Search results

1. F

Tenor Guitar

I see the TG has a guitar humbucker fitted.
  2. F

Uke Scales - Diagrams

Very Nice Diagrams . Thank You. Initially (approx. 2 years ago) it was confusing for me. The diagram shows where all the notes are for the major scale (32 positions on uke fretboard). So there are many ways to solo on the scale notes, and your fretting hand can go up the neck or down the neck or...
  3. F

Careless Love Madeleine Peyroux in G

Madleine Peyroux Careless Love (G) Good Morning everybody, I have worked out the dominant (drone) rhythm chords for this song on Soprano uke. I am trying to get the same pattern going on Baritone Uke. But it sounds slightly different ? I am stuck with 2 options at the moment...
  4. F

Happy NUD!: custom Brüko longneck

We bought these in March 2009. Strung with Aquila. Banjo type sound, lots of character. I see your fret markers are black.
  5. F

Show me your KoAloha's :D

@Petey, I'd be keen to hear from you how the Koaloha compares with Martin?
  6. F

Winter has arrived in the North UK

Hi Timbuck, A question if I may: I was asked to fit a new neck (electric guitar) to an existing body. The width needed a bit of sanding, and thereafter I could slide the neck into the cut-out of the body. The problem is : It sits snug in the body slot, but it sits too high and strings...
  7. F

Router Table Queries

Hi everyone, I bought a 2nd hand home made router table with a cheap Makita router mounted on a piece of perspex in the centre. The problem is adjusting the height of the cutter, which can be done, but I have to remove the fence everytime and repeat the whole set up procedure, which is a pain...
  8. F

Sinfonico Honolulu

A heads up here for an italian ukulele orchestra. Their cover "Sympathy for the devil" has the most views, but "take a walk on the wild side" I enjoyed as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_HCGJszSto
  9. F

Contractually Obligated

Hi everybody, Today after quite a few attempts, and with the latest Skype and Chatting technologies available to any online customer, I located three items that I need on the internet. After I had put everything in the basket and wanted to pay with my Paypal account, there was a drop down...
  10. F

Laminate Uke Question.

Laminate Uke Question. Are the sound properties of a ukulele build out of a solid wood (Koa, Mahogany), reproduced (detectable in terms of the wood?) when the same sized ukulele is built out of a Koa or Mahogany laminate?
  11. F

Bookmatched neck? Bruko/Brueko Ukulele

Here are two photos just before the instruments were sent out to us ! You will notice that there is no book matching.
  12. F

String Questions Kala & Ashbory

Are the strings on these small bass instruments one and the same, or does Kala use different strings to Ashbory? Are the strings interchangeable ( from the one bass to the other?) I thought the string colours were different (going on the youtube clips)? For Kala there was mention of an oilseal...
  13. F

Logging in & out

Good Afternoon everybody . When I am in my lunch hour at work, I like to read the Uke Bulletin Board, and that is "open time" for us, as during working hours the sites are blocked. At work I log out when I am finished, and as the pc leaves the site, there is a notice that it cleared all the...
  14. F

Going through old photgraphs

Here we go ?? i pressed "Advanced"
  15. F

Going through old photgraphs

Hi everybody, My wife has started sorting out a lot of boxes of photographs which we have taken over the years. Attached, and I hope I've not done it wrong, is a photo I took of two ukulele players who were playing at Sail 2000 in Amsterdam. There were two buskers playing jazz standards (they...
  16. F

I Will - Beatles

Hello everybody, the song "I Will" by the Beatles runs nicely, but the ending is where I am battling. I try and paste what I have got, and maybe someone can help me with the way this song ends? The song comes off the White Album Thanking you. Below the song. F Dm...
  17. F

Free Printable guitar charts

Hello everybody, I have been trawling the net for guitar chord charts , especially ones that show 2nd and 3rd position. I personally do not play guitar, but my friend does. I have been to www.8notes.com which is usefull, but although you can request any chord, it will show you many positions...
  18. F

Under African Skies (cover)

This is not me, but I thought it was a nice performance.. (It might have been posted before, I have not checked that!) "Under African Skies" (cover performed on ukulele) [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH-kBoqqeEk"/URL]
  19. F

Little thing called love

Hi everybody, I saw this number performed by Fi Breydon (fipfft) on youtube, and managed to get the bulk of the song going, but there is a problem area in the middle somewhere, which I have described below It starts with: G C...