Search results

1. A

Setup...Is it really worth it?

Reputable sellers, like Mim (a member of UU) sets up EVERY uke that leaves her shop. Even beginner's ukes, really, 'should' be set up properly - as they will find it easier to play - but they rarely are. If I was buying a high end uke ($700 up) I would expect it to be fully set up already...
  2. A

I will always love you

Here's one ..... give it a go (the TAB sheet is immediately below the Youtube Video) https://ukulelehunt.com/2021/10/05/dolly-parton-i-will-always-love-you-tabs/
  3. A

How would you make a ukulele sound like an electric guitar?

My Roland Amps have lots of switches that change the sound of the uke to grunge or whatever you want it to be!! ;)
  4. A

Question about Strings

Can someone please explain the difference in quality or sound of the 'new Nylgut' strings in the brown pack vs the 'original' Nylgut Strings in the cream pack. Thank you
  5. A

Battery powered ukulele amplification...

Damn! Now it has happened to my own Roland Mobile Cube .... the battery compartment is dripping wet with acid from Energiser batteries this evening! :( The amp was playing up so I swapped to 6 x new batteries, then it stopped altogether! Pulling the 2nd lot of batteries out .... they were...
  6. A

Sleepwalk

Here 'tis
  7. A

Battery powered ukulele amplification...

Hi guys, One of my uke group purchased an 'as new' 2nd hand Roland Mobile Cube a couple of months back - and when plugging her mic in last week - it made a big noise and now it won't turn on at all using the batteries. She said it was turned off before she plugged the mic in. I've tested it...
  8. A

A String not playing thru Amp after replacing strings

Hi guys I recently replaced all 4 strings on my Kala Concert Travel Uke ka-sstu-ce. I removed all 4 strings, instead of one at a time - and now the A string no longer sounds thru the amp. The other 3 strings play nicely. I do recall that the bridge fell off & I thought I put it back 'the...
  9. A

C string on Acoustic Jazz Uke not as 'loud' as the G, E & A

Hi guys I was lucky enough to recently win an Aiersi Tenor Jazz Ukulele - but when I play TAB on it thru my Roland Microcube RX Amp .... the C string is nowhere near as 'loud' as the other 3 strings, so when playing that string, sometimes it can be hard to hear it. Any suggestions that I may...
  10. A

External pickup

......Thats why i dont want to drill Kanilea ill probably drill my other uke...... I was really surprised how much the internal pickup (that came pre-installed with the Kala Concert Travel Uke) impacted on the sound of the uke when not using an amp - muted & dull. With the thinner body of the...
  11. A

K&K External Uke Pickup ..... who's tried one?

Hi guys I am toying with getting a couple of external pickups to put on a couple of my ukes, to plug into our PA system - I could also use it on my other ukes as well, as they aren't necessarily permanently attached. You can get some cheap looking ones on Ebay for a few bucks, but I am leaning...
  12. A

WTB: Low G Concert Strings - Red Aquila or similar

Hi guys I am keen to try some low G Strings on a couple of my Concert Ukes - my concert Kala Travel Uke came with a Red Aquila Low G & I really like that one - but am open to any others - preferably not metal wound ones, if possible. if you have any you've tried & didn't 'like' ...... I would...
  13. A

Which Capo & why!

Many thanks for the replies, guys - some top info there to consider, kypfer! I'd thought that a few of the designs looked like they could cause a bit of annoyance depending on your 'chord forming style' - because of the long handles & all ...... I will ask all my members to bring any that they...
  14. A

Which Capo & why!

Hi guys Every now & then, we play a song that is a bit low or high for our voice ranges - and I'd like to recommend to our Uke Group to get a Capo so that we can change the key to any of the songs ...... But the dilemma is WHICH ONE TO GET?? I know there are some inexpensive 'cloth/elastic'...
  15. A

Old Uke needs a bit of work!

Hi Guys I would like to get this old 40s/50s Aussie uke 'working' again - I don't want to 'restore' it 'as such' ..... just get it to playable condition for my stepson - It was his father's uke. This is a 'Museum One' - an Australian JMG Ukulele - which was one of the first ukuleles ever...
  16. A

Forster Jumping Fleas Uke Band wins local Council award!

Hi guys I have been running the Forster Jumping Fleas Ukulele Band for the last 2 years now. More recently, we've been performing at Old Folks Homes and Community Groups such as Meals on Wheels, Respite Care Groups & different Charity Groups - for no charge. We also do 'one offs' like 'Xmas in...
  17. A

Other hobbies/passions

Kayak fishing for me - tho I am laid up just now following shoulder surgery! :( And of course, lots of uke stuff, for our group, the Forster Jumping Fleas! Roberta
  18. A

The Mighty Uke ...... available to see for the next 13 days only on internet!!

The Mighty Uke ...... available to see for the next 13 days only on internet in Aus Hi guys Today, we were lucky enough to watch the brilliant Ukulele Documentary - The Mighty Uke on our National Television ABC1. LUCKILY AGAIN - they will also allow us to watch it again as often as we like...
  19. A

Mon Tues Wed .... I love You - Anyone got the lyrics & chords?

Hi guys "Mon, Tues, Wed Thurs Fri, I love you" THis song has been made famous in Aussie by a large supermarket who chose it as their 'theme song' ..... and I really like it!! (by the comments, you can work out that some HATE IT!) Any assistance appreciated Many thanks Roberta