Search results

1. Dino

FS: Tangi 8-string Tenor

For sale is a Tangi 8-string Tenor. Spruce soundboard, curly maple back and sides. MOP fret markers. Abalone inlay around the sound hole and sound board. Made in 2007. $225 +shipping. I will pay for insurance. Dino Btw, this is cross posted in Hawaii Craigslist...
  2. Dino

Hawaii 43rd Annual Ukulele Festival. Sunday July 21st. 10am to 4 pm.

Who is going to the festival? I'll be there wearing my ukulele underground shirt. I just found out on Sunday that Jake Shimabukuro will be performing at the show. Here is the flyer/poster for the show.
  3. Dino

headstock design

I am in the middle of a build and am working on my headstock. I have the design in mind but would like to see which way others think the orientation looks best. I have the pattern cut out and on top the head stock. I will put this up as a poll. Thanks for your participation!
  4. Dino

Kala 8-string Koa Ukulele with cutaway and pickup<SOLD>

Kala Koa Series Ukulele. Model ka-k8e-c. Koa back and sides, maple binding, chrome diecast tuners and a Shadow transducer pickup and EQ. Satin finish. Mint condition. Hard case included. Asking $250 plus shipping to your location.
  5. Dino

Open Mic @ Paparazzi

Hey Gang, If you got the itch to perform, there is an open mic at Paparrazi at Ward Center. Every sunday from 8-9:30pm. Its a great place if you want to let your creative talents shine. Just another note, the organizers are planning an all Ukulele open mic set for August 14th. Check out...
  6. Dino

2011 Ukulele Festival - practice

Hey, just an FYI for anyone in Honolulu....resident or visitor. The 40th Ukulele festival will be having a practice day at the Waikiki Bandstand this coming Tuesday the 12th appx 5pm. Come by if you want to hear what songs some of the groups and band will be performing on the actual festival day...
  7. Dino

From My Heart by Ka'eo.....my first cover video

What was I thinking????? Lack of sleep????? hahahaha. Sorry if I killed the song. http://www.youtube.com/user/ash97?feature=mhum
  8. Dino

FS: Tangi 8-string Tenor Mahoganney <SOLD>

Made in 2007 (branded inside the body). Mahoganney body. Excellent condition. Comes with case. $200 plus shipping to your area. FYI.....I have this same uke posted on craigslist Hawaii. You can call me if you want. Dino. 1-808-542-2187...
  9. Dino

ukulele festival

Stop by and say HI. I have a tent opposite center stage , middle area, second row of tents.
  10. Dino

email hosting

How about hosting email services. I wouldn't mind paying for an email account dino@ukuleleunderground.com
  11. Dino

For you new members

For you new members and old ones that haven't seen this, Aaron, Rayan and Aldrine had a TV spot here in Hawaii on a show called Brown Bags to Stardom. Came out in 2008. Wow! 2 years old. Check it out. Neat stuff! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz-rvLo7vg8
  12. Dino

Pono Koa Concert PKC-2

Selling this to fund purchase of another Tenor ukulele. Pono ukulele's are no longer made in Koa. So this is a pretty nice piece to have. This uke has Ebony binding, Rope Rosette, MOP around the sound hole, Grover tuners, & Undersaddle pickup. Only thing, is there is a scratch on the back...
  13. Dino

Acaboe

Hey UU, For those of you who know Acaboe....aka Bob. He sends a big HI to all the UU members. I ran into him this past Chirstmas at Honolulu Hale. He is currently a Security guard there. He hasn't played ukulele in a while, and has stopped building. He still lives in Waianae. The reason...
  14. Dino

Link to Homepage

How about putting up a link to send you back to the main page and even link the logo to that. Sometimes I go directly to read forums, but gotta type again to go to the front page. A link would be quicker.
  15. Dino

Blackford "Tangi" Tully

Hey Gang, I texted with Tangi today. Actually, I called his phone and maybe expected to talk to his wife or someone else, but guess who answered????? Tangi himself. A little hard to understand but by the tone of the voice I could just about understand him enough to tell him I would text...
  16. Dino

Tangi Ukulele Website

Tangi has his new ukulele website up. http://www.tangiukulele.com/Home_Page.html
  17. Dino

Oahu Get Together Friday Sept. 18th

Outside of Starbucks/Jamba Juice at corner of Ward & Auahi. 5:30 ish. Come cruise, jam, talk story. Bring your instrument and some paper (sheet music). This way we can play each others songs. All skill levels. Just plain ole fun.
  18. Dino

$100 Tangi Koa Soprano Ukuleles

I don't how many Tangi has but if you are looking for a Koa uke. This is the time to buy....besides Tangi is hit with hard times in this slow economy. http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/msg/1368397510.html
  19. Dino

ATTENTION: Stolen Ukulele

A classroom at a Hawaii local school called Hale Kula Elementary was broken into over the past weekend. It is located on Schofield Barracks military base. Amongst the many items stolen were 25 Kamaka Ukulele. The ukuleles had Hale Kula hand written on the Headstocks and the school name stamped...
  20. Dino

Look what I bought....

First off, I have to thank Ahnko Honu for one of these. He edumacated me on what a Nalo uke is really. For those of you who don't know, Nalo ukes are made by Kanile'a Ukulele. Same quality, different label. Thanks Ahnko Honu! Anyway, the one on the left is a Keli'i Koa Concert made in 2001...