Search results

1. Charley

Two Fremont Bags

Fremont Tenor Bag - NO LONGER AVAILABLE **ITEM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. Fremont Tenor - excellent condition. Inside dimensions.... approx 25"x10" Neck support block is secured by velcro and can be repositioned as needed. I'm asking $35 I'm in L.A. area, so if you're local, we can...
  2. Charley

Central Coast CA

I'm going to be driving up the CA coast on Sunday July 19 (in a week). I won't be in a hurry, and I'm wondering if there are any ukulele groups that happen to be gathering on Sunday afternoon anywhere from Ventura to San Luis Obispo? I realize most gatherings in CA are severely curtailed at the...
  3. Charley

Ukulele Hats

Like these hats, proudly worn by some of my classroom ukuleles????
  4. Charley

NUD - Martin T1K

A new family member came home today! I love the way it feels, sounds and looks - maybe especially the color variation on the back. This one's going to be my main go-to for a long time. Can't wait to break it in at the LA Ukulele Festival in a few weeks :)
  5. Charley

FS - Fluke Tenor

NOTE: I'm sorry, but I forgot to mention the Fluke has had a strap button installed. It was professionally installed by the luthier at McCabe's Guitars in Santa Monica. A very small block of wood was placed inside at the bottom, and a hole was drilled through the ukulele bottom into the...
  6. Charley

FS - Fluke Tenor

I'm thinning my herd, and I'm ready to sell this Fluke Tenor, in a Fremont case. Currently strung with Fremont Black strings, although I've previously used Worth Clear, and they also sounded great. Standard Fluke friction tuners. I've had it since early 2014. It's in great condition, although...
  7. Charley

FS - Gretsch Tenor, G9121

I'm thinning the herd, and I'm ready to sell this Gretsch tenor. I've had it since early 2015. Mahogany laminate, Fishman pickup, excellent condition. Also includes original Gretsch padded gig bag (although I've kept it in a hard case). I've added strap buttons; otherwise it's just like it was...
  8. Charley

NUD - Ohana SK-35

My favorite (and only) daughter got me this new baby from Mim! Looks cool, and plays great. It's my first Mim's ukulele; I'm sure it won't be my last.
  9. Charley

Putting Out Feelers - Trade My Fluke for a Flea?

Just checking to see if anyone's interested... I have a green tenor Fluke, about 4 years old. It's in great condition, but lately I've been interested in possibly getting a Soprano or Concert Flea. I'm not playing the Fluke all that much (since I have a handful of other ukuleles). The Fluke is...
  10. Charley

Martin String Mis-Labeling

I ordered a few sets of Martin tenor strings from Strings & Beyond, the same brand I always use on this particular ukulele. If you look at the photo of the outer package, and the photo of the white envelopes, you'll notice the names and dimensions of the strings don't match. The A & G, and the C...
  11. Charley

Case for a Fluke

]107081[/attach] Sorry - I post photos so rarely, I always have problems when I try to remember how to upload them! Anyway, it's a cool case.
  12. Charley

New Idea for Signing My Classroom Uke

I teach K-8th music, and grades 3 and older have a chance to learn ukulele, a little. But starting in 6th grade, they play it a lot more. Each student gets a ukulele to take home for the school year. In my classroom, I have several ukuleles sitting around for decor reasons, and one of them is...
  13. Charley

Kamaka Pineapple, Gold Label

I'm selling my Kamaka Pineapple. Its a gold label model, which puts the age between the late 50's and early 1970's. Great condition, and includes a new Kamaka pineapple hard case. Asking $400. If you're local to LA area, maybe we can avoid shipping. Thanks!
  14. Charley

Putting out Feeler.... Trade my Kamaka Gold Pineapple for Martin S1

Just seeing if this is a possibility... I have a Kamaka Gold Label Pineapple, built sometime between the mid-50's and late 60's. I bought it used, had the bridge reglued by a professional luthier here in the LA area. I love this ukulele - but, after playing some Martin S1's, I think I would use...
  15. Charley

Hard Case for Pono TT-4 Tahitian Style Tenor

This isn't a hardshell case, but it's an extremely rugged, stiff padded case by Fremont. I keep my Fluke in it, and because of the unique shape of your Pono, it may be an option. It comes in different sizes and the internal neck block is moveable, so you can get a pretty snug fit. I got it from...
  16. Charley

Gig bag vs hard case.

All my ukuleles are in hard cases, which are relatively easy to find and not much more expensive than gig bags. One exception however - my Fluke lives in a Fremont Gig Bag - the coolest gig bag I've ever owned. This thing is built like a tank (not that the Fluke needs all that much protection)...
  17. Charley

After Many Tries - the Right Kamaka Pineapple Strings!

Today I put a set of Kamaka strings on my gold label pineapple. Man - it's the sound I always imagined this ukulele having, but hadn't quite achieved yet. I've had this instrument for about three years. After getting the bridge re-glued by an expert luthier, I kept hoping for something more in...
  18. Charley

Looking for Fluke Hard Case

I'm looking for a hard case for my Fluke, and I'm hoping to save a few bucks by getting a used one. Does anyone have one of these cases you might want to part with?
  19. Charley

Loved the LA Ukefest!

Thanks to Mitch Chang and the others who put this event together. From Sarah Maisel's jazz workshop, to Abe Lagrimas' chord melody workshop, to Sarah & Craig's show, Victoria Vox, Abraham Lagrimas et al, and finally James Hill, who in my opinion has skills that surpass Jake (let the...
  20. Charley

Kamaka Humidity, L.A.

I live in the South Bay area of Los Angeles, and have recently acquired a Kamaka Gold Label Pineapple. After having a minor bridge repair done, it's sounding great and I'm playing the thing all the time. However... since all my other ukuleles are fairly inexpensive, I haven't thought much about...