Search results

1. R

Laminated ukes' sound improving over time-your experience?

There has been so much written about how solid wood ukuleles mature and sound better over time, while all-laminate ones don't. I have experience with 2 all-laminate instruments that indicate to me that it might be more complicated than that. The first is an Aersi zebra wood all-laminate...
  2. R

Mixing brands on 8-string unison pairs

I have just ordered a Baton Rouge 8 string ukulele. After reading the many positive reviews I am looking forward to receiving it. I am considering replacing the octave C with a unison pair, leaving the low G as the only octave pair as others here have done. I was wondering about using 2...
  3. R

tuner batteries cheap local

I recently bought Sunbeam CR2032 batteries at Dollar Tree in a blister pack of 2 batteries for $1.00. This is cheaper than I've seen in online stores, even when buying larger quantities. The batteries I bought a few years ago in quantity for a better price deteriorated and didn't reach their...
  4. R

music stand stupid deal

I just noticed this. I have had this stand for more than a year and have been satisfied with it. It is somewhat portable in spite of being heavier and bulkier than folding stands. It is stable and does not slip,even with a 3 inch 3 ring binder full of song sheets, which is a complaint I have...
  5. R

grover tuning machine loose button issue

I have a Kala KA-ACP-CTG which is fitted with Grover open gear tuners with metal buttons on its slotted peghead. All the metal buttons have a small amount of play on the shaft when turned. At first I thought it was backlash in the gear before I realized it was the button. I bought the...