Search results

1. UkeCan1

Season 636 - One for sorrow...

Here's one for gold:
  2. UkeCan1

SOTU 635: Castles

I had "Guinevere" by Buskin and Batteau on my list for this week, and then figured I wasn't going to get to it, since it's almost over and I don't know the song very well. But then I realized that Guinevere is a girl's name, which makes it a nice twofer with 636 part 3. I still don't know the...
  3. UkeCan1

Season 636 - One for sorrow...

I had "Guinevere" by Buskin and Batteau on my list for the 535 castle theme, and then figured I wasn't going to get to it, since that week is almost over and I don't know the song very well. But then I realized that Guinevere is a girl's name, which makes it a nice twofer. I still don't know...
  4. UkeCan1

And here, because it has finally uploaded, is my rather sloppy set from a week ago, featuring the enthusiastic pick-up band of David on keyboard, Roland on sax, and Garth on cajon. The castle songs are "If You Could Read My Mind" - Gordon Lightfoot "Listen to the Music" - The Doobie Brothers...
  5. UkeCan1

Well, I did a set at last Sunday's open mic intended for this Season, that included three castle songs, and almost a fourth - three of which have since been done much better by others ... and then my week was very full and I didn't get around to posting it till this morning ... and then for some...
  6. UkeCan1

Are you done, gents? At least be courtiers and don't reign on the parade.
  7. UkeCan1

Season 634 - Love Your Larynx!

I'm okay. My singing voice was wonky when I made yesterday's video, but my speaking voice is fine. I'm nowhere near laryngitis, thankfully! But, yeah - this theme seems to be affecting some of us. Power of suggestion, maybe, in my case? We'll see when I go to sing again. I'm working on an...
  8. UkeCan1

This seemed like an apropos title for laryngitis week, plus it's a killer song. I've been playing it on loop in the background all day to learn it, because I really only knew the "don't tell me 'cause it hurts" hooky bit. "Don't Speak" by No Doubt (Gwen Stefani's band). I was losing my voice...
  9. UkeCan1

Caspar, I'm eager to see your video, but it's set to "private". You need to edit the setting for us to see it.
  10. UkeCan1

How about a little KISS? They knew a thing or two about use of the larynx ... and the tongue. (And makeup, but I didn't have time for that.) "Shout It Out Loud"
  11. UkeCan1

I have so much work to do! But instead I did this. It's kind of an ode to what you are going through, Del. It's called "Without Larynx (Laryngitis Song)", and is a parody of Badfinger's "Without You" (my second Badfinger song this week that you probably didn't remember was a Badfinger song -...
  12. UkeCan1

I just remembered a song I wrote in October 2019, and never properly recorded, that's a perfect twofer. It's about getting loud (singing and talking, and playing ukes around campfires after curfew, annoying the camp staff), at an annual gathering, and counting the days until we get to do it...
  13. UkeCan1

SOTU 633: Time is on my side (yes it is)

I just remembered a song I wrote in October 2019, and never properly recorded, that's a perfect twofer. It's about getting loud (singing and talking, and playing ukes around campfires after curfew, annoying the camp staff), at an annual gathering, and counting the days until we get to do it...
  14. UkeCan1

I've been planning this one most of the week. To make it fit for a 634 twofer, I added a bunch of words for different things that require a larynx, which I think actually improves the song, which originally repeated the words "pray" and "worship" quite a lot. I started more or less with the...
  15. UkeCan1

I've been planning this one for 633's time theme. Most of the many verses out there use the verbs "pray" or "worship", which can be done with the larynx or silently. So I added as many laryngeal activities as I could squeeze in. How many can you find? I started more or less with the...
  16. UkeCan1

All these gags are drool-y cheeky.
  17. UkeCan1

How about a little Badfinger? Since others have done "Time After Time", here's "Day After Day".
  18. UkeCan1

Here's what happened at last night's first Thursday open mic at the golf club: I was next to last and did "Rock Around the Clock" - Bill Haley "As Time Goes By" "Old Time Rock and Roll" - Bob Seger "Eight Days a Week" - The Beatles Then David (third David of the night) assembled a stellar...
  19. UkeCan1

Here's a bit of silliness. "Knock Three TIMES" by Tony Orlando and DAWN (with sound effects)
  20. UkeCan1

SOTU 632 "I'LL SEE YOU IN MY DREAMS"

April has arrived, and must be celebrated. I had to shoehorn in the word "dream" to make it fit, because I had to.
Top Bottom