Search results

1. Pueo

::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Wow Don has over TWICE as many posts as I do!
  2. Pueo

Back to the ol' standby!
  3. Pueo

Discord issues, so I thought I would pop over and say Hi
  4. Pueo

500! The Songs of Ukulele Underground

Aloha Seasonistas! FIVE HUNDRED?!?!?!?!?! Crazy! I have chosen my song, now I just need to learn it. Looking forward to being around more now that the forum appears to be fixed!
  5. Pueo

Nanilei made Banh Mì for lunch today. Yum! Dinner tonight is 🥩, 🍤, 🥔
  6. Pueo

Again, "au" means with. So it is served au jus or with jus, not both!
  7. Pueo

I had a French dip
  8. Pueo

So does this mean we are back?
  9. Pueo

Season 297 of the Ukulele- School days

Aloha Dave, we're not pau yet! Sorry I did not get to post more songs... And it is a little rough, and probably goes on a bit too long, and I have this weird buzz in my six-string I gotta fix hahahahaha. Well, on Friday night the band never showed up so I went on a tear and sang 10 songs...
  10. Pueo

Kamoa GC-700 solid tiger maple

***** S O L D ! ***** Mahalo Bob! Aloha folks! I am selling my much-loved Kamoa GC-700. It is all solid wood, tiger maple, purple. This is a Grand Concert, a little larger than a regular concert, smaller than a tenor. Purchased new direct from Kamoa in 2013. I do not believe they are still...
  11. Pueo

Kanikapila at Bishop Museum Saturday, September 9, 2017, 10:00 AM

Aloha everyone! If you are on Oahu this Saturday, please come to the Bishop Museum and join us for Kanikapila! This event is free to attend and is hosted by the Ukulele Guild of Hawaii. All are welcome, and encouraged to participate! Bring your ukulele and your copy of He Mele Aloha and come jam...
  12. Pueo

Kanikapila at Bishop Museum June 3, 2017 10:00 - 11:00 AM

Aloha to all ukulele players on Oahu this weekend! Please join the Ukulele Guild of Hawaii at the Bishop Museum this Saturday, June 3 2017 at 10:00am Bring your ukulele, your copy of He Mele Aloha if you have one, and join us for fun and kanikapila! For details check out Ukulele Guild of...
  13. Pueo

Kanikapila at the Ala Moana Center Microsoft Store, Saturday Oct 15, 3:30PM

Aloha Oahu ukulele enthusiasts! If you would like to kanikaplia (come play music) with the current Ukulele Guild of Hawaii president - none other than ukulele legend and all-around nice guy Kimo Hussey - please stop by the Microsoft Store on the second level of Ala Moana Center in Honolulu...
  14. Pueo

Kanikapila at the Microsoft Store, Ala Moana Center, Honolulu, 10/15/2016 3:30PM

Aloha Oahu ukulele enthusiasts! If you would like to kanikaplia (come play music) with the current Ukulele Guild of Hawaii president - none other than ukulele legend and all-around nice guy Kimo Hussey - please stop by the Microsoft Store on the second level of Ala Moana Center in Honolulu...
  15. Pueo

Roy Sakuma Ukulele Festival, Kapiolani Park, Sunday July 17, 10a-5:30p

Aloha! It's almost that time again! I'll be there this year, probably spending most of my time at the Ukulele Guild of Hawaii tent promoting kanikapila. Please stop by and play some music with us. Meeting other UU forum members at the festival is always a treat. Hope to see some of you there!
  16. Pueo

8th Annual Ukulele World Congress- June 3-4th 2016

Well said Mim! A common thing people say to me about my YouTube videos or when I play is that I need to smile more, that I never look like I am enjoying myself. I find it true, and I usually respond that I really do enjoy playing but concentrating on the performance itself keeps me from smiling...
  17. Pueo

::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 21!

If the blue one would be anything like this one, I say go for it!
  18. Pueo

Is there a "standard" or "best" way to restring?

I would also add that you do not need that many wraps on the peg before starting to tighten, as having more wraps when the strings are under tension is less desirable. I also like to "pinch" the tail of the string between two wraps, pull it tight, then begin turning the peg. Usually works out...
  19. Pueo

::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 19!

Time to update your signature!
  20. Pueo

::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 18!

Speaking of nametags... When I worked at the Credit Union our motto was "At Work for You." They encouraged us to put a description of what we were "Working Towards" on our nametags.