Search results

1. E

FS - Hudson HUK MC Concert. All solid mahogany. Lovely quality. UK sale.

Hi All, This item never sold and I am listing it again today. It has not been played for maybe five years and has been in the case all that time. I long since moved across to guitar and this is the last of my ukes. Part of me wants to keep it as it was my first decent quality instrument but in...
  2. E

FS - Hudson HUK MC Concert. All solid mahogany. Lovely quality. UK sale.

Over the last few years I have sold several of my ukuleles on this site including a solid mahogany Kala Soprano and a solid mahogany Ohana Tenor. In each sale the buyer has been extremely happy as the several references in those different threads prove. After my previous sales (maybe 7 or 8...
  3. E

Hawaiian D7

It’s a D7 played on an instrument from Hawaii which doesn’t have enough strings to include the root. The name seems clear to me.
  4. E

Hawaiian D7

It is the guitar A7 shape with the root on the 5th string (which the uke does not have). Barring this shape up at the 5th fret of the guitar gives a D7. So it’s a guitar D7 shape without the 5th string root. HTH.
  5. E

Padded Ukulele Stand. Excellent condition. Storage for five ukes. UK sale.

Foam padded stand for five ukes in excellent unmarked condition. Folds for storage. Ukes not included in the sale. A great product which usually sells out very quickly when the shops eventually get some stock. This one came from Omega Music. £32 including delivery or £28 cash on collection from...
  6. E

D’Addario Planet Waves Ukulele Capo. Top quality. Never used. UK Sale

Bought new by me but never used. Very small, light and unobtrusive when attached to the fretboard. Top quality product. Save yourself a fiver on the Amazon price. £13 including postage or £12 cash on collection from sunny Donny. Buy with confidence. All my ukes are now sold. Time to sell off...
  7. E

FS - Moselele Bambookulele Concert. Hardly played. UK Seller.

Hi All, For those of you not familiar with these instruments please see this link .... http://www.moselele.co.uk/?page_id=674 That page shows the Concert plus very good quality gig bag is £85 brand new. I am selling a brand new gig bag and a barely played instrument for £40. To be honest the...
  8. E

A minor Tuning - ACEA

Hi All, Is there anybody out there who uses this tuning ? It is achieved by tuning the G string up a whole step to A. I am particularly interested in its use with a low G string tuned up to A but am also interested in the reentrant version with two high A strings in place of a high G and high...
  9. E

FS - Ohana TK42 tenor. All solid. Sinker Redwood top, Rosewood back & sides. UK sale.

FS - Ohana TK42 tenor. All solid. Sinker Redwood top, Rosewood back & sides. UK sale. I bought this ukulele less than 18 months ago from Omega Music in the UK. It is a limited edition, all-solid wood model made from Oregon Sinker Redwood (top), Rosewood (back, sides and fingerboard), Mahogany...
  10. E

FS - Deering Goodtime Banjo Concert Uke. Mint condition. UK seller.

This instrument comes complete with mint "as new" condition gig bag, tone ring spanner (bought separately by me costing approximately £12) and two "as new" banjo strap loops (also bought separately costing approximately £5). As the photos show the instrument is like new. I have owned it two...
  11. E

FS - Kala KA ASOV-T tenor. All solid. Fishman AG passive pickup. Mint. UK seller.

This beautiful tenor has a solid Spruce top, solid Ovangkol (African Rosewood) back and sides with a beautiful grain, smooth as silk matt-finished mahogany neck, open Grover tuners and "fruit of the vine" inlaid headstock. I bought it 18 months ago and about nine months ago I had a very high...
  12. E

FS - Risa LP Tenor in Tobacco Sunburst. Mint condition. UK based seller.

I bought this from World of Ukes about nine months ago. It has been played a bit during that time but is basically in mint condition and comes complete with gig bag and tools which have never been used. I just find myself playing my electric guitars instead of this but every time I pick it up I...
  13. E

FS - Ohana TK35-CG Tenor. All solid mahogany with cutaway. Mint condition. UK seller

I have owned this ukulele for about 3 years. It is in mint condition but not through lack of playing as it is a fantastic instrument. The gloss finish has protected it well over the many happy hours I have spent playing it. I am sad to be selling but I need to get rid of some ukes and this one...
  14. E

FS - Kala KA SMHS Soprano. All solid mahogany. Some slight wear. UK based seller

I have owned this Soprano for about two years. I have too many ukes and it is no longer getting played. All solid mahogany strung re-entrant gCEA with Aquila strings. The only signs of use are some smooth patches on the matt-finished soundboard both below the A string due to strumming and...
  15. E

FS - Kala KA-B Baritone. Never used. Basically brand new. UK based seller.

I have owned this for about a year. It has been played less than 10 minutes in total. No reason for sale other than I have too many ukes and it deserves to be played. It is a new instrument in all but name. Strung re-entrant dGBE with a Worth clear d string, Aquila B and E strings and an...
  16. E

Pickup Decisions

Hi All, I know this topic has been discussed over and over on these boards but I would appreciate some new opinions. An experienced luthier will be carrying out the work ... I have three mid-priced Tenors which I string Low G (so there is some bass in the sound) and I wish to convert them all...
  17. E

Risa LP Tenor Questions

Hi All, 1) Has anybody out there got experience of retuning one of these down to DGBE to turn it into a mini 4 string electric guitar ? I'm thinking of using the middle four strings of a light set (0.010") of electric guitar strings rather than the top four strings that are advised for standard...
  18. E

Why Clawhammer ?

Hi all, This is not a "how clawhammer ?" thread but a "why clawhammer ?" thread. I'm currently learning the technique and like the learning process very much although I appreciate it will take a lot of practice for it to become second nature. However, I'm starting to wonder why I'm learning...
  19. E

GCEA vs DGBE. Shapes vs Chords.

Hi All, I am experimenting with DGBE tuning (low D). Instead of buying a baritone I have restrung a tenor with the middle four strings from a classical guitar set. So far so good and I'm now experimenting with this tuning versus my standard GCEA (low G) setup. Suppose my favourite song is in...
Top Bottom