Search results

1. wee_ginga_yin

MacPherson's Rant

MacPherson's Rant - Justice never arrived Based on a true story of a Scottish gypsy Jamie MacPherson
  2. wee_ginga_yin

Little black buzzer

A ivor Cutler song.
  3. wee_ginga_yin

Songs of praise

A Krabbers song.
  4. wee_ginga_yin

Me and Grandad's mates

Mike Harding a multi instrumentalist and wrote some very funny poems like Ackroyd's Funeral But he also had his serious side and Me and my Grandad's mates is one of his best. Words at http://www.mikeharding.co.uk/books/poetry/poems/me-and-grandads-mates/
  5. wee_ginga_yin

Contagious Song

A couple of verses from a Spike Milligan poem that I put a little melody to They say Spike was the inspiration for the Pythons, but before he was on TV He Was a star on the radio show the goons together with Peter Sellers.
  6. wee_ginga_yin

Little Bird

RIP David Olney
  7. wee_ginga_yin

Have yourself a merry little Christmas

A song from the movie "Meet me in Saint Louis" which was performed by Judy Garland
  8. wee_ginga_yin

Peace and Goodwill

The Promise of Christmas was Peace and goodwill towards all men. I wrote this song a few years ago, and what with isolation and social distancing it seems to have taken on a new relevance due to the separation that exists between families and communities.
  9. wee_ginga_yin

Both side of the Tweed

Both side of the Tweed a Dick Gaughan song. A plea for friendship and honour unite and flourish on both sides of the Tweed the river that separates Scotland an England.
  10. wee_ginga_yin

Better times will come

So I had to give it a go.
  11. wee_ginga_yin

Down by the riverside in a minor key

A spiritual done in a minor key.
  12. wee_ginga_yin

Roll Jordan Roll

Roll Jordan Roll a spiritual from the movie 12 years a slave
  13. wee_ginga_yin

Frida Kahlo's visit to the Taybridge Bar

Frida Kahlo visits the Taybridge Bar a song by Scottish songwriter Michael Marra It has all the element of a folk tale. Drunken husband, abused wife who appears as a ghost in the Taybridge Bar in Scotland, which is a waiting room for those who can't get into heaven cos the pearly gates are...
  14. wee_ginga_yin

The great Silkie of Sule Skerry

The Great Silkie of the Sule Skerry if you want a treat listen to the spine tingling version by The Corries They also give some background information on the mythical Silkie
  15. wee_ginga_yin

Slow

Getting old slows you down, but that is not a bad thing. A Leonard Cohen song with a joke at the end.
  16. wee_ginga_yin

The devil and the deep blue sea

A Mr Harrison song
  17. wee_ginga_yin

The hour that the ship comes in

A old Dylan classic dealing with political shipwreck.
  18. wee_ginga_yin

The Wolves

The creative process: A sequence The Wolves by Mandolin Orange 1. Read about a song by Mandolin Orange and how it affected someone. 2. Listened to the song and thought it was about a pioneer woman's struggles. 3. Got the idea that the woman in question was the statue of Liberty. 4. Understood...
  19. wee_ginga_yin

2468 motorway

A song with 2 numerical sequences mentioned in it... given a slow roasting.
  20. wee_ginga_yin

Psalm 6:16-19

Psalm 6:16-19 The Mountain Goats were famous for taking bible passages and making song from them, so I took a sequence of verses from the old testament and made up this song for the US presidential election.