Search results

1. mr moonlight

Anyone with really old strings?

So I'm moving in about a week and as I'm going through all my stuff I unearthed a new set of Aquila Tenor strings. A full standard set plus a low G. I don't use Aquilas anymore so I figured I'll give them away to a needy soul. So if you want them, reply to this thread with the age of your uke...
  2. mr moonlight

Kala Tenor - Solid Cedar Top + Koa Back & Sides + upgrades and case - KA KTG CT

Asking $280 + Shipping. I'm ready to part with my Solid Cedar Top + Koa Back and Sides Kala Tenor sized uke. There are a couple of upgrades. It has Gotoh tuners and a mineralized walrus tusk saddle that total to about $70 extra. Also included is a uke crazy case although the screws came off one...
  3. mr moonlight

I played that song in a music store on a ukulele

I just had to.
  4. mr moonlight

The Mr. Moonlight Uke Sticker Design Contest!!!!

Winner! And the Results are in! Congrats to vickersdc on an excellent sticker! It's off to print. In a couple weeks I'll have them ready to send out. PM me if you would like the winning sticker. I'm charging $1 to send stickers to anyone who wants a few. Just let me know how many. Otherwise...
  5. mr moonlight

VOTE: For the Winner of "The Mr. Moonlight Uke Sticker Design Contest!!!!"

Winner! And the Results are in! Congrats to vickersdc on an excellent sticker! It's off to print. In a couple weeks I'll have them ready to send out. PM me if you would like the winning sticker. I'm charging $1 to send stickers to anyone who wants a few. Just let me know how many. Otherwise...
  6. mr moonlight

I will only be printing the winning sticker. If I get enough requests for one of the runner ups, we can work that out then. It's only around $21 to print a batch or 250, so if there are enough people out there willing to put up the cash for print + postage I'll don't mind sending off another to...
  7. mr moonlight

So after a painstakingly going through all the great entries I put together the runner ups. Mainly based upon what designs will print the best. So Here they are (In alphabetical order) and let the voting begin! In 5 days we will have our winner! Here's the link to the original contest...
  8. mr moonlight

Here's a sticker I did a long while back as another example. It was for my DJ crew in San Francisco and it came out really nice. I converted it from a sketch through rubber stamp in Photoshop. It's good to have high contrast, such as lots of pure blacks and whites.
  9. mr moonlight

These are great! Keep em' coming! Only one thing, Boydellinii, the printer only runs black ink only. So no shades of gray. For example your second to last image will have to converted to just black. Example below of the conversion. In photoshop you can use the "stamp" filter -...
  10. mr moonlight

I was inspired by my post about a printing a uke sticker I designed for myself to create a contest for the best uke sticker. So here's the rules: 1. Design must be 100% original. 2. It must be in only Black and White. Halftone is acceptable if you know how to create one. 3. Final artwork must...
  11. mr moonlight

Uke Sticker

As I said in another thread, I've been thinking about getting one of my uke sticker designs printed for my case. The thing is, I wasn't sure which version of it I want. One that reflects my Japanese heritage or one that everyone can read. So I figured I'd seek the help of all of you. Thanks in...
  12. mr moonlight

Uke = Happiness

So Honolulu has been deemed the happiest place in America. I think this is pretty strong evidence for uke's = happiness. Miami where I live is practically at the bottom and despite having a bar called "The Ukulele Bar" it's a ukulele wasteland. http://www.menshealth.com/best-life/frown-towns
  13. mr moonlight

What's your method for choosing a uke?

This is mainly a question to those who live in uke challenged areas and end up buying sight unseen. I generally go through every online review and try to do as much research as I can on every uke that fits my specs and budget. After countless YouTube videos I finally get my heart set on one...
  14. mr moonlight

Uke Capo

I've been using my old Kaiser trigger style guitar capo for my Ukes but it's cumbersome being a bit big for the smaller fingerboard. Does anyone have a favorite capo they use on their uke's that fits properly?
  15. mr moonlight

Concert Kala Solid Cedar Top + Koa Back & Sides: Model: KA KCG CT +Upgrades

Concert Kala Solid Cedar Top + Koa Back & Sides: Model: KA KCG CT +Upgrades <SOLD> New lower price!! Asking $230 + Shipping. I'm ready to part with my Solid Cedar Top + Koa Back and Sides Kala Concert sized uke. There are a couple of upgrades. It has Gotoh tuners and a mineralized walrus tusk...
  16. mr moonlight

New Uke Day - Ko'olau Tenor

So this just came in the mail. After a few months of waiting my custom Ko'olau Cedar + Koa Tenor has arrived. All I can say is WOW! An absolutely beautiful instrument. As for the sound... very, very impressive. Extremely well balanced with a beautiful clear tone that rings like a bell. You can't...
  17. mr moonlight

Ko'olau vs. Kanile'a tenors

So I'm trying to decide between going with either a Ko'olau or Kanilea'a Tenor. I play a good mix of strumming and fingerpicking styles. Since I live in South Florida where there really are no Ukulele stores, I'm stuck with just listening to sound clips on YouTube to make my decision. Currently...
  18. mr moonlight

UU Marketplace Prices

Just wondering if we could have prices posted in the titles to make it easier to search through the Uke's without going through every post. That way I can avoid drooling over all the Uke's that are way out of my pricerange in my searches adding to UAS :p
  19. mr moonlight

Greetings from Miami Beach

I just started playing ukulele about a month ago and I absolutely love it! I was searching for an instrument that was small enough for my new son to handle and found a new instrument for myself as well. I can't seem to put it down. I already have a second Uke for myself on it's way!