Search results

1. DelGriff

SOTU 579 That's Crackers!

What a band Madness were! A huge favourite of mine until the advent of synth pop in the early ’80s - I can’t work out why I’ve never covered any of their songs - until now!!! Anyway, thanks for the opportunity, Sabine! Not sure how this one will be received by the Madness purists - I’ve slowed...
  2. DelGriff

Just me, uke and some reverb:
  3. DelGriff

Thanks for hosting, Sabine! :) Here’s some Fine Young Cannibals - ‘crazy’ in the title and the lyrics. There was a time when their album ‘The Raw And The Cooked’ ranked as my favourite of all time. Sadly, I played it to death and got a little bored with it. But I love this song. Some...
  4. DelGriff

Season 577 - Jingles!

Thanks for a great week, Joo! Love the pics - thanks for somehow managing to shrink my nose without adversely affecting the likeness! :)
  5. DelGriff

sotu 578 - Get Yer Ya Ya's Out! And Double your Fun.

Sorry for not participating, John - struggling with some other stuff right now. And yes - Randy was the best! :)
  6. DelGriff

Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

😆😆😆 For those who don’t know, Joko is one of our most dedicated ‘regulars’ at the Zoom sessions, but has to stay up or wake up at about 3am in Myanmar to join in! We do sometimes witness him understandably falling off to sleep during the sessions! Another good reason for an occasional change of...
  7. DelGriff

Blimey Victoria - you don’t know what you’re missing! 🙂
  8. DelGriff

But… the usual starting time is, by my calculations, 9.30pm for you Val. It would only be the later time once per month for those much further east to join in - and only then if there is enough demand.
  9. DelGriff

Season 577 - Jingles!

Hi Joo I hope you won’t mind me posting this here - I’ve also put it in another couple of threads, but not everyone reads them! Evening all! For those who aren’t aware, every Saturday for the last 3 years we’ve had a live online open mic session for Seasonistas, hosted on Zoom currently by...
  10. DelGriff

Evening all! For those who aren’t aware, every Saturday for the last 3 years we’ve had a live online open mic session for Seasonistas, hosted on Zoom currently by either Brian Fergus (ukefoote) or Ila (they usually alternate weeks). There are about a dozen of us who regularly attend and some...
  11. DelGriff

Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

Evening all! For those who aren’t aware, every Saturday for the last 3 years we’ve had a live online open mic session for Seasonistas, hosted on Zoom currently by either Brian Fergus (ukefoote) or Ila (they usually alternate weeks). There are about a dozen of us who regularly attend and some...
  12. DelGriff

Season 577 - Jingles!

Thanks for hosting, Joo! :) Here’s a double whammy for you - two different versions of a 1970s TV ad for a Cadbury Fudge bar. Nice though they are, even as a young kid I found them too small and unsatisfying, and now as an old git even more so! First up, a cover of the original, with some...
  13. DelGriff

Season 576 - "Dirty Dancing"

I hereby declare you an honorary Englishman, Christopher! :)
  14. DelGriff

I haven’t changed mine - the need to be accurate (for I, too, have certain pedantic tendencies!) is superseded by the mischievous desire to further annoy Mr Fergus by not pandering to his pedantry! 🤓🤪
  15. DelGriff

You‘re absolutely right, Brian - you really are a pedant! 😆😆😆
  16. DelGriff

Thanks for hosting, Christopher! :) I’ve always loved this song, so was very grateful to see it on the list! I love how the simple lyrics paint such a perfect picture of the scenario - brilliant songwriting! Incidentally, I’m another who hasn’t watched the film, at least not all the way...
  17. DelGriff

SOTU 575 "SEE THE MUSIC, HEAR THE DANCE"

Hi Jon Here’s the best definition I could find: “A synth pad is a sustained sound, either a single tone or a chord, used to enhance the harmony of a broader track. Pads add a sense of atmosphere. In a broader music history context, the concept of padding out a musical arrangement has been...
  18. DelGriff

SOTU 575 "SEE THE MUSIC, HEAR THE DANCE"

Here’s an original, written this evening for the season and for FAWM. It’s a love song, with some added synth bass, pads, drums and vocal harmonies. It includes the word ‘dance’.
  19. DelGriff

Season 573 - Tom Waits for Lowe man

Received in the post yesterday - thanks so much, Steve! :)