Search results

1. SoCal16.1

A Ukulele Made from Grass

I just bought a cutaway! $85 bucks plus tax. Yowzaa!
  2. SoCal16.1

< $200 Soprano with Traditional Hawaiian Sound ?

👍 that‘s the one I got! Set up nicely and plays great! I think it’s a good value.
  3. SoCal16.1

< $200 Soprano with Traditional Hawaiian Sound ?

I recently bought a solid hog Ohana long neck soprano for well under 2 hun with a very sweet and mellow tone.
  4. SoCal16.1

Interesting Article about Great Store Closing

I’m going to go to the store this week on the way to see my granddaughter who lives fairly close by. Sorry to see such a great store close.
  5. SoCal16.1

I have friends who are having trouble accessing this forum, they were previously successful

I just tried my original account and got the monitor approval message,
  6. SoCal16.1

I have friends who are having trouble accessing this forum, they were previously successful

For what it’s worth, I can see your posting.
  7. SoCal16.1

Aquila strings on new ukuleles

Thanks, Mimmo, for your reply to my question! I never thought I would get such a thorough and informative description of the history of Aquila strings. So interesting. It make me appreciate my new Ohana and my older Kala all the more.
  8. SoCal16.1

awaiting moderator approval

I sent emails etc but no response. My original account gets the “needs monitor approval” so I’m using this second account for now. It’s strange that this one works but the original doesn’t.
  9. SoCal16.1

Aquila strings on new ukuleles

How did Aquila get their strings on most new ukuleles? What a coup for them! That’s a huge deal!
  10. SoCal16.1

Oh, the soprano...

I just got an Ohana solid hog long neck soprano. Sounds really nice and easy to play (and very reasonably priced)! I like it a lot!
  11. SoCal16.1

I’m giving up on my original account for now as it only works sporadically! …and I’ve been a member since 2016.
  12. SoCal16.1

Just when my original account started working properly I get the dreaded “awaiting monitor approval” message again!
  13. SoCal16.1

Lots of people can't post on the forum- is this being looked into?

I had to set up a new account as my older account was not working. I used the “+” feature for gmail. I’m glad to see this worked.