Search results

1. deadpool

Sea Shanties

Was not sure where to post this so I put it here.... I am new to the whole sea shanty genre and pretty new to the uke. I've been A/Bing the uke and the guitar on a few of these songs and some questions have come into my feeble mind. I know most of the shanties are sung without accompanying...
  2. deadpool

WTB Outdoor Soprano

I live down the street from the factory, so if no one has a good deal on one, I'll just get one there. But, would like to save some $$$ if I can. Thanks!
  3. deadpool

Too Many Instruments

As the OP I agree with this. I was hoping to get only a few replies as to why I should continue to play ukulele vs mandolin, dobro, etc. But it seems the thread has taken on a life of it's own with its various tangents and all.
  4. deadpool

Too Many Instruments

So, are you proposing I buy yours or you want to buy mine? At this point mine is not on the market. It is a Kensington. Value approximates $3000. I'm in Oregon
  5. deadpool

Too Many Instruments

Thanks so much for all the replies. At this time, I don't plan on any kind of liquidation plan (sorry Mike and Besely). I enjoy playing all of the various instruments, just don't have enough time to do justice to any of them. I have put the dobros on hiatus until further notice. I've put two...
  6. deadpool

Too Many Instruments

I forgot to mention that I am compiling a list of plus/minus for each of those instruments. I will use info provided here to help with it. I like all kinds of music. I'm the least proficient on the Dobro, although I have everything memorized on it. All bluegrass on it which is not my...
  7. deadpool

Too Many Instruments

Currently I play Guitar, Mandolin, Dobro (square neck), Ukulele (all low G Tenor), and Anglo Concertina-none well. I've played guitar for 20+ years so it is not on the block, so to speak. Of the others, I need to eliminate at least one. I don't have a special attachment to any of them. I...
  8. deadpool

World Wide Uke Builders List

Outdoor Ukulele Bend, OR www.outdoorukulele.com
  9. deadpool

Uke over Guitar

I won't bore you all with my "no talent-just a hack" story of my musical journey. Suffice it to say I'm old and my guitar chops (what little I had) are suffering from flexibility issues in my fretting hand so, although I love the guitar, the shorter scale on the uke and mandolin have resulted...
  10. deadpool

Seeking feedback on Videos of Hawaiian and Pop Culture Players

uhh, George Harrison......
  11. deadpool

Do you "name" your ukulele?

Exactly!! Naming musical instruments, (unless you're BB King) is for wankers (tongue firmly in cheek)
  12. deadpool

Is the Ukulele Underappreciated

What do you think in general? Do non-uke players think of the uke as a toy? I guess my observations start with Tiny Tim and tip toe through the tulips. That has certainly not engendered our instrument in a lot of baby boomers minds-that's for sure. I started on the ukulele about 10 years...
  13. deadpool

Islander AT-4 For Sale

Islander acacia tenor in nice shape for sale. Currently strung in low G with Fremont Blackline strings. Comes with a gig bag. $100 plus $25 shipping. I have too many ukes-need to downsize a bit, so this is available. Thanks for looking.
  14. deadpool

Belize Trip - Humidity

I'm about to take a trip to Belize (Ambergris Cay). I plan to take a ukulele along. The humidity there is off the charts high, even with a de-humidifier in the room. I can take an all laminate (I have 2) or a solid top -laminate back and sides. I would prefer to take the solid top, but worry...
  15. deadpool

NUD-Pono AT-CR Tenor

My brand spanking new Pono arrived yesterday from The Ukulele Site. Set up was spot on; I had them set it up with a low G string. Playability is exceptional. It is a really well constructed instrument. No excess glue or anything in the interior. Cosmetically it appears flawless. I do have...
  16. deadpool

Why is it called "re-entrant"?

So, it's gCEA. Or "high G". Then there's low G. So, why is high G called re-entrant? Where did this term come from? Inquiring minds want to know....... Thanks!
  17. deadpool

Which Mahogany Tenor

So, what do you think? Mainland, Kala, Ohana, Pono or ??? Thanks
  18. deadpool

I'm Hopeless! (Maybe I should give up)

Monitors-Please delete this thread
  19. deadpool

High G or low G for fingerpicking?

As a guitar finger picker, it seems more logical to go with low G, but curious as to popular opinion....
  20. deadpool

New guy......sort of

Greetings All, I’ve been a member for some time, but drifted away from here and the ukulele several years ago. I’ve started up once again and seem to be starting from square one, so thought I’d reintroduce myself. First to clarify my username. I did an online quiz a long time ago that said my...