really need a beginning. or show me another vintage taropatch which looks similar. i haven’t found one with a extended...
  12. G

SS Stewart taropatch

i have contacted martin. no response so far. most likely, you are right and i’ll never know who put in the time to make this little gem. i’ve thought about starting work on it but my fellow luthier friend told me not to at this time. at any rate i have a parlor guitar to finish and some inlay on...
  13. G

SS Stewart taropatch

talked to jake on the phone. no definite. just could be. i haven’t seen one like this anywhere. martin is the only one that comes close. when martin started building these for rebranding it doesn’t state that their logo was stamped on it. that’s going back to 1916 ish. and they never made many...
  14. G

SS Stewart taropatch

well as time rolls along i still haven't figured out who made my ss stewart Taropatch. lots of "who didn't" make it but i just can't imagine the work that went into making this instrument with 4 layer binding all around (black, white, black, cream) and only the label of SS Stewart inside. no...
  15. G

What’s the story behind this Kaai Ukulele?

congratulations on finding out all the information which will help you move forward. wish i was as fortunate with my SS Stewart taropatch. talked and emailed and quizzed the forum (good feedback) but no conclusive information. the little guy just lays in it’s case wanting me to make up my mind.
  16. G

Stumped

Thanks for your reply. I did have an email from Jake a while back. Sort of still at a point of no definitive answer. Could be, might be etc. Surely there is one out in the world that looks the same. Although another thought would be the owner of that one knows no more about his than I do of...
  17. G

Who owns a taropatch (8 string concert)

The Stewart taropatch also has a tapered headstock
  18. G

Who owns a taropatch (8 string concert)

I have a SS STEWART TAROPATCH. I’m sure you must have seen my posts looking for info. It would be nice to see a similar taropatch. Who made it, what year etc. I’ve got ranges of 1916 - 1940. Been told Martin definitely didn’t make it, although Martin made taropatch ukuleles for rebranding around...
  19. G

Taropatch Brands

Oh keepers of the secrets. I’m still searching for information of the possible maker of my SS STEWART taropatch. I would be grateful.
  20. G

Tenor tuning on a baritone...

Would guitar tuning be out of the question? I found the tone pleasing enough and I’ve done it both ways, (1-4 and 3-6). Easy transition from guitar but maybe not hard core ukulele masters style. You can chastise me for not being a purist that’s ok. In my ear, a d chord is still a d chord no...