Search results

1. S

Cigar-box help?

Sure can! I am pretty sure it can be repaired, but I don't have the tools...or the money to pay a good luthier. It's a pretty uke, cost about $190. It's a laminate, but I still loved it. My plan was to turn into a CBU and get a cordoba tenor to replace it...but if it could be repaired...
  2. S

Cigar-box help?

Hi! My name's Shoe, I've been playing for a bit. I am a total newbie when it comes to making instruments, but very enthused about the idea. TL;DR: I have a project in mind that involves turning a damaged uke of mine into a cigar box uke, recycling all but the body. I'm looking for someone...
  3. S

Needed: Makala Dophin ASAP?

Hi! Shoe here. I'm (hopefully) going to start doing free ukulele lessons for free, in the little town I life in. I'm not a great player but I want to spread the love. I'm a facepainter, so I meet lots of kids (and their parents) through that...I promised a few parents I'd bring a uke next week...
  4. S

Amigo ukes: are they any good?

Hallo everyone! I could use some advice on trying a tenor. I've been wanting a tenor uke for a while, and I'd been planning to get the cheap f-hole one that 2cool4school sells on Ebay, mostly because it was cheap (around $70) and looked neat, and the dudes that run 2cool are super nice. They're...
  5. S

Uke Evangelism Challenge (remix art reward)

Uke Gifting Challenge Hi there! I don't know if this should be called a challenge or campaign, but this seemed more-or-less the right forum to put it in. A while ago, I made this viddy for the Mya-Moe 'From our Home to Yours' contest. The outpouring of support, feedback, encouragement, very...
  6. S

Salutations!

Hello, lovelies. I have been lurking here for a bit (even joined a contest, oh my) and hope to eventually get to meet more of you brilliant, fantastic musicians and ukerists. I stumbled upon this place once I'd gotten my first uke (cheapie mahalo, whee!). Getting a uke was rather impulsive...