Search results

1. wconley

Pono Baritone, Koaloha Concert and Bradford Donaldson Soprano

This is a heads up for three ukuleles I'm selling. After wandering around the different sizes I have gravitated to the tenor as my preferred model and after procrastinating as long as possible, I've finally decided my closet could use more room. Since the most action these ukuleles see is when...
  2. wconley

Moe Dixon and Mya-Moe #1

I had the pleasure of running into Moe Dixon who was about to play for an educational fund raiser at the Hood River Waterfront Park yesterday. I haven't heard Moe in person for many years so I was quite excited and pleased my wife could hear him live for the first time. While we were talking...
  3. wconley

Mele Ukulele @ Wailea shops

We were at the Shops at Wailea last night and visited the Mele shop which has been open a little over a year. The store had a good selection of ukuleles from Mele and others. They also sponsor "Ukulele Mixed Plate" entertainment on first, second and fourth Wednesday night's from 6:00-8:00. Last...
  4. wconley

Drums of the Islands/Waterfall Tabs

Does anyone have tabs for Drums of the Islands/Waterfall, performed by The Makaha Sons? I've exhausted all my usual searches and have come up empty. Thanks in advance.
  5. wconley

Bridge Question

I recently restrung my Koaloha tenor and when I pulled the last string off, the bridge insert fell off. Well I didn't expect that and didn't take note if the angle should face the bottom of the uke (as shown) or if it should be reversed and face the nut. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  6. wconley

808 Uke Jams on Maui

We attended another great evening with the 808 Uke Jams class in Kihei last night. Always a highlight of our trips to Maui. I hate to tell you all about them - the church was almost full of people from around the world! One thing I love about these classes is that Kumu Kealoha mixes in...
  7. wconley

Mele now open in Shops at Wailea

We had the opportunity to visit Mele's new store in Wailea (next to Tommy Bahama). They have a very nice selection of ukulele's from Mele, Hula (their intro line), Kala and others. 4-string, 6-string, 8-string, low G, high G, jumbo tenors, guitelele, etc. A really nice selection totally...
  8. wconley

Mele Solid Koa Tenor

First time selling on UU. SOLD (locally)-- Thank you everyone for your interest Ryan, the young man that bought it was very happy. He has been playing for a couple years but more seriously this year. This is a good step up for him and gives him a second ukulele so his wife can join him rather...
  9. wconley

Using UU+ IPad Ap Off-line

Whenever I have tried to use my IPad ap for UU+ off-line I get an "updating data..." Message and I can't start any lessons. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution? Here's a screen capture. Thanks in advance.
  10. wconley

Playing for an orphanage

My family recently spent a week in Todos Santos just north of Cabo on the Pacific side. We traveled down with six ukuleles, from soprano to baritone. Some of the locals heard about us and within a couple days we were joined by six and twelve string guitars, Autoharp, fiddle and accordion. I...
  11. wconley

Fluke concert in our local Craigslist

Just saw this in seattle's Craigslist. No affiliation but I know people look for these. http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/msg/4348613276.html
  12. wconley

Tonight You Belong to Me (cover)

Not mine but this cover of Tonight you Belong to Me will have you smiling. If only I could sing as good as this...
  13. wconley

Single vs. Bookmatched front and back questions

About two years ago I was fortunate enough to become the owner of a nice Koaloha concert with single piece front and back. Recently a Koaloha Tenor was sold in the Marketplace forum that pointed out a one piece back. This morning I see this stunning Koaloha with bookmatched top and bottom...
  14. wconley

Paul McCartney played an uke

Went to Paul McCartney in Seattle last night. Great concert with nearly three hours of music spanning his entire career, from The Beatles to Wings to his solo music. He even started "Something in the Way She Moves" on a Gibson ukulele given to him by George Harrison. Hope this link works.
  15. wconley

Ukulele Lessons or kanikapila in San Jose/Sunnyvale?

My sister is taking up the ukulele and is looking for some external motivation. She tried to learn a few years ago and failed - due to her class being all about theory, learning chords and no fun. She gave her ukulele to me which got me started and now with others in our family playing she...
  16. wconley

Sold my Pono MB baritone

Sold it on craigslist only after getting a MBD 2nd... The fun thing about this was that two guys showed up at my door looking like they could have stepped off a bluegrass festival stage. The buyer played it for a few moments and gladly paid my full price. We sealed the deal with a shot of...
  17. wconley

Favilla Soprano on Seattle Craigslist

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/msg/3188556947.html I see people mention these on the board so thought someome might be interested. I have no affliation with the seller.
  18. wconley

Maui ukulele times

We are just finishing up three weeks on Maui which gave me lots of time to play my ukulele every day. We had sing alongs on the lanai of or ground floor condo with the neighbors and had several people join us. One couple came over and the husband was very good on acoustic guitar, had an old...