Search results

1. M

FS: Maui Music Deluxe Tenor All Curly Koa

And again, I have to say- utterly gorgeous! I'm a sucker for either green or blue purfling/trim/abalone!
  2. M

FS: Gorgeous Kanile'a P1 Tenor Premium

Absolutely GORGEOUS!
  3. M

Ohana Ukuleles

Beautiful!!
  4. M

Ohana Ukuleles

That narrow nut width is the only thing that keeps me away from an Ohana. And shopping through Mims ensures you'll get a good one- at a good price- and set up right!!
  5. M

Okay so I want a Makai lt80 strictly for the esthetics, no other reason. Talk me out of it. Please.

I'm in the same boat! I know I would NOT sound like Marco playing it! And to be honest, I am not that crazy about the body grain- but I love the rest of the appearance- especially the face of it- and the purfling!
  6. M

Magic Fluke Flea

Cool Uke's! I grew up in Palo Alto... haven't been back there since 1969!! I wouldn't even recognize it there!
  7. M

Okay so I want a Makai lt80 strictly for the esthetics, no other reason. Talk me out of it. Please.

Am I guessing you want one of these after seeing Marco Cirillo's YouTube tutorials? I know- I love that uke! That's exactly why I want one too, the esthetics of it- nothing more!
  8. M

Vintage Martin style 1k

Absol Absolutely a gorgeous instrument!! Color me envious!! :)
  9. M

A New Poll!! Did you play/practice a string instrument for at least a year before starting ukulele?

Yup- Acoustic Fingerstyle Guitar for about 30 years.
  10. M

Dangerous stuff making ukuleles.

Wow, sorry to hear of this episode, Ken- you scared me when you started talking about sawing and resawing- I could just guess what was to follow... having run a finger through a tablesaw myself while cutting some Western Cedar into blanks for Native American Flutes! Fractured one bone & chipped...
  11. M

Hygrometer (humidity) Discrepancies

Great tip, thanks for sharing! I have 3 hygrometers, currently sitting right together- reading 19.5, 18 & 33%
  12. M

Double NUD day! :-)

Thanks! Both are fantastic ukes- and really, fantastic bargains, especially the LoPrinzi, bearing in mind that I detailed every aspect of it! From the tortiseshell binding- to the arched fingerboard, nut width, single neck ebony reinforcement stripe, etc. And only $750 or so- with a hardshell case!
  13. M

Double NUD day! :-)

As you wish! :)
  14. M

Gotoh UPTH tuners

SOLD!
  15. M

Gotoh UPTH tuners

I just swapped Gotoh tuners on my new LoPrinzi concert uke I received last month- it came with these black tuners, I swapped for gold/ivoroid tuners. Would like to get SOLD! via PayPal shipped USPS Priority within Conus. These will be shipped in the package the new tuners were sent in-...
  16. M

Sold: Timms soprano, Gotoh UPT tuners, Waverly buttons, near mint,$xxx.

Yeah... I had a tough time while you were packing it up, too, Patty! I really wanted this! :)
  17. M

I don't suppose you still have the original tuners with this, do you?
  18. M

Which Tenor to set up as a High-G?

I've got 3 Tenor ukes- an Enya Pro Carbon, an Anuenue AMM-3- and a Romero Grand Tenor. The Enya is strung with a Hi-G setup, but the two other much nicer ukes are both set up as a low G, as they came. I've been mulling over setting up one of the other two as a High-G, just to have a nicer uke...
  19. M

Price Drop: Larrivee Mahogany Soprano (2000)

Larrivee's craftsmanship is impeccable!
  20. M

Surprised this is still here and not sold, Patty! If I hadn't just received 2 last month- well, my wife might not be so understanding this time!! :)