Search results

1. Picker Jon

Not sure about the intonation....

2. Picker Jon

U-bass amp?

I've always wanted rumble away on the bass and a U-bass just looks too tempting! I have one or two questions though and I'd like to hear your opinions. Do you need a bass amp to play a U-bass into? And how about speaker size? I understand 15" is a standard bass speaker. I play electric guitar...
  3. Picker Jon

Ukulele Cosmos inactive?

Hailing fron the UK I have browsed the Ukulele Cosmos forum and decided to join. I registered, activated my account and wrote an introductory post which I was notified had to be approved before it would be posted on the board. That was three weeks ago and it hasn't appeared. I have emailed 3...
  4. Picker Jon

Version 2.0 of Ebook

I'll add my thanks! An excellent production and superb attention to detail updating the tunes.
  5. Picker Jon

Rough frets?

I've not been playing ukulele long but I've inevitably collected a few cheapish ones already. One thing strikes that me as odd, is that all of them, without exception, have rough, slightly abrasive frets, which I would have thought wasn't a good idea in conjunction with with soft nylon strings...
  6. Picker Jon

Morris on uke?

I'm really enjoying playing celtic and bluegrass fingerstyle on uke and I'd like to play some morris dance tunes as well. These are great tunes to play on guitar but finding tab arrangements is hard enough and I'm having great difficulty in finding arrangements of morris tunes for uke. The only...
  7. Picker Jon

banjo uke strings?

I just got a Kala concert banjo uke and after tightening up all the screws and tuning the head, I'm loving it! I've not been playing uke long but I was amazed at the difference changing strings from Aquila to Martins had on my Gretsch - made it sound much better. I'm not sure what strings...
  8. Picker Jon

loudest uke?

I got a uke last Christmas and I'm loving it. I'm learning jigs and reels and bluegrass tunes that go down really well at pub sessions. I'm amplifying my uke through a 5 watt battery amp which works really well. However, I can't always be bothered carrying an amp around and I was wondering if...
  9. Picker Jon

What ho!

Hello! I got a uke for Christmas, a Gretsch long scale tenor electro acoustic. I'm interested in fingerstyle European folk and early music and the sound of the uke suits those styles superbly. I can play from tab and I'm working on Rob MacKillop's books, 20 Celtic Uke Tunes and 20 Old Time...
Top Bottom