Search results

1. A

Here Comes POOL Weather.. What's Your GO-TO Uke Song to Play That's a Pool Pleaser?

A classic, my go to is Guting's rendition of Waiting in Vain But i'm looking for some new inspiration! Some songs besides GCEA (or maybe a particular one, since those chords are every pop song) that will get people talking and possibly singing that normally wouldn't! Ukulele just brings...
  2. A

SO I Want to make A CHRISTMAS album

I'm looking for helpful tips with making my first compilation. Here are some things I hope to do with this XMAS album. I would like to have 4-6 songs, I don't sing but a friend of mine may be inclined to get on a few tracks...but Mostly want it to be instrumental. I can't really take the time to...
  3. A

Getting Darker progressions from the Ukulele

I have recently bought a dynamic mic ans plan to record some arrangements. What has me intrigued as of late is exploring a set of chords that have me looking for a darker side to the ukulele to explore. Using F min (1013) and ....(0111) I can get a nice little turn around going that creates a...
  4. A

Going for a DARK and EERIE sound.... HELP Discussion

I've been trying to achieve an eerie sound on the ukulele for a while now, but not too seriously until I recently bought a mic and plan to record arrangements. Using F minor (1013) and ...not sure (0111) I have found a nice little way to create tension and release it. Just wanted to start a...
  5. A

Hey y'all, I find myself stumped on this Uke video.. thoughts?

I can see, obviously, how the "kick" and "snare" is actually being simulated... BUT it just doesn't actually translate to me being able to do it! It would seem to me, unlike a chunk(mine isn't much of a knock but more of a muted drag across the strings to complete the strum motion), but the way...
  6. A

First baritone uke, any impressive videos out there or personal favorites?

To be honest, I was never interested in baritone ukuleles. But, after receiving one as a gift I thought about how there might be some songs more tailored to that. I know it's the last four strings of a guitar so there is bound to be many guitar-ukulele transfers but I actually haven't seen many...
  7. A

what's your stunner song? looking to challenge myself

I'm looking for a song(tab) that just sounds hard. I've been looking through a lot of campanella stuff but I haven't found The One so to speak. the holidays are here and since I only see some of my relatives once a year I want to blow them away. Any ideas?:cool: currently working on...
  8. A

should i keep aquila or put worth brown on my new pocket uke?

just picked up one of those Tom pocket ukes and so far it's exactly what i've been wanting. However, it came with aquilas stock. I've never been an aquila fan and usually switch to clear or brown fluorocarbon. However, whats your opinion on a pocket uke uke, and whether switching the browns...
  9. A

Best looking soprano and sound for a reasonable price

Im looking for a soprano that blows me away visually. I know that sound should be the ultimate priority.... But I want to see something that gives me UAS. Standard sopranos usually only have 12 frets but extended fret sopranos would also be acceptable and preferable. Thanks! My price range is...
  10. A

Help with this awesome Allman Brothers tune- Blue Sky

http://www.guitarparty.com/song/blue-sky I have this in the key of C and it sounds pretty good. I haven't seen anyone do any allman bros ukulele and this song just sounds so fun. I'm looking for help with the ascending and descending riff that I hear throughout the song. Sounds like it could...
  11. A

Showing off with that uke

Anyone have any special runs/quick scales/fancy pull off-slides that they use to show off on the uke. My skills have progressed to the point where I'm able to pick up songs very quickly, and I'm looking for something to SPICE it up. :drool: Personally I've been doing a little Hendrix themed...
  12. A

UAS is hitting me pretty hard right now. Looking for Sub-Soprano size

any recommendations? I would prefer something hand crafted for a reasonable price. It would be a uke that i take around with me in my book bag at pharmacy school this fall. Therefore, preferably something that is within a disposable budget amount. It doesn't have to be solid wood(although I...
  13. A

Help turning Melody Notes into Chord Voicings

I broke my neck a couple weeks ago so now I find myself with a LOT of free time on my hands. so I've been using that time to advance with the ukulele by figuring out solo melodies for songs i haven't seen covered on YouTube yet... So... on the A string it's much easier to find the right chord...
  14. A

Check out how awesome this Uke is

http://www.etsy.com/listing/64874206/roc-em-soc-em-robot-ukulele-robolele?ref=v1_other_1 yep..
  15. A

my first ukulele just sounds bad to me now...

i bought a soprano about a year and a half ago. a real cheap one (49$) off brand ukulele. It was my first ukulele, since then i have purchased a tenor, concert and banjo uke. being my first ukulele, its slightly sentimental, but after playing the other sizes that are also better quality, i feel...
  16. A

General question. Using the re-entrant string often

As I get better and my skill level increases, I find that I can pick up an arrangement pretty quickly these days. Often I can learn a song in 1-2 sittings. Here's my question phrased in an example: I can play what sounds like the song... but that's because i'm hitting all of the right melody...
  17. A

Banjolele specific strum/ picking/ styles

just made a banjolele which I will make a full post on later this month, but i've been trying to emphasize the specific tones i can only achieve from this banjo into a style. any suggestions? or any songs that sound especially good on it. this little number sounds pretty good, can't remember...
  18. A

Making a Banjolele from scratch

i've seen a few instructionals on this. just curious if anyone has gone through with this? i'm searching eBay for a soprano DIY kit for about 40$ which should supply the neck, fretboard and tuners. i'm also looking for a tambourine or hand drum to demolish for cheap. i'll drill the neck into...
  19. A

Sugar Plum Fairy... Nutcracker... check this version out and help me tab it

hey guys, christmas is right around the corner and this version of the ukulele Sugar Plum Fairy from the Nut Cracker is amazing! help me out by pointing me in the right direction... already googled :{}
  20. A

i'm about to go electric folks, suggestions?

ok... I've heard a lot about the Fluke brand but i'm not sold yet.. Really leaning towards the ELEUKE for the MP3 input... Also got my hands on an Ibanez electric, which sounds amazing. The only downside is I already own an Ibanez concert and it's the same shape and feel besides superficial...