Search results

1. connor013

FS/FT Pono Baritone Nui (BN-2) Mahogany

Good Afternoon, UU. After a few weeks of deliberation — seven, in case anyone really wants to know — I've decided to sell my Pono Baritone Nui. I thought I had UAS pretty much figured until these came around, and although it gave my Favilla baritone a good run for its money, I think (read...
  2. connor013

FS: Kala Tenor Guitar

Aloha, UU! Happy 2017 to all. For your consideration I offer my Kala tenor guitar: It's a fun instrument in excellent shape, but I reach for my Favilla baritone more often, and my wife doesn't particularly care for the steel string sound. So... Here are the specs: Solid spruce top...
  3. connor013

FT: Kepasa Madeira

Aloha, UU. Up for trade is my 2010 Kepasa Madeira, (#074), built by Kevin Crossett in Middlesex, VT. (His site is worth checking out for the eye candy and his thoughts on building: http://kepasaukulele.com/soprano.htm) This soprano has a mahogany body, a Spanish cedar neck, ebony fretboard...
  4. connor013

FS: Ohana SK-21

I purchased this a while back to take its measurements to use in my own sopranino build. I've got the numbers, so it's time to pass this little guy on. This is a little dynamo of a uke: what it lacks in size it makes up for in pluck (second pun of the night -- alright!). It's solid mahogany...
  5. connor013

FS: Kiwaya KS-1

After much fretting about -- pun! -- I've decided to sell my simple and beautiful Kiwaya KS-1. It's Kiwaya's basic model, but its build and its tone belies its name. It's clean and light and well balanced, its note separation is excellent, and it has bark if you want it. Really, it's...
  6. connor013

Ohana SK-21 Versatility

I picked up an SK-21 on the marketplace a while back, and I'm impressed with the range of tunings this little guy will accept, so here's a quick take of the same sample in C, D, and E. (No capo necessary; the scale is short enough that, even at E, the tension doesn't feel that tight. The strings...
  7. connor013

NUD: Kepasa Madeira

Best pre-blizzard purchase ever! This little guy is a 2010 small-bodied soprano made by VT luthier Kevin Crossett: http://kepasaukulele.com/soprano.htm It's solid mahogany throughout with considerably more bling than I'm used to. A bunch of cool things to note: This uke has a 14" scale...
  8. connor013

Loprinzi tenor w/case on ebay

I have no horse in this race, but this strikes me as a pretty sweet deal: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Augustino-LoPrinzi-Model-A-Mahogany-Tenor-Ukulele-with-case-/141558028602?ssPageName=ADME:SS:SS:US:3160 I had the mahogany version of this way back when, and it was a great player, really cleanly...
  9. connor013

FS: Boat Paddle M-Style Baritone

It's with reluctance I offer this 2010 Boat Paddle M-Style baritone for sale. It is quite simply the nicest baritone I've ever played. Here are the specs: Spruce top Walnut back, sides, and headstock veneer Ebony fretboard and bridge 20.25" scale BP pin nut Here's Boat Paddle's website, for...
  10. connor013

FS: Wishnevsky Tenor Guitar

And now for something completely different! This Wishnevsky tenor guitar has a Western red cedar top, black walnut back and sides, three piece (adjustable) neck, slot-esque headstock, and a great, old-school tone: https://soundcloud.com/user92796094/wishnevsky-tenor-cfad-2 It has a 25.5"...
  11. connor013

Boat Paddle Customer Service (and Review)

I was lucky in a recent trade to acquire a 2010 spruce/walnut Boat Paddle baritone. (Forgive the horrible iPad pics!) When I received it I switched the strings to a re-entrant set, and a buzzing came up in a couple of different spots. (NB: this in no way should impugn the UU member with whom...
  12. connor013

FS: Mainland Mahogany Tenor

This is a new -- minus my half hour of goofing -- Mainland Mahogany tenor. It has a gloss finish, gold geared tuners, and ebony buttons. It's strung with Aquilas. It came straight from Mike at Mainland Ukes, which means two things: 1. It is well set up. 2. It was one of the prizes in the...
  13. connor013

FS: National Mahogany Resonator Concert

I bought this uke about six months ago as part of a plan to have a well-rounded collection in terms of sound (Bruko soprano, National concert, KoAloha 6-string tenor, Airline baritone -- not bad, right?), but now it's time to break that collection down. Here are the basic specs, courtesey of...
  14. connor013

FS: KoAloha Imaikalani 6-string Tenor

So after spending months chasing one of these down, I am putting up my Koaloha six string for sale. This is a 2010 model, which means it has the cool bow tie bridge. You can find all the specs here, with a nice (albeit short) review from HMS...
  15. connor013

FS: Timms 0

This is a sort of backwards way to begin a FS post, but please know I've gushed about this uke often, and in my enthusiasm have reviewed it twice: http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?76350-Ken-Timms-Soprano and http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?91209-Timms-0 So...
  16. connor013

FS: Pono MB (2nd)

An exciting NUD is in the works for me, so it's time to re-home this Pono MB. Basic Specs: Mahogany top, back, and sides Rosewood fretboard, bridge, and headplate Bone nut and saddle Rope rosette Geared tuners Satin finish If you like understated and classy, then this is it. This uke...
  17. connor013

Wishnevsky Tenor Guitar

Aloha and Happy Holidays, UU! My larger scale ukes seem to demand more and more of my attention these days. With that in mind, I present the following review as a really, really big baritone. This is my red cedar/walnut Wishnevsky tenor (guitar): Here's the buider's site...
  18. connor013

Timms 0

There seems to be much love for Ken Timms' Martin reproductions these days, and no wonder. I've had mine for about a year, have played it hard and often, and have only one (lame) complaint. But first here're some pics: The pluses for this uke are many, but here are the obvious ones: Light...
  19. connor013

Guadalupe Strings

This is long overdue, but a couple of months ago I ordered some Guadalupe strings for my Pono MB. For those who don't know, Guadalupe strings are a combination of nylon wound trebles and metal wound basses. They're made in CA, and are -- if I understand correctly -- wound by hand, one string at...
  20. connor013

Harmony Tenor Guitar

Hey UU, I have a 1950/60s Harmony H1201 Tenor Guitar I'd like to re-home. It has a spruce top, mahogany back and sides, and is generally awesome. This one's been done over: neck reset, bridge reset (with new bridge plate), fret level and dressing, and overspray. It has nice action and plays...