Search results

1. alden

Aldrine Guerrero in CALIFORNIA! August 09!

you've probably seen it and know what it was called. It is normally worn for formal occasions like weddings, etc. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barong_Tagalog
  2. alden

Aldrine Guerrero in CALIFORNIA! August 09!

i'm late to this shindig... There is pistahan festival in SF on 8/8 or on 8/9 and I suggest we do a meetup there. We can jam at the yerba buena gardens. I plan to do a .6 mile parade on 8/8 in my barong and y'all are welcome to join. (got to be there before 10AM tho)...
  3. alden

Jake at the SF Jazz Festival, Nov 9, 2008

can't make it buy see if you can get a video of the show... I'm going to chilly chicago that weekend! Hope I don't come back with a cold!
  4. alden

Hawaiian Music @ Stern Grove

JJ - Where were you sitting? I was to the left of the senior citizens on the grass. too bad. I had my red UU shirt. too bad we didn't run into each other. I had my uke too. anyways... catch u later.
  5. alden

East Coast = Best Coast

I travel to NYC at least twice a year. Would be great if I can join in on the fun so let me know what you guys come up with.
  6. alden

Aloha Festival, SF, Aug 2-3

yo yo! thanks for the delish pinoy pastries. when's the next get together?
  7. alden

had to cool you down after the solo you did with the impromptu jam session with Aldrine at the hukilau show - was a vid ever posted of it? you can just hit me back next jam session.
  8. alden

Audacity on Ubuntu 8.04

So after all these years using Microsoft OS I am contemplating on migrating to Linux or OSX. For a trial run I have installed Ubuntu 8.04 on my Dell laptop. Installed Audacity and recorded myself on one track then recorded a second track on top of that but am having recording issues and not sure...
  9. alden

July 29th @ OAHU! Diamond Head cove

do us proud, young fred mui, do us proud. :music:
  10. alden

If I go it would be on a Sunday afternoon. I have to attend 2 weddings on Saturday. :nana:
  11. alden

UU dudes are coming to California! SF and SD

Russ - Mos Def! Jonesy says she would like to join us for pre/concert/post gatherings so lemme know what you and Trina got planned.
  12. alden

dasilva website says $20 at the door. what is the right price? posted 2nd event on yelp. http://www.yelp.com/events/san-francisco-ukulele-underground-at-the-hukilau
  13. alden

Added event on Yelp.com http://www.yelp.com/events/berkeley-ukulele-underground-at-desilvas-workshop
  14. alden

Hey mrmr.. .I checked out Honu. They are booked for July 19th.
  15. alden

I might know a couple of places in SF more specifically the Mission District/Daly City and Inner Richmond areas. I'll talk to the owners to see if we can use those venues and if those dates will work. Looking forward to your visit :rock:
  16. alden

Bay Area Ukers

Jeremy, Count me in! Imma gonna PM you my contact info. Alden
  17. alden

Placerville, CA 'ukulele get togethers?

i try to head to south lake tahoe once a month. maybe we can hook up and jam?
  18. alden

Redemption Song

seeso - man i love this song. one of the 1st ones I learned on the guitar. definitely will sit down with your tabs and try it out. thanks bruddah - i owe ya a cold one. :rock:
  19. alden

An old fashioned game of chess - anyone?

Let me know and we can figure out together what will work but I was thinking maybe emailing/PM our moves maybe once a day.
Top Bottom