Search results

1. MikeHollandGuitar

Cherry Blossom Time - Ukulele Solo

Cherry Blossom Time by the japanese guitarist Kotaro Oshio Arranged for ukulele and played on an aNueNue light bird tenor with low G tuning. Hope you are all keeping well in these uncertain times....Mike!
  2. MikeHollandGuitar

Just The Way You Are - Ukulele Solo

Just The Way You Are written by Billy Joel arranged as a Ukulele Solo. Played on an aNuenue Light Bird with low G tuning. I hope you all enjoy, Mike
  3. MikeHollandGuitar

Recuerdos de la Alhambra - Ukulele

Recuerdos de la Alhambra (Memories of the Alhambra) composed in Granada 1896 by Spanish guitarist Francisco Tárrega. Played on an aNueNue LightBird Tenor Ukulele with low G tuning. There is a link to a free tab if anybody is interested in the YouTube description! I hope you all enjoy, Mike
  4. MikeHollandGuitar

Air on a G string JS Bach...Ukulele Solo

Air on a G string - BWV 1068 By JS Bach. Arranged and played on an aNuenue Tenor Light Bird Ukulele fitted with low G tuning! I hope you all enjoy, Mike
  5. MikeHollandGuitar

Looper pedals - how useful?

I use an inexpensive tc electronic Ditto looper. About £60 in the UK but you will need to buy a power adaptor. Only one switch for recording stopping and overdubbing. Very simple and true bypass electronics so you should not notice any tone difference with the looper added in your signal chain...
  6. MikeHollandGuitar

Black Magic Woman - Solo Ukulele with looper!

Black magic Woman based on the Santana version. Recorded live with a looper switched in after the introduction to record and play back the chords. The Solo playing is based loosely around the Santana solo in his recording from the Abraxas album! Played on an Ohana TK35G Tenor ukulele with low G...
  7. MikeHollandGuitar

The Windmills Of My Mind - Ukulele Solo

"The Windmills of Your Mind" is a song with music by Michel Legrand, lyrics by Alan and Marilyn Bergman. In the 1968 film "The Thomas Crown Affair", the song is heard – sung by Noel Harrison. Here it is arranged and played on an aNuenue Light Bird Ukulele with low G tuning. I hope you all...
  8. MikeHollandGuitar

Sevillanas played on a Guitalele

The sevillana is a colourful and exciting style of song and dance that originated in Castile and not in Seville, a variation from a style of dance known as the seguidilla. The sevillana is not flamenco, although today it is performed by flamenco artists who give it that special flamenco touch...
  9. MikeHollandGuitar

Concierto de Aranjuez Adagio - Ukulele Solo

The Concierto de Aranjuez Adagio section of the guitar concerto by the Spanish composer Joaquín Rodrigo. Arranged for solo Ukulele and played on an aNuenue light Bird Tenor Ukulele with low G tuning. This is such a beautiful piece of music and is very evocative of Spain. I hope you all enjoy, Mike
  10. MikeHollandGuitar

£89 short scale Telecaster - Playing Steel Bends(Dying Embers)

I just bought this very cheap Short scale Telecaster .....Only £89 brand new...........Ridiculous price. Here is a Telecaster string bending piece called Dying Embers by Adrian Legg. Amazing value and a lot of fun. Played straight out of the box with original strings which are a little too light...
  11. MikeHollandGuitar

Bach little Prelude in C Minor, BWV 999

Prelude in C Minor, BWV 999, also termed The "Little" Prelude in C Minor, is a piece written by Johann Sebastian Bach. Though originally composed for Lute-Harpsichord it has since been adapted for various instruments, including lute, piano and guitar. Here I have arranged it for solo ukulele in...
  12. MikeHollandGuitar

NUD aNuenue Light Bird Tenor

Just acquired this aNuenue lightbird Tenor from "World of Ukes" in Cumbria in the UK. Solid Cedar top with mahogany back and sides. Great loud warm punchy sound. Lovely to play and I like the understated look. Matt from the "World of Ukes" has done a great job creating this special edition...
  13. MikeHollandGuitar

Killing the Blues - Resonator Guitar

Killing the Blues by Rowland Salley played lap style in a Gretsch G9231 Steel Bodied Resonator Guitar. D tuning DADF#AD low to high. I hope you all enjoy, Mike
  14. MikeHollandGuitar

Midnight at the Oasis - Ukulele Solo

Midnight at the Oasis. This song was written in 1973 by David Nichtern. It was recorded by the singer Maria Muldaur. When I first heard this tune I thought the guitar work by Amos Garrett was the most perfect accompaniment to a song that I have heard and I still think that even today. I have...
  15. MikeHollandGuitar

Bésame Mucho - Ukulele Solo

Hi John boy, The Aquila Nylgut strings add something to the sound. You can push the string a little bit harder and they seem to react with a rich robust sound. I record the Audio and video with an old Zoom Q3HD. The video is showing its age now but the audio quality is excellent. There is a...
  16. MikeHollandGuitar

Bésame Mucho - Ukulele Solo

"Bésame Mucho" ("Kiss me a lot") is a song written in 1940 by Mexican songwriter Consuelo Velázquez] A famous version is sung by Trio Los Panchos. It is one of the most famous boleros, and was recognized in 1999 as the most sung and recorded Mexican song in the world. It is also one of the songs...
  17. MikeHollandGuitar

Sultans of Swing - Lap Steel Guitar

Sultans of Swing played on a C6 tuned Lap Steel Guitar. Backing consists of Flamenco Guitar, Bass and Drums! Hope you all enjoy , Mike
  18. MikeHollandGuitar

Choros No1 Villa Lobos - Ukulele solo

Another South American piece. Composed by the great Brazilian composer Heitor Villa Lobos. This is my arrangement of Choro no 1 tipico that he wrote for the guitar in 1920. I hope you all enjoy. Mike
  19. MikeHollandGuitar

Fandangos de Huelva.......Flamenco Guitar!

I found this practice video of a few years ago playing some Flamenco in the style of Fandangos! Mike
  20. MikeHollandGuitar

Guitalele- Paco de Lucia tremolo

Not sure where to post guitalele videos.Hope they are OK here! Beautiful tremolo section from Paco de Lucia's Fuente Y Caudal. Played on a Gretsch G9126 Tenor size Guitalele. I found this quite tricky to execute on the guitalele due to the narrowness of the frets. It was a great exercise in...