Search results

1. Barbablanca

Season 571 - Sampler Platter

This week we have finally moved in to our "new" flat. In the little free time this has allowed me, I have been working on mastering N-Track for I-pad. Sadly, I have just got more and more frustrated as things it appears to do for others on YouTube videos, don't seem to work for me. I wanted to...
  2. Barbablanca

Season 570 - If I Had A Hammer, MC Hammer

Cool theme. I am in the middle of moving flat this week, so I haven't had much time to participate. But I did manage to squeeze in the time to get "Band in a Box" (my accompaniment programme) out, once I had roughed out the chord sequence and melody for the lyrics I wrote the day before. My...
  3. Barbablanca

Season 569 -- DCDC (Three Season Throwback!)

Well, it took till Sunday, but I finally persuaded my daughter to find a moment in her busy life to back up her aged father. Though she insisted on anonymity on YouTube 😜 So, late to the party, but it ain't over yet! Hope you like:
  4. Barbablanca

Season 568: Same procedure as last year?

I was a bit stuck for an approach to this one. I know the sketch, but I wasn't inspired by it until I remembered a lass I once knew who liked to play out a bizarre bedroom game where she pretended to be Janet and her partner had to pretend to be Doctor Finley. This all referred to an old B&W TV...
  5. Barbablanca

I'll be busy with FAWM all February, so please sign me up for a March one. Any chance of the one that will cover my birthday 31st of March?
  6. Barbablanca

Season 567 - Songs From The Back Burner

Last one from me. This was written in response to a songwriting challenge to write a truthful song about yourself. It seems a suitable one to bow out on. Thanks again for giving me this opportunity to post some of the songs I wrote at 50/90 but were never likely to fit a theme. Bon any nou...
  7. Barbablanca

Here is my penultimate contribution this week
  8. Barbablanca

Yet another from my FAWM 50/90 harvest. This one inspired by pictures of kids in the midst of the war in Ukraine.
  9. Barbablanca

Another one from me from FAWM 50/90 '22 This one's a rocker with a guitar solo and all!
  10. Barbablanca

Here is another from my 50/90 harvest. This was written for a "short songs" challenge. A sad tale in 40 seconds.
  11. Barbablanca

Another from my FAWM 50/90 Back Catalogue. I will follow Pabrizzer's advice and let you find out what it's about by listening to it.
  12. Barbablanca

Here is my second contribution. It's me bewailing the rise of "belief based" ignorance and the desire for some would-be Emperor to "save us". Hope you like:
  13. Barbablanca

I love this week's theme. It gives me a chance to make videos of some of the songs I wrote during the FAWM 50/90 (fifty songs written over 90 days) challenge this summer. I am slow off the mark - but here is my first one for this season. It was inspired by a sub-theme of Wyndham Lewis' novel of...
  14. Barbablanca

Season 566 - Seasonal Songs

Here's my contribution to the week. It's a song about the Winter Solstice and our distant ancestors' use of it. I hope you like it. BONES FESTES from CATALUNYA
  15. Barbablanca

SOTU 565 All Things Miller

Here's my second, and probably final, submission this week. This song was forming in my head all week. As soon as the theme was announced I thought of the phrase "grist to the mill" - but couldn't think of how to tie that in to anything. Then, this morning, lying in bed after the alarm had gone...
  16. Barbablanca

Ah, you have found a soul brother, Rob! 😜 I prefer your Russian accent though 😉
  17. Barbablanca

Now I remember her... Fine "Joanna" player. But all my Aunts and Uncles loved her, so, of course, we hated her! 😉
  18. Barbablanca

As soon as I saw the theme for this week, I knew what I had to write about: my Uncle John. He was a miller and we had some heated debates about... well almost everything.... but especially about flour. He was an advocate for the white flour his mill produced, while I was a defender of the...
  19. Barbablanca

Argh.... I listened to the first notes of "Downtown" and had to stop at "Downtown".... No!!! Whoever told her she could sing? The 60s could indeed be bizarre!
  20. Barbablanca

season 564 - one trick pony

Here is my entry for this week. It's a traditional song I arranged back in 1984 when I was a semi-pro folk singer. Many folk songs, especially ballads, fit the bill for this week. They don't have a chorus, as such, and tell the tale to the same melody in every verse. As this one does. Hope you...