Search results

1. Jeanpaul

Want: flamed Kiwaya

There's one listed on elderly.
  2. Jeanpaul

Romero Creation Replica

I once owned a koa replica, agree with all above. Sold it for two reasons: 12 ftets and super thin profile. JFYI
  3. Jeanpaul

-WTB- Moore Bettah

Wow, nice point! From another daily player.
  4. Jeanpaul

Has pono ever used Brazilian rosewood on pro classic series?

Thanks for the input guys! I bought a Pono RTC PC with a similar serial number, i.e. 130824, and I suppose it's Indian rosewood, or Indonisian rosewood? BTW, Ken, what's the serial number of yours? I'm guessing the first two numbers is the production year?
  5. Jeanpaul

Has pono ever used Brazilian rosewood on pro classic series?

Hi, guys! Just saw an ads on the fleamarket, the seller write this: Pono RTSH(S)PC Solid Rosewood Tenor This is a Pono ProClassic (SN#130925) made before the ban on Brazilian Rosewood. It's in great condition, just a few small dings in the Spruce top. Comes with nice hard shell case. $825...
  6. Jeanpaul

WTB: KTM-25

Thanks for the info, I have found one here. Yes, I did see that one and luckily got one cheaper. Thanks Ken! Close the thread and thanks UU.
  7. Jeanpaul

WTB: KTM-25

Aloha, guys! Need a koaloha ktm25, better be mint. Anyone has one to let go? Mahalo! Jean
  8. Jeanpaul

FS: Daniel Ho/Pepe Romero Solid Mahogany Tiny Tenor

Wow! This picture looks just gorgeous! Couldn't help but tempted.
  9. Jeanpaul

Thoughts about tenor high and low G

Sometimes I even considered trying a five-strings.
  10. Jeanpaul

What wood is this?

So I've seen many ukes on the site or on other sites selling ukes with South American rosewood, or Amazon Rosewood, sometimes Bolivian rosewood. How could one tell which is whch? Sry for my curiosity. Jean
  11. Jeanpaul

What wood is this?

Hey, Guys! I finally found this, please check this link. https://theukulelesite.com/ko-olau-cs-spruce-rosewood-slothead-tenor.html These guys could be wrong, but I just breathed a sigh of relief. ;) My bad for not having all these infomation provided at the first time when I posted this thread...
  12. Jeanpaul

Forum Questions

And this is the edit on my iPhone.
  13. Jeanpaul

Forum Questions

Hi, Jerry! There is a button says attach files at the bottom left to the post reply button. After attching the pic, there is a grey button on the left top of the pic says insert…. Click that button there is an option of thumbnail and full image. I just found that earlier today. Jean
  14. Jeanpaul

What wood is this?

After I have read here, I found the former owner on Reverb posted it writing rosewood, with the pic I attached above. I thought the light when taking pictures might be baffling, so I asked twice. I believe the original price of this uke is around $4k, and most of the Ko'olau cs model I saw are...
  15. Jeanpaul

What wood is this?

Just found another pic of the same uke, any chances of some rosewood?:unsure: Thanks, Jean
  16. Jeanpaul

What wood is this?

Thanks for all these input! Koa accepted. I was expecting it to be more curly or some flaming pattern though, it's a Ko'olau cs uke! At least I know it's not that plain, Hahaha Thank you all, Bob and Michael and JJohansen and Sporky. As to the numbers, I have been hunting for Ko'olaus...
  17. Jeanpaul

What wood is this?

Aloha, luthier masters! I came across this Ko'olau cs on Reverb. The seller says it's koa b/s and he did call the tel number on Ko'lau website to get this answer. However, I don't think a Ko'olau cs tenor would use koa like this grade. Then I dialed that number again, and got exactly the same...
  18. Jeanpaul

TC UniTune tuner on sale at Sweetwater for just $9.91

Great price! Bought three. Thanks Besley! ;)