Search results

1. Ukester Brown

Kick Starter CD project

I don't know how many of you heard Rachel Manke on Prairie Home Companion a couple weeks ago, but she was great. SHe has a CD project in the works and is doing some fund raising with Kick Starter. Think of it as pre-ordering a CD. It works great. When you see her Kick Starter page she has a...
  2. Ukester Brown

Clip on pick-up?

I read most (OK I'm lazy) of the thread on amplification. I read about the "sticky bugs" , but I'm wondering about these clip on pickups I see for sale. There are several companies such as Cherub. Some clip on/near the sound hole and it looks like some clip on the headstock like a tuner. I...
  3. Ukester Brown

February 23rd Twin Cities Minnesota

Cabin Fever Ukulele Escape! Read about it here.
  4. Ukester Brown

Matt Dahlberg at Island Bazaar

I was on vacation in California and visiting the uke club in Huntington Beach at the Island Bazaar uke store and there were a few visitors that showed up who were at NAMM. Here is a video of Matt Dahlberg:
  5. Ukester Brown

I tinker a bit

I thought you might like to see the cigar box uke "I built" with a Mainland neck. I used a sharpie for the "Ukester Brown" logo. Then I had to have a case so I used bags from a coffee shop and put in a quilted lining. It says "Bold Standard" on both sides of the bag. My wife helped me a bit- but...
  6. Ukester Brown

I tinker a bit

Maybe this goes under the luthier spot, but I'm no luthier. I thought you might like to see the cigar box uke "I built" with a Mainland neck. Then I had to have a case so I used bags from a coffee shop and put in a quilted lining. It say's "Bold Choice" on both sides of the bag. My wife helped...
  7. Ukester Brown

Maccaferri Islanders

Many of you know I have a love of Maccaferri Islander Ukuleles. As my web page on them grows I am slowing getting a photo album of sorts of these ukes. If you have one, especially one with an unusual or cool colored back I'd appreciate a photo of it. I'd give you credit for the photo as owner of...
  8. Ukester Brown

La Crosse, WI -- January, 28th

http://lacrossetribune.com/news/article_c00f9a62-13b6-11e0-bb61-001cc4c002e0.html I don't know too much about this, but I think it is happening so fast it may be flying under a lot of radar. I hope I am not out of line letting people know about what will probably be a very cool event-----
  9. Ukester Brown

White Christmas (with original intro)

I recorded it on a snow stormy day in Minnesota when I wished I was somewhere warm.....
  10. Ukester Brown

A Wink and a Smile

This is a fun song and I created an easy arrangement. Practice sheet at my website-
  11. Ukester Brown

Video with Flip Camera

Until now all of my videos have been shot with the built in camera in my Mac- sometimes using a Snowball mic. This video is the first one with my new Flip camera. It is dark outside and the only lighting is the dome light in my delivery car. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iBU_DF2fjc
  12. Ukester Brown

Uke centered band

My son who is 26 sent me this email: "Here's a vid of a guy from a group called "Neutral Uke Hotel," which is really a tribute band that plays nothing but 'Neutral Milk Hotel' songs. N. Milk H. had some success in the indie music scene maybe 6 or so years ago. This is a vid of one of the N...
  13. Ukester Brown

Close call on YouTube?

So last summer I think it was I entered a contest on YouTube via ukulele underground (J.T. Pokie sponsored it- The devil song contest) I did "If the devil danced in empty pockets". One of the writers of the song, Ken Spooner (goes by spoonetunes on YouTube) stopped by my video and rather left a...
  14. Ukester Brown

Minnesota Lil' Rev uke seminar June 27th

On Sunday June 27th there will be an ukulele seminar taught by Lil' Rev of Miwaukee, WI. http://www.lilrev.com There will be a $20.00 charge for this event which will run from 1:30 to 5:00 PM and will include a refreshment break and a concert provided by Lil' Rev. The seminar will be on right...
  15. Ukester Brown

Funny ukulele comic?

I've included a link on my website to ukulele related newspaper comics. If you have a funny one to share let me know and I'll link it up . Nothing from the Playboy advisor if you know what I mean.....
  16. Ukester Brown

Chipboard soprano cases

I'm looking for a few of those cheap card boardy "chipboard" cases for soprano ukes. They are for my for growing collection of Maccaferri Islanders and the nicely padded ones are over kill for me and these ukes. I just want a nice form fit non fabric carrying case for them. Is anyone willing to...
  17. Ukester Brown

Thanks Ray for website help!

Hi- I mentioned before I had a website up sharing the music I like and have made available for you to download as practice sheets, but today I found out it was not very down-loadable. I was contacted via my contact form by my new friend Ray H who not only gave me a heads up, but also a very...
  18. Ukester Brown

My new web site

I hope I'm posting this on the correct spot..... OK so about 6 months ago my PC crashed and I thought I had lost all of my music charts. While I was able to have the hard drive storage saved it made me start thinking about how best to backup my music. (I do use an external backup now) Then I...