Search results

1. YorkSteve

Online session - Saturday Sept 11th

Meeting ID: 736 125 7574 Passcode: Panda Starts at 20:30 London time (GMT+1)
  2. YorkSteve

Saturday 28th online session

As I can't edit the usual thread, the details for this week are - Zoom meeting 622 972 7495 No password necessary
  3. YorkSteve

Season 471 - Click and wind on

Season 471 - Click and wind on When I'm not strumming on a ukulele, I can often be found tinkering with a camera, usually one that's older than myself. So this week's theme is photography, and anything related to it - any song which mentions (in the title or the lyrics) photos, pictures...
  4. YorkSteve

Here are the hosts for upcoming Seasons of the Ukulele. If you're keen to host, but haven't had a chance to sign up yet, Seasons needing hosts are listed below with no name next to them. Just reply to the end of this thread and I will add you. Guidelines and tips are below the list of upcoming...
  5. YorkSteve

Season 430 - Travel

This Season I want to hear songs about travel. If we can’t do it, at least we can sing about it, and maybe one day... Any songs about going places, whether it’s by plane, boat, road, foot, whatever. Covers or originals. All the usual rules – ukulele must be featured, whether solo or part of a...
  6. YorkSteve

MyaMoe Koa Concert - UK/EU sale

This is a gorgeous koa concert uke, #1655, made in 2015 by Aaron at MyaMoe. You can see the details and pictures of its build at their website, but to summarise - Common Koa top, back & sides Hand-rubbed oil finish Radiused Ebony fretboard with Ebony binding & Pearl markers Mahogany neck Peghed...
  7. YorkSteve

Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

Here are the details of the weekly Seasonista open mic session. A year on, these are still running, usually hosted by Kevin (Mezcalero) or Brian (UkeFoote). All welcome! See below for the next date & time If you haven't used Zoom before, it is worth signing up and installing it on your...
  8. YorkSteve

Season 389 - Dream On

If you haven't watched the video, you've probably done the right thing, and not spent two minutes listening to me ramble. But now you need to know that this week is all about DREAMS - any song with "dream" in the title or lyrics, or "nightmare", or even songs which are clearly about dreams even...
  9. YorkSteve

Season 371 - EEEasy does it

So, after a dangerous gamble with a Scrabble set (we could have had a whole week of doing Zambesi and Zip-a-dee-doo-dah) , the result is E Any songs this week, as long as the TITLE starts with the letter E All the usual rules & guidelines apply – - The recording must be new this week - A...
  10. YorkSteve

365ukesongs

Six days to go before I start my challenge for 2018. For those that didn't see this in the general Seasons chatter thread, here's what I am doing... I am trying to raise £1500 for SolarAid, who get solar lamps out to remote parts of Africa, to replace the dangerous/expensive/poisonous kerosene...
  11. YorkSteve

Season 302 - Bobs & Bills

This week’s theme is about the name of the writer or performer. You can do any song which was written by, or performed by, someone with the following names – Bob, Bobby (or Bobbie), Bill, Billy (or Billie). And that’s it. Roberts or Williams are not allowed, nor any other variation on those...
  12. YorkSteve

Season 256 - At Seventeen

What music were you listening to when you were seventeen? Has it stayed with you? Or are you embarrassed or amused by it? What I want to hear this week are the songs that you were listening to when you were seventeen. It might be songs that were around at that time, or maybe you were digging...
  13. YorkSteve

Gnuf 2017

Tickets are on sale today for GNUF 2017, at Huddersfield, UK. Last year quite a few UU people were there, both performing and enjoying. It really is a great weekend. http://northernuke.com/tickets/
  14. YorkSteve

Season 209 - The Deck of Cards

Season 209 – The Deck of Cards A pretty simple theme this week - I want songs about Kings, Queens, Jacks, Aces, Jokers, Diamonds, Clubs, Spades, or (yes, the easy option) Hearts. A few examples – King of the Road, Hit The Road Jack, and Heroes (mentions King and Queen) Songs which contain...
  15. YorkSteve

Season 197 - Forty years on, it's 1975

Season 197 – Forty years on, it’s 1975 The chart music of 1975 has always occupied a bit of a special place in the part of my mind which stores tunes. It was the year when I helped to run a very primitive school radio station. So primitive in fact, that all we did was tape the Top 40 from the...
  16. YorkSteve

FS: Black Bear Koa Soprano - UK Sale

SOLD - This is a very nice Black Bear koa soprano, number 368, made in May 2010. All Koa body, with (I think) mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard & bridge, all in excellent condition - just a few tiny marks, and a slightly polished look on the upper bout from strumming. It has been modified with...
  17. YorkSteve

Uke Express - Sunday Nov 8 - Pickering to Whitby

Are any other UK UU folk going on this? This is a day out on the North Yorks Moors steam railway, taking 300 uke players from Pickering to Whitby and back again, playing all the way, with a few hours in Whitby to eat, drink & play some more. Plus concerts in Pickering afterwards, and the night...
  18. YorkSteve

FS: KoAloha KCM-00 Concert (UK Sale)

FS: KoAloha KCM-00 Concert (UK Sale) - SOLD SOLD - A KoAloha KCM-00 Concert, in perfect condition. Koa top, bottom & sides, Sapele neck, Koa fretboard, built in August 2013. Not a mark to be seen anywhere. A strap pin has been added to the end. Recently re-strung with Worth CL strings. This...
  19. YorkSteve

FS: LoPrinzi Custom Koa Soprano (UK sale)

FS: LoPrinzi Custom Koa Soprano (UK sale) - SOLD SOLD A Loprinzi Custom Koa Soprano, with mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard, & tortoise-shell binding. Mother of pearl position markers. Satin finish. The scale length is 13 ¾ “ (35cm), but the neck joins at the 14th fret, 19 frets in total...
  20. YorkSteve

Anyone here going to Glastonbury?

Is anyone else on here going to the Glastonbury Festival this year? Seems an ideal place for a uke get together, maybe on the Thursday.:music: