Search results

1. SleepyheadRooster

Martin CEO-7 SOLD

I got mine maybe 8(?) years ago in a big trade. She got her guitar new just before the pandemic. Not sure what she paid. Probably whatever the going Musicians Friend / Guitar Center price, though she bought from a local Martin dealer. Guitar prices have gone up a lot since I stopped my GAS...
  2. SleepyheadRooster

Martin CEO-7 SOLD

These are outrageously good guitars! I have one, and I have a student who bought one after playing mine. Best luck with your sale!
  3. SleepyheadRooster

Which of these Tenor Uke would you recommend?

I’m sure the market in Argentina is very different than in Portland, Oregon! Find the one that makes you happy. Best luck!
  4. SleepyheadRooster

Which of these Tenor Uke would you recommend?

I bought a Pono MGT recently from TUS. I like almost everything about it, and the TUS setup is perfect. The one criticism I have of this ukulele is that it isn’t super loud, and I was aware of reviews that warned of that before my purchase. So I’m ok with that, but it is something to consider...
  5. SleepyheadRooster

Empty cases - fill them or sell them?

Fill them! 😈
  6. SleepyheadRooster

Old Kamaka Tenor needs TLC

I plan to list this on Craigslist this week if no local interest here. Apologies, but I really don’t want to ship it. In person sale only. Lower price $350.
  7. SleepyheadRooster

NUD: Mya-Moe Koa Concert #1655

That’s a beauty! Congrats! Fun to think it traveled all the way from here in Oregon to you!
  8. SleepyheadRooster

Old Kamaka Tenor needs TLC

For now, this is a local only deal. I don’t want to ship this. I’d like whoever wants to buy it to have the opportunity to see and play it first. $375 cash price. Edit: Lowered to $350 Transaction/exchange will be in Southwest Portland, OR. The good; It’s a Kamaka tenor, maybe 1970’s era. It...
  9. SleepyheadRooster

My old Kamaka tenor?

I think I’ll try locally so the person gets to see it. I’m afraid sometimes selling something like this that has some issues can lead to misunderstandings about the condition unless the buyer can really look it over. I’ve been looking around now and I think I have an idea what I’ll sell it for...
  10. SleepyheadRooster

My old Kamaka tenor?

This is what I’m thinking. I know it is only worth a fraction of what an undamaged instrument is worth. Just not sure what is fair. The person who fixes it will be fixing it to be a player, not a collector piece.
  11. SleepyheadRooster

NUD: Kelali Tenor

Better than cats!
  12. SleepyheadRooster

The Guitalele, Mini, Kiku, Ukitar, Guilele, "Six course small bodied instruments" thread

Interesting. I read the “About” on the website, but it says nothing at all (unless I missed it) about where these come from. I’m in Oregon. Apparently, this is a small company in Bend! Any idea where the instruments actually come from? Edit: Found it. China. How have I never heard of this...
  13. SleepyheadRooster

My old Kamaka tenor?

I’ve got an old Kamaka tenor. I don’t know the year. I think I was told 1970s when I bought it. It still sounds good and plays comfortably. I’ve had it maybe ten years or so. However, it’s a bit of a mess. (Aren’t we all?) At one point before it came into my possession it was badly damaged. The...
  14. SleepyheadRooster

Review: Pono UL Terz Guitar (or Steel String Guitalele)

Wow! That’s a beauty. As a guitarist with a recent growing enthusiasm for ukulele… oh, boy. I’m in trouble!
  15. SleepyheadRooster

New more affordable Pono model in development ...

Fancy stuff: quality, geared tuners Ebony or rosewood faceplate, heel cap, bridge, and fingerboard Rosette Truss rod Pore-filled finish Logo inlay Mahogany neck These are all places where Pono could cut costs. I imagine switching to more readily available cheaper (but still instrument-worthy)...
  16. SleepyheadRooster

New more affordable Pono model in development ...

I just bought two Pono tenors. The mango is the basic model. The second was a cedar/acacia with a fretboard radius, top binding, and a gloss finish. I am really enjoying both instruments. I own beautiful Martin, Santa Cruz, and Taylor guitars. I also have a handmade GV Rubio classical guitar, a...
  17. SleepyheadRooster

Shamisen , a three-stringed traditional Japanese musical instrument .

You know, this isn’t so different from some of the extended guitar solos you’d hear from “guitar gods” in the Seventies. Fast playing, driving rhythm, some repetitive lines, lots of vibrato… Cool stuff!
  18. SleepyheadRooster

Why am I utterly incapable of barre chords?

I teach a lot of beginners. Some observations: 1. It’s almost never about brute strength unless the instrument has super high action. 2. Everybody’s hands and fingers are different. 3. Try to keep the index finger straight, bending only at the largest knuckle. 4. Make sure you’re right next...
  19. SleepyheadRooster

Brüko?

Hey, thank you! That really answers my question. I am not a collector at all, but I appreciate having instruments that produce different sorts if tones. Not all ukuleles need to be sweet Hawaiian Koa styles. I sort of knew these weren’t that, and I was just wondering what they were. Cheers!
  20. SleepyheadRooster

Brüko?

Thanks for the reply. I glanced at their website. On the forum, the discussions I searched always seem to be about their sopranos. Yet, they do make concerts and tenors. I wonder why the sopranos get so much emphasis. Also, while there don’t seem to be many around in the States, the ones that...