Search results

1. L

Admin Update on New Features, and The Name of That Thread

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
  2. L

Review: Pono UL Terz Guitar (or Steel String Guitalele)

That is good to know about the D Ho steel string--- thank you!
  3. L

This is all very helpful— thank you!
  4. L

@Rakelele, thank you for this review, which I have just recently come across. If you would be willing, I am wondering whether you have any updates--- are you still happy with this instrument four years later, and have you played the Romero Creations version (or anything else similar, but I don't...
  5. L

SOLD [FS/FT: Magic Fluke Timber Bass (2021, fretless, flatwound strings)]

Unfortunately, no! Nashville, Tennessee.
  6. L

New Year's Day bump, for anyone who has just resolved to buy a short-scale bass this year ☺️
  7. L

I started playing ukulele in 2020 and ordered this walnut fretless Timber Bass at the end of 2021 because, as much as I was loving playing the ukulele, I was craving some lower frequencies. This bass is an absolutely beautiful instrument, but I have discovered that I don't really enjoy playing...
  8. L

SEASON 556- 1972

Happy birthday, Dave, and thank you for hosting this week, and I'm sorry I have not been around much lately! It might be summer before I return as an active participant, but I'm still hoping to catch up on some listening...
  9. L

ELI5 Romero Tiny Tenor Specs?

Mine is spalted mango, and I did get strap buttons put on. I do feel like they detract from the instrument’s looks, but I’m really glad I have them because I can get a much better sound from this one when I use a strap. If I try to hold it against my body without using a strap, the sound is...
  10. L

ELI5 Romero Tiny Tenor Specs?

Hi Ila- I got a Tiny Tenor earlier this year and I think it's a beautiful instrument. I agree with BigJackBrass that it's probably more helpful to think of them as their own thing. Another thing to keep in mind: I'm pretty sure the body is deeper than on a typical concert (it's certainly deeper...
  11. L

SOTU 554 "Swayin' to the tempo of a squeezebox melody" Songs About Instruments

Many thanks to Jim for hosting and to Joo for inviting me to collaborate on this delightful song! I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately--- I miss you all!
  12. L

SOTU 550 (!!!) "IT'S ONLY A MOVIE, INGRID!"

Val, thank you for hosting! Here's the 1932 Arlen/Harburg/Rose song It's Only a Paper Moon, which (not surprisingly!) played a key part in the 1973 film Paper Moon. (I'm sorry there is even less to see in my video than usual--- I think I must have stepped too close to the camera without...
  13. L

Hey from Tennessee

Welcome from Nashville!
  14. L

Season 548 - Second City Songs

John, thank you for hosting and for giving me a reason to learn about the abundance of fabulous music connected to Birmingham! I started working on Joan Armatrading’s Down to Zero but it is definitely not going to be ready by the end of the season. I am looking forward to listening to everything!
  15. L

Season 547 - The Baggage Carousel

She walks downtown with a suitcase in her hand... Here's Delta Dawn, by Alex Harvey and Larry Collins. Tanya Tucker and Helen Reddy recorded very popular versions in the early 1970s. I don't think I had ever heard it until the late 90s, when I met my (now) wife--- it is her favorite song, so I...
  16. L

OFF MARKET 1970s/80s Kamaka White Label Soprano,

It is going to a loving home 😊
  17. L

Season 546...can we revisit Season 54?

I saw Dave's post just before leaving for vacation last Sunday and grabbed the first bird-related, already-printed single-page sheet music I thought of--- something that has been on my "songs to learn" list for a while. It's Bashanah Haba'ah, an Israeli pop song from 1970 (lyrics: Ehud Manor...
  18. L

Season 545 of the ukulele-CALENDAR GIRL

A very happy birthday, Liz, and thank you for hosting! I'm sorry I wasn't able to learn a song this week but I am sure that Chris (_mourningdove) has done an excellent job representing Team February :) I'm looking forward to listening to the season over the next few weeks! Laurie
  19. L

SOTU 544 -- Tell the Tale!

Well, here's what I did with Loreena McKennitt's 1991 setting of Tennyson's The Lady of Shalott (the 1842 version). More specifically, here's what I did with the end of the song/poem, as I don't (yet :)) have the stamina or skill to do the whole thing. Even just doing the last 6 verses turned...