Search results

1. vanflynn

UU VIP billing

If you have your VIP annual payment set up you will see it coming from “Azuos”. This seems to be UU’s new portal. If you are not a VIP member please consider being one. This is a great forum for a great instrument. Wishing a happiest new year to all
  2. vanflynn

Fanfret fingerboard?

Not a uke question but a luthier question. I was checking out the eye candy at LMI’s Luthier Showcase and saw this fanfret. Is or a gimik or does it have any advantages? (Beau, we need more ukes there!)...
  3. vanflynn

Beer Fridge book ends

StewMac baritone kit and Martin cut away kit. Life is good
  4. vanflynn

All things must pass

To quote George Harrison, a ukulele player, All things must pass. I fully understand the reason and if having higher levels of VIP could help I’m in. Much Mahalo to Rayan, all monitors past and present for having such a welcoming environment. Peace and Aloha. Jim
  5. vanflynn

Dr John - RIP

Finally hit the wrong place at the right time. Thanks for the magic Doctor!
  6. vanflynn

Mahalo Ryan and UU geeks

Most of us probably didn’t notice it but some E-hole tried an attack on the UU sites yesterday. Thanks to Ryan (the man behind the curtain) and others our wonderful site is still purring along. Our computer wizards don’t get enough accolades as we go about our daily uke chatting. Please...
  7. vanflynn

Pure Heart reunion

Don’t know if this was posted yet but here’s a great vid of the Pure Heart reunion on Hi Sessions. Jon, Jake and Lopaka all still doing great Was anyone there?
  8. vanflynn

The folks behind the curtain

Another example of what our hosts get to deal with: http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?121216-I-Got-Bullied-At-Ukulele-Underground-Just-Because-I-posted-My-*****-Review-Shame-! Between idiots and spammers you have your hands full. We do appreciate it. Thanks for keeping this...
  9. vanflynn

Mahalo Ryan and UU webmasters

After seeing a barrage of spam crap posted I just wanted to thank all those behind the curtains that make this a great forum. You have to battle all the e-holes so that we can talk about ukuleles Mahalo
  10. vanflynn

Mr & Mrs Chee

Congratulations Craig and Sarah on your wedding day. I hope your years together are long and wonderful! https://www.facebook.com/keyofchee
  11. vanflynn

Parade time again

This time of year many small towns have their "insert name" Days where pretty much anyone can be in the parade. This year our bunch did a Django Reinhardt, a Led Zepplin, and a ZZ Top tune. As long as you through out candy, noone seems to care how good the music is!
  12. vanflynn

Triplet strum

Was just playing a song with some triplets and was wondering how most folks did them: three finger down stroke or two down and one up?
  13. vanflynn

Shipping a Uke CONUS to HI

I have a freind that needs to ship a uke from Minnesota to Hawaii. I was wondering if there is a prefered shipper (Fed Ex, USPS, UPS) for that? Thanks for any help Jim
  14. vanflynn

NUD - Camp Uke

My darling wife got me a Camp Uke for Christmas. I believe it is “Lyon Healy Camp Uke” from what I could find. They were made in the 30’s & 40’s. It has the number 7240 on the neck block so is probably a later one. It came without tuners (I had a couple sets already), two cracks by...
  15. vanflynn

e-chords new feature (?)

I don't know how new it is, but e-chords.com now will display the ukulele chord diagrams for songs. (Probably been there for I while but I just stumbled over it) Have fun and enjoy
  16. vanflynn

Chord flash cards

http://www.flashcardmachine.com/p/ukechords It's been a while since this site has been posted on UU. It's simple to use and a great learning device. And no, I am not associated with it in any way, just want folks to know of its existence.
  17. vanflynn

Uncle Elvis OK?

Has anyone heard from E since Gonzalo paid Bermuda a visit?
  18. vanflynn

Happy T-Day Canada!

Happy Thanksgivings Day to all our Canadian friends (and everyone else) Here in the US we are celebrating a wayward sailor who thought he landed in India!
  19. vanflynn

Humidifier time

Just a public service reminder to those in the upper Northern Hemisphere- Humidifiers go in when furnace goes on! Do your favorite instrument a favor and keep it humidified. You can make them yourself fairly easily...
  20. vanflynn

New Uke / Birdhouse

First off, I want this post as far from the Luthier section as possible. I bought a Hana Lima kit to get a feel for what goes into making a uke. I am more of the 2x4 and lag bolts type of woodworker but I thought it would be fun. At the worse I would get a clock or birdhouse out of it. So...