Search results

1. Jimmy

Constellations - Darwin Deez Cover

This is me and and my friend's cover of Darwin Deez's Constellations on our new channel, that would be me on the left :) We're going to do more videos soon when we're not so busy with school. Tell us what you think!
  2. Jimmy

Irish International Ukulele Festival in August!‏

Ukulele Underground, I am happy to announce the Irish International Ukulele Festival! The line up of international acts from Belgium, Holland, Scotland, Mississippi and of couse Ireland are some of the best. The extremely talented bunch of musicians are coming to Dublin to mark the 130th...
  3. Jimmy

Uke Ireland

UkeIreland.com The Uke Ireland website is up. It features lots of Irish ukulele news and is the home of the Ukuhooley, Ireland's finest ukulele club. It links to Charlie Connely's Ukulele-Ireland blog, has a gallery of the members of the Ukuhooley, a links section and its own forum. Go on and...
  4. Jimmy

The Aquinas Ukulele Club thanks you!

I came in the door today, picked up the post and saw a small brown envelope. I looked at the upper left-hand corner and noticed it came from Hawaii. My free Ukulele Underground stickers arrived! I was pretty excited as I opened them. Thanks very much you guys in charge of the UU for the swag...
  5. Jimmy

Teaching Ukulele?

I've been playing the ukulele for a bit over a year now, and I would consider an amateur, seeing as I'm not bad but I have a long way to go. I'm starting a club in school, though, and 2 of my 3 members (not including me) have just started playing. I think they want me to teach them some basics...
  6. Jimmy

How often do you practice?

My friends (a lot of them play guitar) and I were discussing how much we practice. I said I try to get maybe an hour or so every day. One of my friend said she practices half an hour every other day, and another of my friend said he liked to practice 2 or 3 hours every day. My question is how...
  7. Jimmy

Uke-Off: Jimmy vs. uke142464, While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Ladies and gentlemen, it looks like we've got ourselves a UKE-OFF! Here's my version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps, and uke142464, show me what you've got!
  8. Jimmy

Twinkies.

Okay, I live in a distant land. In the good ol' USA, apparently there's a food item called "Twinkies". What is a twinky? Are they good? I must know.
  9. Jimmy

I want to do this dance.

Dear Lord, how awesome is this dance? I only have a passing interest in Scooter. I like them, but wouldn't buy any of their albums. But wow, isn't this dance super spectacular? Tryed teaching this to myself, didn't quite work out. How sad. Would anyone like to make a tutorial? :rofl:
  10. Jimmy

Is it wrong to laugh at this?

Recently I've been watching a few videos by this guy... I'm not sure what you're supposed to react at it. Look at what I mean.
  11. Jimmy

Trebalo Picking

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how exactly do you do tremalo on the ukulele? I can't do it with my fingers, or at least I don't think I can. In this video there's some impressive finger picking going on. I'd just like to know how you're supposed to do it. I can only do it (badly) with...
  12. Jimmy

Life On Mars?

This is one of my favourite songs, ever. And the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain did a cover of it. Does anyone know how to play this? I'd love to learn it.
  13. Jimmy

Steam

So yeah, here's a thread for STEAM. Basically, it's a PC games service. It's pretty sweet, I got my account originally for the Orange Box. If you have it, my name is Dinoshaur. (Don't ask) If you play it and you're up for a game online, I have: Team Fortress 2 Half-Life 2: Deathmatch...
  14. Jimmy

Last.fm

I recently joined this Last.fm thing, basically it's a plugin for your computer music player (Winamp, iTunes, WMP etc.). Then as you listen it'll tell people what you're listening to or what you've listened to on your Last.fm profile! It's delightfully simple for logging what you've listened to...