Search results

1. richntacoma

Near Mint 1950s Martin Style 2

Only a few days of Chanukah left, and I leave toward the end of next week for a month. So, if you are hoping for an amazing Martin to start the new year with, here ya go :)
  2. richntacoma

Sopranos are like puppies and better! ;-)

Sucks when they crap on the floor...Oh, sopranos don't do that, I guess....
  3. richntacoma

New MB Up for Auction

I mean, to me, spending thousands of dollars on motorcycle is just nuts--they are zero appeal to me. To me. To me. If you buy a$15,000 motorcycles are you throwing money away? No, you are spending your money the way you wish. I am flying first class to Colombia in couple of weeks, and some...
  4. richntacoma

New MB Up for Auction

So, what you are saying, is that it is not worth that much to YOU. Got it! But factually, it is worth that much as people keep buying it for that. Now, that said, I agree with you that it is not worth that much to ME. Frankly, I find MB ukes a bit garish. Does that make them so? Nope, just my...
  5. richntacoma

Thanks Bill. It really is a sweet uke!!! Let me know if you change your mind--I will be in town for 10 days until I am gone for a month, and then, it goes off the market for a while :)
  6. richntacoma

New MB Up for Auction

You are, it seems (and correct me if I am wrong) basing your evaluation on relatively cheap factory ukes? Certainly, not the best instruments for evaluating what a uke is capable of sounding, perhaps?
  7. richntacoma

1920s Winner (Harmony) soprano

I semi regret selling it--its a great little uke. I was the one who bought it from Jake post-set up/repairs, and it is a ton of un.
  8. richntacoma

Kiwaya YKS-10

Takumi distributes (manufactures?) Kiwaya, so I would contact them. I asked them a couple of questions a year or so ago, and they were very responsive. Takumi's website
  9. richntacoma

$1200 entice anyone?
  10. richntacoma

Synergy Instruments Ukuleles -Update

I assume this is to me. It is more than realistic to wish for people to respond to your email, to explain and issue, and say when you are not going to be able to come through. Sorry Bill, but that is business 101. And, to explain off these as start up issues is to deny how many great start...
  11. richntacoma

So, here is the end of this saga. I thought about writing a new thread about it, but I will just keep it here. They finally gave me a refund. The odd things is, they never responded to any of my six or seven emails after their initial "it will go out the end of the week." At first, I...
  12. richntacoma

This is going beyond that, as they have now pretty much ghosted me after initial communication and a very clear timetable that they promised to meet. It is to the point that I have had to cancel my order, and get my bank involved as they just won't respond. I saw those concerns initially, but...
  13. richntacoma

Does anyone have a phone number for either of the Synergy folks? It has been about 8 days since they stopped responding to emails, and I was supposed to get an instrument (which I paid for) from them before international travel (which they knew about).
  14. richntacoma

I have only owned this about two months or less. I bought it from the second owner who described the uke very, very well! "It’s in genuine mint condition—no cracks (repaired or otherwise), scratches, scuffs, finish checking, or dings. Top is perfectly flat, and no fret board shrinkage. Original...
  15. richntacoma

I didn’t break any rules why dele

Anyone still want to defend this poster still?
  16. richntacoma

Is this upgrade worth it??

I think the best suggestion I can make is that when you are ready to buy, start reading the market place here. Many good instruments get offered for very good deals, slightly used and well loved, but reputable members of the forum. Most people here (most), seem to want to create win/wins with...
  17. richntacoma

Sold: Beansprout Baritone 374 Port Orford Cedar and Walnut with K&K pickup - Bump

I frankly think that is well priced! The issue might be the shear number of ukes for sale right now. My sale found itself on page two within a day! Good luck--that is a great looking and sounding uke.