Search results

1. C

Octave baritone question

I have decided to experiment a bit with my new baritone. I want to tune it GCEA, but I would like to tune it an octave lower than standard to see if it will keep the rich baritone sound. I watched this video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qIC1c4wYwTA where he used D'addrio extra high tension...
  2. C

Great deal leads to a NUD

Hi All, I normally read other people's thoughts more than post but I had to share this. I had stopped by the surf shop where my daughter works just to say hi. This particular shop sell a decent amount of ukuleles and I got to talking to the store owner about them. We played several and...
  3. C

Why reinvent the wheel?

I was reading a thread on the beginner's forum about plastic ukes. Someone suggested to the OP that if they wanted a plastic uke the way to go is find a vintage Islander. I have seen this same advice on several threads regarding plastic ukes. I don't have any experience with plastic ukes so I...
  4. C

NUD-My first soprano

Hi All, Just got my first soprano a couple of days ago. It's a Rubin RS-101. It's a great looking little uke and a blast to play. The good: Great intonation. I checked each string at every fret with my electronic tuner and it was spot on. The sound is clear and bright with a good bit of chirp...
  5. C

TOM ukuleles, anyone...?

I have a Tom thin line tenor. I've really enjoyed playing it. The intonation was good out of the box and while it is not the loudest uke (most likely because of thin thinner body) it has a nice tone. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Tom uke.
  6. C

Looking for Glow Worm

Thanks. That's just what I was looking for.
  7. C

Looking for Glow Worm

I've been looking for a chord chart for the Mills Brothers version of Glow Worm for ukulele. I'm a big Mills Brothers fan and would love to learn to play it. I'm pretty sure it may be a bit advanced for a beginner like myself but I'd like to give it a try. Does anyone know the chords?
  8. C

Strings Ukulele String Comparisons Spreadsheet

Thanks for the spreadsheet. I recently posted a thread about concerns I had with the tension of the D'Addario T2s on my uke. Looking at you spreadsheet I see the T2s have less tension than the stock Aquilas. Very helpful. Thanks.
  9. C

String tension damage?

I changed strings on my tenor ukulele today because I was not very happy the Aquilas that came on the uke. They sounded more percussive than ringing to me so decided to switch them. I picked up some D'Addario T2 Titaniums and put them on. I really like the sound but the tension seems really...
  10. C

Thanks to Bazmaz!

Just wanted to say a quick thanks to Bazmaz for his string change video on his blog. Did my first change following his video tutorial and his instructions made it easy as pie. I'm sure most of you are familiar with his blog but for anyone who hasn't seen it go take a look. It is full of good...
  11. C

New uke: Tom tenor

Came home to a new uke today. My new Tom thin body tenor ukulele. I'll post pics and a review soon. All I can say for now is that this uke sounds and looks so much better than it has a right to for the price!
  12. C

This is going to be a long day

You know it's going to be a long day when USPS tracking says they have delivered your new uke to the house and you won't get off work for hours! Oh well, at least I'll have a great evening.
  13. C

Identifying strings

I know it is probably not possible to identify strings by a description but I thought with all the experience on this board someone could point me in the right direction. I was in the music store the other day and picked up a Recording King resonator. As I strummed a few chords I fell in love...
  14. C

Hello to everyone

Just thought I would take the time to introduce myself to everyone. I have always loved music and have had a desire to play myself instead of just passively listening. I did a lot of research and decided the ukulele would be a great instrument to make this dream come true. About a month ago I...
  15. C

I think I've been blessed with a lack of good taste!

Having just joined a short time ago I have been reading some old threads. I found this sound comparison http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?59356-Can-you-tell-which-is-which and discovered I greatly preferred the plastic and Makala to the $500 KoAloha with the Plastic being my...
  16. C

Opinions about Hanknn?

Hi All, This is my first post. I've been reading the forum for the last several days and have really enjoyed all the great information. I would like to know anyone's opinion of Hanknn ukuleles. I know there was a group buy not long ago but my search has turned up very little in the way of...
Top Bottom