Search results

1. Harry122

Season 365 - Aloha!

The Rules: • All songs this Season must be about Hawaii, or an aspect of Hawaii, or written by a Hawaiian, or popularized by a Hawaiian. • Originals are encouraged! • Your song must be newly-recorded and exclusively for Season 365. • Don’t post any videos that are not entries – put those things...
  2. Harry122

Season 358: The 1930s!

This is what I really want for the holidays - awesome 1930s songs from the Seasonistas! Remember, there's still a whole lot of celebrating to do over on Geoff's thread! Playlist
  3. Harry122

Season 350: Seasonista Originals

Season 350: Seasonista Originals For this Season, we will celebrate original songs written by Seasonistas. Let’s use this Season as an opportunity to celebrate our songwriting friends and discover some amazing songs. There is a list of originals written by some talented Seasonistas IN THIS...
  4. Harry122

Do You Have A Playlist Of Your Original Songs?

For those who write songs, do you have a YouTube playlist of your originals? I'd love to be able to go through them and enjoy some of your terrific stuff. I thought of this just now as I was listening through Pa's amazing playlist. I thought, "Wouldn't it be nice to have a central location...
  5. Harry122

Season 332: The Alphabet

Season 332: The Alphabet Seasonsistas have an encyclopedic knowledge of songs, from A to Z. I want y’all to demonstrate that! For your first song, choose a song title starting with the letter “A.” For the next song, choose a song title starting with the letter “B.” Then C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J...
  6. Harry122

Hey UU Mods & Techs

This week's outage made me realize just how integral to my life these forums have become. Thanks for all you do to keep me in touch and playing with some of the best people I've ever known. UU rocks.
  7. Harry122

Season 320: You Ain't Heard Nothing Yet

Season 320: You Ain’t Heard Nothing Yet! For Season 320, I want to hear songs with the word “ain’t” in the title or in the lyrics. Covers and originals are all welcome! The Rules: • Your song must be newly-recorded and exclusively for Season 320. • Don’t post any videos that are not entries –...
  8. Harry122

Season 314: And The Nominees Are...

We've patiently (and impatiently) waited on the beginning of the last couple of Seasons. I thought I'd make it up a bit by introducing Season 314 a little early. Don't forget that Season 313's Seven Year Celebration, hosted by my favorite superhero, continues all day Sunday. In just two...
  9. Harry122

Season 305: Holiday Extravaganza!

The Rules: • Your song must be newly-recorded for Season 305. • Don’t post any videos that are not entries – put those things on the Island. • The video must say it’s for Season 305, either written or verbalized. • No Song Limit! • Multitracking is fine, but the ukulele must be prominent. • The...
  10. Harry122

Mile of Music

Mile of Music is a huge music festival in NorthEast Wisconsin, started by Corey Chisel and others. My group is one of the featured acts this year! Forté and the Pianissimos
  11. Harry122

Season 280: Before The Breathin’ Air Is Gone

As many of you know, I serve on the Board of Directors at a local environmental center, and I have been active in ecology and nature most of my life. Let's do some songs about Nature this Season. Don't forget that Season 279 continues through Sunday! The Rules: • Your song must be...
  12. Harry122

Season 269 - Cowboy Songs

Season 269: Cowboy Songs The Rules: Your song must be newly-recorded for Season 269. Don’t post any videos that are not entries – put those things on the Island. The video must say it’s for Season 269, either written or verbalized. No Song Limit! Multitracking is fine, but the ukulele must be...
  13. Harry122

Season 244 - The Greatest Song Ever!

Season 244: The Greatest Song Ever! We all have favorite songs, songs that we consider the “greatest song ever.” That’s what I want to hear this week – the song that you consider to be the greatest song ever written. It does not necessarily have to be the song that you can play or sing the...
  14. Harry122

Season 226 - It's About Time!

It’s About Time! Welcome to Season 226! This Season is all about the passage of time. Your song’s theme should be about time passing, of changes over time, of memories, or even about time standing still. The song may or may not have the word “time” in it, it’s not a requirement. The references...
  15. Harry122

Season 210 - For The Kids

Season 210: For the Kids Ukuleles and children go together like peanut butter and jelly! For this Season, let’s do songs for kids! Perform as if you were performing for children, or maybe even invite some children in on the recording session! The Rules: Your song must be newly-recorded for this...
  16. Harry122

Season 193: Harry’s Halloween Hootenanny!

Just a tad earlier than usual, I need to be out for a while tonight. Happy Halloween! Season 193: Harry’s Halloween Hootenanny! Trick or Treat season is upon us! This week, let’s do songs fit for Halloween! Use your imagination! The Thornton Rule applies so if you think your song could be a...
  17. Harry122

Season 184 - Instrumentals

Season 184 - Instrumentals! We haven't done an Instrumentals Season in a long, long, time. So let's do! Popular music is full of wonderful instrumentals. Some of my favorites include: Misirlou - Classical Gas - Tequila - American Patrol - Green Onions - Peaches En Regalia - Axel F - The Good...
  18. Harry122

Season 174 - Silly Love Songs

This week, on June 18th, is Paul McCartney’s 73rd birthday! Let’s give him a Seasonista birthday gift and celebrate this amazing artist. Paul McCartney is inarguably one of the most important songwriters in history. His portfolio includes rock, pop, electronica, country, Dixieland and much...
  19. Harry122

Season 161 of the Ukulele: Novelty Songs

Season 161 – Novelty Songs! We all enjoy novelty songs, whether it’s a crude tune like Benny Bell’s “Shaving Cream” or a parody like Weird Al’s “Yoda.” Wikipedia defines novelty songs as “comical or nonsensical songs, performed principally for their comical effect.” This week, we’ll be doing...
  20. Harry122

North East Wisconsin Uke Club - May the Fourth Be With Uke!

The N.E.W. Ukes will be getting together on Sunday, May 4th, at 3:30pm. We'll be meeting at the 1000 Island Environmental Center, 1000 Beaulieu Court, Kaukauna, Wisconsin. If you're interested, there's more information on our Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/NewUkes