Search results

1. vanflynn

UU VIP billing

I (ahem, ahem) have no control of the VIP section and actually don’t know what it is. I am on trying to support the administration of this wonderful site.
  2. vanflynn

UU VIP billing

If you have your VIP annual payment set up you will see it coming from “Azuos”. This seems to be UU’s new portal. If you are not a VIP member please consider being one. This is a great forum for a great instrument. Wishing a happiest new year to all
  3. vanflynn

Seaguar Blue Label samples - got what I wanted, thanks!

BTW it was blue label I sent
  4. vanflynn

If you don’t like them they are good for walleye fishing!
  5. vanflynn

Hey Mike. I got all 5 of them and will send no charge. I buy Mitchell ukes and set them up with these for Toys for Toys every year. OK sound but stay in tune quickly. I’m not sure if I can PM with this new format but will try. If you don’t hear from me please PM me. I’m down by Mankato so...
  6. vanflynn

Fanfret fingerboard?

Not a uke question but a luthier question. I was checking out the eye candy at LMI’s Luthier Showcase and saw this fanfret. Is or a gimik or does it have any advantages? (Beau, we need more ukes there!)...
  7. vanflynn

Beer Fridge book ends

StewMac baritone kit and Martin cut away kit. Life is good
  8. vanflynn

Kamaka Tiki concert

This is an original Gold label, with the double K. Most tikis still have their legs. :rolleyes:
  9. vanflynn

All things must pass

To quote George Harrison, a ukulele player, All things must pass. I fully understand the reason and if having higher levels of VIP could help I’m in. Much Mahalo to Rayan, all monitors past and present for having such a welcoming environment. Peace and Aloha. Jim
  10. vanflynn

Dr John - RIP

Finally hit the wrong place at the right time. Thanks for the magic Doctor!
  11. vanflynn

Pics of your group?

Kanikapila Minnesota style,
  12. vanflynn

Mahalo Ryan and UU geeks

Most of us probably didn’t notice it but some E-hole tried an attack on the UU sites yesterday. Thanks to Ryan (the man behind the curtain) and others our wonderful site is still purring along. Our computer wizards don’t get enough accolades as we go about our daily uke chatting. Please...
  13. vanflynn

Pure Heart reunion

Don’t know if this was posted yet but here’s a great vid of the Pure Heart reunion on Hi Sessions. Jon, Jake and Lopaka all still doing great Was anyone there?
  14. vanflynn

The folks behind the curtain

Another example of what our hosts get to deal with: http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?121216-I-Got-Bullied-At-Ukulele-Underground-Just-Because-I-posted-My-*****-Review-Shame-! Between idiots and spammers you have your hands full. We do appreciate it. Thanks for keeping this...
  15. vanflynn

Lurkers lusting to learn the uke

I have used this for beginners and face it, if you learn it you can make it through (in one way or another) about 75% of the songs out there. It was designed by a fellow UUer who I can't recall right now but would like to thank.
  16. vanflynn

Aloha from N.E. Florida

Aloha and welcome to UU. Glad you joined in and glad you got a uke. They are great. IMHO your action is high. It is a personal thing but I looks like doing any barr chording would take too much effort. Here is some discussion on string height...
  17. vanflynn

Mahalo Ryan and UU webmasters

After seeing a barrage of spam crap posted I just wanted to thank all those behind the curtains that make this a great forum. You have to battle all the e-holes so that we can talk about ukuleles Mahalo
  18. vanflynn

Mr & Mrs Chee

Congratulations Craig and Sarah on your wedding day. I hope your years together are long and wonderful! https://www.facebook.com/keyofchee
  19. vanflynn

Where did you play your ukelele this summer?

In the local parade. They are desperate for musical floats (we were more of a sink!)
  20. vanflynn

Parade time again

This time of year many small towns have their "insert name" Days where pretty much anyone can be in the parade. This year our bunch did a Django Reinhardt, a Led Zepplin, and a ZZ Top tune. As long as you through out candy, noone seems to care how good the music is!