Search results

1. W

ammoon ukulele?

IHas anyone heard of this brand or tried their ukes? I found them online recently and they look too nice for their low price, and you know what they say , you get what you pay for. All I could find on them was that the company was started Feb 23 2016 so they are a brand new company, Im guess...
  2. W

hello again

Im not a new member but an old returning one, been several years since ive been on the board. Been very busy dealing with illness and life with no time for much else if you know what I mean, but I miss UU and a friend sent me a contest invite so I thought I'd drop in. not sure Im up to much more...
  3. W

Soft kitty

my version of 'soft kitty' on my hello kitty ukulele, complete with soft kitty! but she was a pest and kept batting at my dongle! special thanks to MMstan for making this video possible <3
  4. W

Somebody I used to know , Gotye instrumental cover by Sungha Jung

I know this one has probly been done to death, but I thought this was realy a fantasitc performance, with the golpe and all. Enjoy.
  5. W

Electric uke rock

Aloha all. long time since I've been on the board. been so busy dealing with family and health matters , a summer romance and trying to put my band back together. Those efforts all being rather wasted, but I'm still making uke videos and trying to expand my musical horizons. so here is my...
  6. W

queens of the stoneage

brought to you by the pianokazoolele kid love this
  7. W

Ukeeku.com Going Acoustic Video Challenge

ah this is a fantastic guess, of the shot of me in the palm hat, but not the one! heehee! ok to make it easier here is a photo from Hawaii with a clue in it...
  8. W

Ultraman, what the heck??

:confused: everybody is coming out with a ukulele video it seems :cool:
  9. W

Weird Ukulele Of The Week?..."Death Ukulele"

Ive seen that one, i love 'goth' ukes heehee this is my favorite: and this! http://www.tikiking.com/skull_fluke.html I wnated to get this when it was onsale on amazon but ti was sold out :( http://www.musicexpress.com.au/mexpress/U60SK.html but my bassist did order this one for me for...
  10. W

please can you help me identify these ukes?

top photo shows a bit of the bottom where soem fo the finished chipped away. with the naked eye I thought it was the reminance of gold paint, what I thought was gold pain is actualy the incredible iriridecence of the bare wood under all that bad finish! I chipped a bit of finish that was coming...
  11. W

sorry I did not get photos up sooner Ive been soooo busy but here they are, some Ive taken with my camera through my loop to get closer shots. drat I just realised most of the pohotos got deleted of my camerA! :( well here are what I have soem doen with my loop for close up
  12. W

Six Seasons of the Ukulele Contest starting Feb 5 2012

that is awsome Christian! I am going out for some more supplies today for uke wall hangers as runner up prizes for the contest. Winners can choose to receive them unfinished , varnished wood, or hand painted by me with your custom art suggestion or one of my designs. here is a sample photo of...
  13. W

10 Reasons why ukulele is the perfect instrument

I found this great blog post :) http://ukulelereview.com/2008/01/04/10-reasons-why-the-ukulele-is-the-perfect-instrument/ what are your 10 reasons?
  14. W

Iwao - wonderful artist from Japan

I just love this arangement of Lei Pikake check out his other videos too , great stuff on his channel http://www.youtube.com/user/iwaohappy?feature=watch
  15. W

Happy family member!

$30? thats it? :iwant: actualy I have been practicing drawing faces and expressions on my ukes in preparation for a new series of videos, with lots of fun and humor. I am putting togther a cast of ukulele characters and will be starting the story board phase soon. Ive got several stories for...
  16. W

Ka Pua U'i Israel Kamakawiwo'ole cover

Aloha `ukulele ohana! Here is a video I had started working on last summer and never got to finish, what with hurricanes and homelessness and all. Since there is such a thing as Christmas in July I figured it was high time for a little July at Christmas time. So to fight the mid winter...
  17. W

spambot??

if you look at the posts, they are to many old threads , and thier posts are general about the same thing, and thier posts are duplicated word for word. and no introduction. looks like its been key to respond to certain texts about medical stuff. here is the profile...
  18. W

Ukulele Holidays

I saw this and was wondering http://voices.yahoo.com/world-play-ukulele-day-8466305.html?cat=33 are there any other ukulele dedicated holidays such as a ukulele month? (as there is for guitar)
  19. W

Help Identifying a ULO: Uke-Like Object

it is just like my red uke! my bassist found it in a dumpster with only 4 tuners on it and metal strings . I recut the nut for 4 made a bridge , put uke strings on it using 4 holes of the tailpiece. i also leveld the highr frets I think. I love it , it the loudest 'uke' ive played too...
  20. W

I tryed finding a similar uke in the Harmony line but couldnt find anything so I was just looking at ukuleles from 1910 & '20's in general. I found one that looks very similar to the uke from the display case , link here...