Search results

1. amute

Mainland Tenor Mahogany Slotted Headstock with Mi-Si pick-up system and extras

SOLD 9/28/2012 For sale is my Tenor Mahogany Slotted Headstock Mainland Ukulele with the Mi-Si pick-up system and side dots and strap buttons that have been professionally installed. I am also including the case, ukulele strap, extra Aquila Strings and a Snark SN-6 ukulele tuner. This ukulele...
  2. amute

Got beat up and had my Mainland smashed by Vader's men...

So yesterday after jamming at the Mos Eisley Cantina on the planet Tatooine. I came across a group of storm troopers that called me names told me Jake Shimabukuro sucked and then took my uke and had an officer stomp it into pieces before they beat the crap out of me... Bullying is wrong on any...
  3. amute

Snark Tuner for Ukulele, anyone try one yet?

I've got a chance to pick-up a little gear for the holidays and I've noticed that Snark is now making a tuner tailored to the Ukulele's frequency range. Anyone own one or try one yet? I have one for bass & guitar and it's the best tuner ever so seeing the new one has peaked my interest...
  4. amute

The weight of your Ukulele?

Hello I am hoping that some UU members with nice higher end Tenor Ukulele's could tell me the weight of there ukes. I'm working with a friend and we're building a tenor uke, cutting down on the bracing and trying out different options has left us wondering what a Kamaka, Pono or Kanile'a might...
  5. amute

Time for a NEW Tenor Uke what would you buy (under $400)

So after sometime of being an unhappy Bushman "Lemon" Ukulele owner I've saved enough cash to buy a Uke that I'm okay with folks seeing me play. I have about $400 and want a solid wood, most likely Mahogany Tenor Uke. I'm also hoping to have a Mi-Si pick-up system installed in it but will wait...
  6. amute

Modesto Ca. Ukulele Players?

Hello I live in Modesto Ca. and am looking to jam with other Ukulele players. I have a LARGE Boxing Gym on Bangs Ave that we could jam in on Sat. or Sundays. Hit me up if you're around my way. Thanx!
  7. amute

Jake Shimabukuro's pick-up? anyone?

:confused: Quick question I'm sure it's common knowledge among the hard core Jake fans. Can anyone please tell me what pick-up he uses in his ukulele? Thank you!
  8. amute

Modesto Ca. Ukulele player???

Hey I'm looking for a Ukulele/guitar player for my band here in Modesto California. I've been tracking both guitar and ukulele, but to play live I'm gonna need a uke player. Anyone in Modesto?? Our bands page and tunes are posted here: http://www.myspace.com/dogslife Thank you.
  9. amute

Anyone play Uke in a band??

I was wondering if anyone plays Uke with a band? Drums, bass, guitars.. the works. Maybe you know of a band or two? Please post links. I know of Jake's old band "Pure Heart" and Jason's band JMD but I'm trying to learn about and hear more recordings. To see how the Uke fits into a mix. Thank...
  10. amute

Ukulele Bluegrass help anyone?

Anyone have any cool tab and/or theory sites on playing ukulele in the style of bluegrass? Any videos, tabs, links or info would be great and thank you in advance. So if this has been requested before, I haven't had alot of time to search "bluegrass" here on UU but I plan to. I was just hope'n...
  11. amute

Look a $29,999.00 Uke on ebay.

It's kindda window shopping but checkout this ebay store that offers HIGH dollar Ukes down to the cheapies. Seen a double neck uke before? :D Crazy $29,999.00 Uke! man.... enjoy! http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Musicguymics-Room__W0QQ_armrsZ1
  12. amute

What's the correct height of Ukulele Strings???

Okay since I'm not sure i thought I'd ask the pro's! :bowdown: Please anyone, will you tell me what's the height of your strings from the fret board (NOT THE FRET) after your last fret??? What's normal? The height around the 1st - 9th fret seems cool but around the 15th and higher just seems...
  13. amute

Best pickup for a Bushman Tenor??

Hello everyone and I hope this finds you well. Okay so I'm hunting down the BEST pickup for my new Bushman Jenny Tenor. I'd like to hear what y'all think or better what you use. I'd like to go active but don't want to deal with the battery or on-board EQ cut into my Uke. So I was thinking...
Top Bottom