Search results

1. choan

Invocation

A sort of ukulele prayer. Score this way.
  2. choan

Evanescence

This one was born out of what was going to be "just another travis picking study". Evanescence. Score.
  3. choan

Common Blue, played by Samantha Muir

I wrote a new minimalistic piece in open tuning (low G, Bb, D, Bb) and Samantha Muir has been kind enough as to publish a fabulous rendition of it. Check Common Blue. Tablature available from The Ukulele Bookshop.
  4. choan

Lost and Found

The tragic story of a missing music notebook and the happiness of finally finding it put into music. This is Lost and Found.
  5. choan

Tomato-and-spoon, original ukulele waltz

Hi all! Here is my latest ukulele waltz, Tomato-and-spoon. Hope you like it. Tabs available at my Patreon site.
  6. choan

To the Good Times

A toast for a better future? A longing sigh for happier past times? Score available.
  7. choan

Treat Her Kindly

A soft piece to remind both player and listener to do goodness and treat her (and everybody) kindly. Score available from The Ukulele Bookshop
  8. choan

The Climber's, brand new waltz

9. choan

A meditative tune with an open tuning

In one of my recent ukulele recitals I performed a piece by Sam Muir that required a peculilar open tuning in G minor--low G, Bb, D, Bb. I thought it'd be nice to have another piece in catalog using the same tuning and Awaiting the Rain was born. Hope you enjoy it. This one is also available...
  10. choan

I keep writing waltzes: A Peaceful Ride

Here is a new original waltz, inspired by my little lady riding her new bike--without training wheels! Hope you like it. Tabs available on my Patreon site.
  11. choan

Pecoro's Waltz

Here's a brand new jazz waltz for ukulele, dedicated to my friend Pecoro. Hope you like it!
  12. choan

An Evening of Ukulele Waltzes with Choan Galvez

Fancy a waltz? On Saturday, May, 8th, I (that is, Choan Galvez) will be streaming a live ukulele concert full of waltzes hosted on Bandcamp. The program includes my Waltz in Progress collection, and also pieces by Ernest Ka'ai, Roy Smeck, Dionisio Aguado, and some surprises. Timing Concert...
  13. choan

New waltz and new book

Hi all! I've just completed the video release of my original waltzes for ukulele project, Waltz in Progress. Here's the last from the batch, [B]Julian's[\B], hope you'll enjoy it! The tablatures for all 12 waltzes are now available as a book, published by The Ukulele Bookshop. Here's an...
  14. choan

New ukulele studies book

Hi all. I'd like to let you know about my new ukulele book, 50 Miniature Studies for Ukulele, a collection of short pieces written to develop musicianship and a variety of fingerpicking abilities. It's available both in print and digital editions from The Ukulele Bookshop. A playlist...
  15. choan

Waltz in Progress, Vol. 2

I'm back to a regular waltz schedule! This is Cat's, the seventh instalment from Waltz in Progress and the first one from the second volume. Plenty of sliding up and down, fun to play and, I hope, to listen. Enjoy!
  16. choan

The 50 Miniature Studies for Ukulele book now available

Hi all, You may remember that some time ago I was busy recording a bunch of short videos like this or this Finally, all those 50 Miniature Studies for Ukulele have been compiled in a book published by The Ukulele Bookshop, available both in print and digital editions. Hope you'll...
  17. choan

Ukes2dies No. 5: La l

Ukes2dies No. 5: La livida lavanda It's been almost a year since I recorded the fourth duet of a series that should have been complete by Summer, 2020. It's time to get back to work, even if that has to be in the form of remote collaborations. This is La livida lavanda, played with my friend...
  18. choan

Sitting by the Fountain, a romantic style waltz

Let me introduce Sitting by the Fountain, a piece I wrote as a tribute to the 19th century guitar music I love so much. Score is available from The Ukulele Bookshop.
  19. choan

The Christmas Song (Chestnuts...) played on baritone ukulele

I've been working for some time on an arrangement of The Christmas Song (1945) written by Robert Wells and Mel Torm
  20. choan

Speak Low (1943) arranged for solo ukulele

I've recorded my rendition of Kurt Weill's Speak Low after many years of having it in my repertoire. Transcription available (and also playable as is on reentrant ukulele).