Search results

1. YorkSteve

Season 511 It's Essential!

Well, this one didn't quite end the way it was supposed to - it looks as if we can add superglue manufacturers to the list of essential services. In the meantime, here's a song by The Move from 1968.
  2. YorkSteve

...and that problem with the video has been fixed - thanks Linda!
  3. YorkSteve

519 is yours Joko. And yes, 520 is ten years - I actually thought the first few seasons were longer than a week, but I have gone back and checked, and it all started in early Feb, 2012. So, songs by Ten Years After....?
  4. YorkSteve

That's yours Berni.
  5. YorkSteve

SOTU 510 | Friends & Family

Thanks for hosting Arvin. It gives me a reason to do this one, from the children's film franchise which has probably caused the most tears in this house over the years (me included).
  6. YorkSteve

All yours, Andy!
  7. YorkSteve

Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

I am away for the weekend, so will miss out this week. Assuming Kevin is in charge?
  8. YorkSteve

Season 509 - ‘Water, water everywhere…’

WaterAid is a charity I have supported for many years. They are one of the main organisations linked to the Glastonbury Festival, where I first came across them. When I failed to get a ticket in 2019, I applied to volunteer with them, maybe handing out bottles of water to exhausted moshers. I...
  9. YorkSteve

...and thank you for taking this one.
  10. YorkSteve

season 510 - Nov 21-28 is yours! Thanks for taking it.
  11. YorkSteve

Season #502 - Look What They've Done To My Song Ma!

The postman has just delivered my prize CD. Thanks Jim - listening now, and it makes me want to rush out and join a jug band.
  12. YorkSteve

Season 508 - The French Connection

The debut single from Adam & The Ants.
  13. YorkSteve

Hi Voran - if you are in Ireland, the session still starts at 8.30pm, as your clocks went back last weekend too.
  14. YorkSteve

Looking forward to a week of Half Man Half Biscuit mash-ups.
  15. YorkSteve

Yall, is open mike club the same time tonight? I'm from Ireland, which runs on GMT right now

The time has stayed at 8.30pm London time, which is GMT. If your clocks haven't gone back yet, then the session will be an hour later than it was last week.
  16. YorkSteve

Season 507:Bitter/sweet

This is possibly more bitter than sweet, but I have added a bit of a bounce to the beat, to cheer it up a bit. One from Elvis Costello's "Blood & Chocolate" album.
  17. YorkSteve

Our clocks moved back by an hour overnight, so after last night's discussion, the plan is to keep the time at 8.30pm London time (which is GMT for the next 6 months). This means that for anyone who didn't move their clocks last night, the session on Nov 6th will be an hour later. But then on the...
  18. YorkSteve

It's yours, El Del.
  19. YorkSteve

Yay! Thank you!
  20. YorkSteve

Season 506-Now, THAT'S scary...

I have done this song at least twice before, but it's such a perfect fit... I am going down the same route as Flatbaroque John - it's heights. They never used to bother me. In my youth I went to the top of the Eiffel Tower a couple of times, and always looked for tall buildings which would give...