Search results

1. Tele295

NUD: Help dating a Kamaka 6?

Just got an older, white label Kamaka 6 that sounds amazing. I am trying to date it, but there is no serial number or inside date that I could find. Can you help me? It has very unusual tuners that I haven't seen on other old Kamakas. They look like banjo tuners, so I'm not convinced that they...
  2. Tele295

Fender Mandocaster Uke conversion

I have this electric Fender Mandocaster that I got in 2005 for Bakersfield/country band work. It's a 5-string, but the low C never intonated right. It sounds OK, and I made some records with it, but it wasn't magic. In my flu medication induced haze this morning, I got the bright idea to tune...
  3. Tele295

Mic & Headphone recommendations for home project studio

I'm putting together a little project /home studio for my ukulele stuff. What do you recommend for (budget yet good microphones) for a uke? I'm using a Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 into my laptop. Also, any recommendations for inexpensive yet all-purpose headphones? I'm using iPhone earbuds now!:eek:
  4. Tele295

Hard case for a uBass

I'm looking for a hard case for a uBass so I can fly with it. The rectangular Kala case is too big and bulky for what I'm looking to do. Why won't a uBass fit in a regular baritone uke hardcase? Is the width of the tuners a problem?
  5. Tele295

NAMM January 2014?

Just confirmed that I have a pass. Anybody else here going? What are the uke events not to miss?
  6. Tele295

Baggs Para DI settings?

Does anyone have some recommended uke settings on a Baggs Para DI? I'm using a Baggs Five.0 pickup in my tenor and I play fingerstyle. Thanks
  7. Tele295

Mele Kailikimaka fingerstyle arrangement?

Anybody have one they could share? Thanks
  8. Tele295

Fingerstyle surf tunes?

Does anybody have fingerstyle arrangements of some classic surf tunes, like Walker Don't Run or Pipeline, etc?
  9. Tele295

Ojai Valley Handmade Ukulele

I received an Ojai Valley Handmade tenor as a birthday gift last month. Of course, my darling wife did have a little direction.... The back and sides are solid koa, and the top is redwood. The neck appears to be mahogany, with a koa veneer on the peghead and a rosewood fingerboard. It has...
  10. Tele295

NUD: I have the best wife ever

My birthday present from my darling appeared a few days early. I have the best wife ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She wants me to use it at the Kanikapila this Sunday (my actual birthday. So it's an Ojai Valley uke. I haven't heard them discussed here, but it is really a fine instrument. Solid Koa...
  11. Tele295

New uke - go darker or brighter?

So, it's time for an upgrade. Went down to my local store, Anacapa Ukulele on Saturday, played a bunch, and had my daughter film them with my phone. Of course, these ukes sound different from an audience perspective than what the player hears. The one I really liked was much brighter out front...
  12. Tele295

My first video - No Woman No Cry in Kauai

I've only been playing for 6 weeks, so no charge for mistakes. But how many opportunities do you get to play uke on a Kauai beach? LdVjMPeMFDQ
  13. Tele295

Jake's soundtrack to "Saidoweizu"

I came across a reference to the Japanese remake of "Sideways," with soundtrack by Jake Shimabukuro. Does anyone know if this is an original soundtrack, or pieces from his prior albums?
  14. Tele295

KoAloha concert identification

This is different than the other KoAlohas I've seen - particularly the carved "KoAloha" on the bridge and the wood dots. It's used, so an older model? Any insights?
  15. Tele295

Played my first Uke gig last Saturday

So I got brave, and brought my Ovation/Applause soprano uke to our gypsy jazz gig last Saturday with the Jill Martini Soiree. I found that the sound was very very bright, and I had to roll the tone control all the way off to get the mellow sound I heard acoustically. I only played it on a couple...
  16. Tele295

Baritone tuned in perfect 4ths?

Is there such a tuning for baritone uke - EADG, but an octave up from the 4 lowest strings on a guitar? If so, what strings are used?
  17. Tele295

New here - where do I start?

Hi, I'm new here. I've had a little Applause soprano uke for a few years, but an upcoming trip to Kapa'a has got me thinking, and I pulled out the uke over the weekend to see if I could make something of it. Plus, I just discovered there's a neat little uke store in my town: Anacapa Ukuleles...
Top Bottom